01-04-07, 10:01 AM   #101
Swiss
A Murloc Raider

Finally had a chance to test it last night in a 40 man PvE raid. Molten Chore to be exact . Never had any issues aside from when people were added/removed from the raid while in combat (that's a secure frame issue, not a mod issue, I know).

I really can't wait for some layout options since the current default layout is just too much open (read: wasted) space and just some more configuration options. I also didn't try out showing mana bars, which might be a nice built in feature eventually.

Functionality seems fine, just the nitty-gritty formatting that could make it great. But I guess we'll have to wait for Blizzard templates.
01-04-07, 11:10 AM   #102
Kesshi
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Hello Cladhaire. Thank you for this wonderful tool. I have only ever used CT for raid frames, until I downloaded PerfectRaid and I LOVE this! Last night in Naxx I was haping about PRaid over our TS server and 4 people went out and downloaded it imbetween pulls. They all loved it!

I would like to see and option to display a message only if the members of my group don't have a buff. That would work out well for Shaman totem managment.

Also, in the raid buff managment GUI, would you please move the "delete" button or the "cancel" button. They overlap eachother, and when cancelling your changes in the buff managment screen, it is too easy to accidentaly click "delete" right afterwards.

Thank you, Cladhaire.
01-04-07, 11:13 AM   #103
Nahamnessa
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Kesshi
I would like to see and option to display a message only if the members of my group don't have a buff. That would work out well for Shaman totem managment.
I believe you can do that yourself in the Buff/Debuff options. There is a check-box that says something like show only when buff is not applied.
01-04-07, 11:14 AM   #104
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hello Cladhaire. Thank you for this wonderful tool. I have only ever used CT for raid frames, until I downloaded PerfectRaid and I LOVE this! Last night in Naxx I was haping about PRaid over our TS server and 4 people went out and downloaded it imbetween pulls. They all loved it!

Also, in the raid buff managment GUI, would you please move the "delete" button or the "cancel" button. They overlap eachother, and when cancelling your changes in the buff managment screen, it is too easy to accedentaly click "delete" right afterwards.

Thank you, Cladhaire.
Hrm, a group filter wouldn't be too horrible to do, but its adding the strictness while still allowing the "OR" conditions that we have right now. Perhaps a "My Group" only condition that would only check on your group, then you could use:

Name: Mana Tide Totem
Conditions: Missing, My Group

Does that sound nice to you?

Also, good feedback on the cancel/delete.. I'm normally really anal retentive about stuff like that, so I'll probably swap the buttons out. I'm working on a re-org of that window anyway (the system will stay the same).

In the future, can you please post requests like this as seperate items on googlecode so they don't get lost? Thanks! I've posted these ones, so I can remember them.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."

Last edited by Cladhaire : 01-04-07 at 11:19 AM.
01-04-07, 11:15 AM   #105
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Nahamnessa
I believe you can do that yourself in the Buff/Debuff options. There is a check-box that says something like show only when buff is not applied.
But not one for only his group, which is a great suggestion for another condition =)
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
01-04-07, 12:58 PM   #106
Kesshi
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Cladhaire
Hrm, a group filter wouldn't be too horrible to do, but its adding the strictness while still allowing the "OR" conditions that we have right now. Perhaps a "My Group" only condition that would only check on your group, then you could use:

Name: Mana Tide Totem
Conditions: Missing, My Group

Does that sound nice to you?
A "my group" condition is exactly what I meant. Thank you for catching that Cladhaire.

The Shaman could easily add all the totems they use, and toggle the buffs they want to use for the current fight. Sometimes Grace of Air, sometimes Tranquil Air, etc. It would be extremely useful for totem managment. Totems are usually the first thing to go when mobs spawn adds (Firelords/Anub), or when tanks miss an Ony or Nef fear (totems are immune to fear, thus they get thwacked first.)

In the future, can you please post requests like this as seperate items on googlecode so they don't get lost? Thanks! I've posted these ones, so I can remember them.
Sure thing.

...where do I go to do that?
01-04-07, 01:29 PM   #107
Nahamnessa
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
But not one for only his group, which is a great suggestion for another condition =)
Ahhhh! I see what he meant. Yes, that is quite brilliant! Will work nicely for Paladin Aura's and Shaman Totems
01-04-07, 01:40 PM   #108
Kesshi
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Linny
Well the buff/debuff editor is nice and all, but how do I distinguish between "Gift of the Wild" and "Mark of the Wild". It's essentially the same buff with the only difference that one lasts 60 minutes and the other 30.
I know this isn't the most perfect answer, but I believe this will work:

Delete the Group Buff for Mark of the Wild, and add a new "Gift of the Wild" buff. Then make the letters different (GW) or make the color different (bold/brighter maybe?)

