12-13-06, 03:06 PM   #141
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm workin on it guys.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."

12-13-06, 03:19 PM   #142
sh0e
A Murloc Raider

hoooooooray!!!! soon i can raid again =)

12-13-06, 03:49 PM   #143
Catharr
A Murloc Raider
Since the patch i used the raidframes from ag_unitframes. While they do look nice, they´re either eating up to much space if i want all infos i need in a readable size or are that small that i can hardly read it. Just tried out Grid, and thats probably the best replacement for PRaid until a new version comes out. As a healer, i´d still prefer PRaid in any way since i got "real" health bars there, Innervate notices etc, Grid´s little dot´s in the corners are easy not to notice. But for all non-healing classes, Grid might be worth a try until a new PRaid is there.

12-13-06, 10:37 PM   #144
da_hool
A Defias Bandit
I'm wondering if there will be a way to show the actual real debuff icons in the new version of Praid? If not, I'd like to request it. Thanks for your hard work!

12-14-06, 02:49 PM   #145
Laag
A Murloc Raider
IMO, CT_Raid's frames handle at least this one aspect really well. Show the buffs, limited by class, until the target becomes debuffed by something your class can dispell. Then show that debuff INSTEAD of the buffs and color the whole frame in a color specific to the debuff type.

The worst thing you can do is to simply add a debuff icon (even if in a different location) and call that warning enough. You need to do something else to draw attention to the frame.

12-14-06, 02:55 PM   #146
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Laag
IMO, CT_Raid's frames handle at least this one aspect really well. Show the buffs, limited by class, until the target becomes debuffed by something your class can dispell. Then show that debuff INSTEAD of the buffs and color the whole frame in a color specific to the debuff type.

The worst thing you can do is to simply add a debuff icon (even if in a different location) and call that warning enough. You need to do something else to draw attention to the frame.
... Have you ever used PerfectRaid?
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."

12-14-06, 04:12 PM   #147
sariel42
A Murloc Raider
PRaid, fanmail

seriously, i love your mods. i have got clique set up how i want it, and it works ever-so-spiffily, and i was searching, crying out, lost in the dark for a decent set of raid frames and i happened across your profile - i've read the features for PRaid and i am imploring you, if at all possible, keep the range check feature! nothing is more bewildering than trying to find out who is and isn't in range while running away from enemies in Alterac Valley - Even if you can't get this feature out in the new PRaid, i'll still love you intensely for your dedication and sheer ability.

Clahhaire, FTW!

12-15-06, 12:17 AM   #148
Alex Krycek
A Kobold Labourer

Thumbs up

Since the release of 2.0 I've been searching alternatives for CTRA and PerfectRaid seems to be very nice set of raid frames... Just waiting to get them

But no need to hurry, I can wait. Just make it Perfect first.

12-15-06, 06:17 AM   #149
H0PE
A Fallenroot Satyr
Im missing this baby a lot
Waiting inpatiently.

12-15-06, 06:39 PM   #150
johnmcchavs
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by H0PE
Im missing this baby a lot
Waiting inpatiently.
Well, you're not alone, boy

Thanks for this wonderful tool, Cladhaire. I quite can't play anymore because other raid frames are too far from... the perfection you reached !

Take your time.. I can cope with X-Perl for a moment. I did MC tonite, and it was hell, but I still have characters that can play without the need of a raid

12-16-06, 05:20 AM   #151
Angörd
A Kobold Labourer
Yep need PerfectRaid too !!

Good Job Cladhaire.

++

12-17-06, 05:38 AM   #152
Euphornia
A Defias Bandit
Still no ETA on PerfectRaid? It's been almost two weeks and I'm getting desperate here.

Please don't get me wrong...I understand that you do this totally on your own time. Your work is appreciated by so many of us! Knowing that there's a light at the end of the tunnel would be nice, though, if possible, even if it's in very general terms.

Thanks!
Euphie

12-17-06, 09:10 AM   #153
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
I can't and won't give an eta, but I am working on it. Remember, I need it to raid/pvp too.

