A Black Drake
<-- I'm with stupid

12-02-10, 04:28 PM   #42
tehdeceiver
A Kobold Labourer
List of things I have done.

Exactly in that order.

1. Imported the nodes.
2. Pressed "Show mining" on the minimap.
3. Did not see any nodes.
4. Reloaded the UI.
5. Did not see any nodes.

Any ideas?

12-02-10, 04:56 PM   #43
Taabissa
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Unless I am mistaken (which I could be) the node data was removed due to the new patch and the whole shattering thing. Hopefully the locations get remapped soon and reupped into the addon

12-02-10, 05:01 PM   #44
Haavok
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You are correct. Most of the herb & mineral node locations changed with the last major patch and were removed. We are rebuilding these and they will be repopulated soon.

12-06-10, 09:14 PM   #45
argetlam_mayonaka
A Murloc Raider
Hopefully really soon. Sadly though, I know it takes time to build a DB that large. You and your team are doing a helluva job though.

12-11-10, 09:11 AM   #46
packrat007
A Defias Bandit
Question i have used both the herb and mine database and they have worked wonderfully, however, i have a question. when you did add the nodes back did you delete the ones for eastern kingdom and kilamadar? i rarely see any on the map but when i go working on getting low level stuff i find them all to add to the data base.

my other question cause im not sure i saw this, if you have gather can you import the data it has gained into carbonite?

on a side note this addon is very great and i have gotten rid of a lot of other useless ones since this has more or less combined them into one. you have done an excellent job on this.

12-15-10, 02:11 AM   #47
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

All Kalimdor and EK nodes were deleted from CarboniteNodes. Your nodes don't go anywhere. CarboniteNodes gets added to what you have when importing. When the files are submitted to us, I add the user nodes back into CarboniteNodes.

12-15-10, 04:46 PM   #48
argetlam_mayonaka
A Murloc Raider
So yea, I've done a little bit of mining in the old world and nodes has worked quite well. Was wondering how I could go about getting the data to you so that you can add it to the next release?

12-17-10, 09:55 PM   #49
Stonedog
A Defias Bandit
Where did they go George?

You folks have a huge amount of work ahead of you. I will help by sending you my data weekly here, but I have a question about the way Carbonite works on ore nodes that are newly found.

My question is how do I get them to show up once I find them on my client so I can at least head to the ones I've already discovered for farming?

I have the Show Ore checked, and in Outland/Northrend I have no problem seeing the nodes already loaded...

Thanks, and keep up the good fight!

12-18-10, 01:10 PM   #50
Rollie01
A Kobold Labourer
In all likelyhood you were trying to track herbs released with cataclysm. None of the new herbs had icons/data in Carbonite to represent them at the time. Im sure this problem is solved since the release of Carbonite 4.032 where support for the new nodes was added.

12-18-10, 07:42 PM   #51
dreamcatcher
A Black Drake

I downloaded the newest version of carbonite and I'm not seeing any of the cata herbalism or mining nods. I did the import for both to and still nothing. Any help would be great thank you.

12-18-10, 09:04 PM   #52
Stonedog
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Rollie01 View Post
In all likelyhood you were trying to track herbs released with cataclysm. None of the new herbs had icons/data in Carbonite to represent them at the time. Im sure this problem is solved since the release of Carbonite 4.032 where support for the new nodes was added.
So, the reason I'm not seeing the nodes that I am finding myself is because 4.031(the version I am using) simply does not know what they are and has no way to represent the new ore types...makes total sense. I don't know what the authors are adding or what their priority is with all the new content coming screaming at us.

I'll upgrade to 4.032 and see how it goes.

Originally Posted by dreamcatcher View Post
I downloaded the newest version of carbonite and I'm not seeing any of the cata herbalism or mining nods. I did the import for both to and still nothing. Any help would be great thank you.
The reason you are not getting anything from the databases is because they are empty. That has been said in previous threads...the population of the resource databases is a fairly low priority considering all the quest data that needs to be added for basically the entire game.

The only areas that don't require much more to them is Outlands and likely most of Northrend. Previous expansions left the world as it was and just added new areas, Cataclysm changed most of the whole world.

Peace

*edit to fix quote block*

Last edited by Stonedog : 12-19-10 at 09:30 AM.

12-19-10, 12:16 PM   #53
drowwolf
A Kobold Labourer
hello i am new to your addon

I used your addon last week no issues me and others downloaded the newest version yesterday and it was infected with a worm that killed my boot sectors of my hard drives just wanted to give you the headsupp I realize your product is free with donations if liked
take care

12-19-10, 10:05 PM   #54
Kathan
An Aku'mai Servant
I doubt that. I've been using every single version released for the last two weeks and have had no problems.

Come to think of it, that post looks bot-like.

12-20-10, 06:52 PM   #55
Chmee
A Molten Giant
It was certainly crafted by someone who is unfamiliar with punctuation.

12-25-10, 07:38 AM   #56
Wyldhunt
A Fallenroot Satyr
Heh... Yeah.
I can confirm that there is not, nor has there ever been, any 'worm' or virus in Carbonite.
It can, however, cause severe sleep deprivation and extreme addiction to WoW.

Be warned. :P

12-27-10, 10:11 AM   #57
adracamas
A Fallenroot Satyr

lol

Originally Posted by drowwolf View Post
I used your addon last week no issues me and others downloaded the newest version yesterday and it was infected with a worm that killed my boot sectors of my hard drives just wanted to give you the headsupp I realize your product is free with donations if liked
take care
No, you can't get a 'worm' from this add-on. You need to stay away from "auto-mining" or 'mining-bots' Get your facts straight.

12-31-10, 02:18 AM   #58
Borretje
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
At this moment I am flying around in MH and DeepHolm on my hippy priest to collect herbs and that way I found a lot of nodes.
Is there a simple way for me to extract those nodes out of the DB and get them to you?
I think a lot of people will love to get them as well.

1 minus point I discover.
Some nodes are only visible after you get to some special quests done and not before due to the fase shifting stuff.

12-31-10, 07:34 AM   #59
Wyldhunt
A Fallenroot Satyr
To everyone asking how to submit your gathered nodes and info, please refer to this sticky in the Database/Quests forum:
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=21607

01-08-11, 05:29 PM   #60
Kogane
A Defias Bandit
How do I get the minimap to show the gathering flashing icon over my character location instead of in the upper left hand corner of the minimap?

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite Nodes, Routing, and You