That may give you the end result you desire with some configuration.
01-04-07, 02:44 PM   #109
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
I know this isn't the most perfect answer, but I believe this will work:

Delete the Group Buff for Mark of the Wild, and add a new "Gift of the Wild" buff. Then make the letters different (GW) or make the color different (bold/brighter maybe?)

That may give you the end result you desire with some configuration.
I don't think they were asking how to make it different... they were asking how to make them roll into one, which I already explained, unless I read it wrong.
01-04-07, 02:44 PM   #110
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
...where do I go to do that?
http://code.google.com/p/wow-perfectraid/issues/list
01-04-07, 04:10 PM   #111
Itania
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
have you planned to had the low mana indicator like in the old praid?
As we don't see the mana bar, it was useful for some dispell task and for the druid's innervate
01-04-07, 04:51 PM   #112
Gamefaq
A Defias Bandit
Hi clad, i attached here the dedE Translation we talked at irc.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Localization.deDE.zip (1.5 KB, 544 views)
01-04-07, 04:52 PM   #113
bacon
A Murloc Raider
1. Not entirely true. You are correct that the aggro indicator will not fade unless the health updates, but you can check the code yourself, when a unit gains aggro for the first time, I force a health update, to update their aggro check. This should work fine, but please post a bug report on the googlecode page, as there are some changes I can make to make this more reliable. It won't get fixed if you don't post it there =)
Will do

2. Why can't you download a HoT timer that is specifically designed to track these sorts of things? I have no plans to put this in the PerfectRaid core, because its literally an entire seperate addon.
So here's the situation: you have multiple tanks (or folks thinking they are tanks) taking damage over a long period of time. You want to make sure that your renew is on them. Sure you could use a HoT timer mod, scan it and figure out who's missing then throw renews up on your targets if they need them. But wouldn't it be 100x easier for perfectraid to show you which targets have *your* renew on them so you can throw renews on targets that don't? Basically what I'm looking for is the functionality of GridStatusHots.

In my opinion, with the new HoT mechanics in WOW 2.0 this is a serious problem. I don't care if this isn't a core function of perfectraid (though I truly believe every healer with a HoT would greatly benefit from it), but I really need this functionality and I think many folks would agree. If there's a way to add the functionality in similar to the way GridStatusHots does for grid, I'd be just as happy.
01-04-07, 05:30 PM   #114
garnerh42
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Itania
As we don't see the mana bar, it was useful for some dispell task and for the druid's innervate
Not sure why it's hidden, but if you look for these lines in PerfectRaid.lua:

button.manabar = bar
bar:Hide()

just delete or comment out the line that says bar:Hide() and you'll have your mana bar back.
01-04-07, 05:53 PM   #115
Ceph
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Gamefaq's file will not work, most likely - he used the special german characters of ä, ö, ü, ß instead of escape-codes...
01-04-07, 06:14 PM   #116
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Itania
You can display the mana bar. i don't have plans for it at the moment, but I could probably add it back in.
01-04-07, 07:42 PM   #117
jmills
A Kobold Labourer
Is it at all possible to set up Power Word: Shield and Weakened Soul to be like they were in the old version (Starts out one color, changes when PWS wears off)?

Oh, and the fact that it shows stacking renews is just awesome.
01-04-07, 07:45 PM   #118
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Hrm.. you can set that up yourself.
01-04-07, 11:01 PM   #119
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
This isn't an update, but the following zip contains a re-skinned GUI, and deDE localisation, if you need/want it.

http://dump.brokendreams.net/files/P...-0.2.1-PRE.zip

There will be bugs, thats' why its not being posted on the site, yet.

Last edited by Cladhaire : 01-05-07 at 08:05 AM.
01-05-07, 01:40 AM   #120
Kesshi
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Cladhaire,

Let me just say how wonderful of a utility Perfect Raid is for me. I was able to configure it to display a great big red WW next to the person or persons who were Web Wrapped durring the Maexxna fight. Not only that, the GUI is so user friendly that I was able to set it up IN THE MIDDLE OF COMBAT.

During the fight I got the exact text of the debuff (Web Wrap) and put that into a newly created Buff/Debuff condition, checked "all" setup the display to WW and changed the color to bright red all in under 15 seconds.

I am very impressed with Perfect Raid. Thank you so very much for this wonderful easy to use and more importantly easy to customize add-on! PerfectRaid is, by far, the best add-on I've ever used.

Attached is the easy-to-make Web Wrap warning for anyone interested.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	webwrap.jpg
Views:	739
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	977  

Last edited by Kesshi : 01-05-07 at 01:43 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Cladhaire's Mods » PerfectRaid 2.0 Discussion/Help