12-17-06, 11:35 AM   #154
dragzal
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Cladhaire
I can't and won't give an eta, but I am working on it. Remember, I need it to raid/pvp too.
What ? Your still playing ? Go on your work guy

It´s a great mod and I am happy when it´s done.
Say it in Blizzard words: "It´s done when it´s done"

Greatings
Dragzal

P.S.: Sorry for my bad english

12-17-06, 03:20 PM   #155
Kithise
A Kobold Labourer
*flips out*

Ok, does anyone have ANY reccomendations for some simple, thin, horizontal raid frames similar to PerfectRai, because my guild is not stopping before BC. I refuse to use Blizzard or CTRaid, because their frames look like utter poop on a stick. They're crappy and horrid, and I LIVE and BREATHE for PerfectRaid.

If I knew some coding sites, I'd go pour over lines myself, but I don't even know where to start. It'll prolly be a summer project next semester.

I need something that looks remotely like PerfectRaid. It doesn't have to light up when I need to decurse something, or show who needs AI, I just need to have THIN raid frames I can shove to the right side of my screen with everyone's name on them. I'm playing my priest more, and have to see who the hell is dying or not. I need something to fill in until PR is ready (and with more than PR on the table, it won't be ready soon) so give me some reccomendations, please!

And grid is fugly, don't suggest that. Or CTraid.

12-17-06, 03:38 PM   #156
Scre3m
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Kithise
Ok, does anyone have ANY reccomendations for some simple, thin, horizontal raid frames similar to PerfectRai, because my guild is not stopping before BC. I refuse to use Blizzard or CTRaid, because their frames look like utter poop on a stick. They're crappy and horrid, and I LIVE and BREATHE for PerfectRaid.

If I knew some coding sites, I'd go pour over lines myself, but I don't even know where to start. It'll prolly be a summer project next semester.

I need something that looks remotely like PerfectRaid. It doesn't have to light up when I need to decurse something, or show who needs AI, I just need to have THIN raid frames I can shove to the right side of my screen with everyone's name on them. I'm playing my priest more, and have to see who the hell is dying or not. I need something to fill in until PR is ready (and with more than PR on the table, it won't be ready soon) so give me some reccomendations, please!

And grid is fugly, don't suggest that. Or CTraid.
Exactly what I am looking for, too.

12-17-06, 03:47 PM   #157
CrimsonHawk
Premium Member
Per your recommendations, Kithise, there is NOTHING that can be recommended.

As Cladhaire has been working diligently on PRaid, I've been settling for EasyRaid. EasyRaid is nowhere near as neat or compact as PRaid is (in fact, it looks almost exactly like CTRaid, asthetically), but at least it does the arranging of group windows for me instead of my being forced to arrange all the groups manually on the fly.

Another option you MIGHT consider is HealBot. A weird suggestion, I know, but hear me out. You can customize the skinned appearance of HealBot so that it looks like something very close to PRaid. This includes having a visual of both their health and their mana/energy/rage. You can also customize what your mouse clicks do when you click on a player's HealBot bar. Although it's intended to cast a heal, cure, or buff spell when you click on a player's bar, you can actually configure HealBot to simply "Target" the player if you click on it... yeah, you can. Plus, if you're a caster like a priest, druid, mage, warlock, paladin, or shaman, you can set HealBot to change a player's bar color when he's debuffed... and click cast the cure spell you need by hitting the appropriate key+click combination.

Just something to consider.

12-17-06, 04:34 PM   #158
vor_lord
A Kobold Labourer
I need something that looks remotely like PerfectRaid.
Check out OzRaid. It looks much like PerfectRaid.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...66-OzRaid.html

12-18-06, 04:37 AM   #159
theda
A Kobold Labourer
Arrow

Ok, does anyone have ANY reccomendations for some simple, thin, horizontal raid frames similar to PerfectRaid..
Until PerfectRaid is back.... I recommend oRA2 with sRaid Frames. Drop CTRA all together... it works with CTRA as if you had CTRA so your guild won't complain either.

oRA2 (a ctra alternative)
http://www.wowace.com/files/oRA2/oRA2-r21227.zip

sRaid Frames
http://www.wowace.com/files/sRaidFra...mes-r20907.zip

12-18-06, 08:25 AM   #160
Nahamnessa
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I suggest you use ag_UnitFrames' raid Frames, which comes with ag_UF. Set the layout to PerfectRaid (duh!) and it'll kinda do what you want. It used to be able to group with Raid, but for now you will have to live with only Group grouping until that or praid is finished updating.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Cladhaire's Mods » PerfectRaid