10-02-12, 07:31 AM   #1
ccell
A Murloc Raider
Cool Map downgrade?

using carbonite add-on when they add a new expansion to wow is there a way to downgrade the add-on so all you have is the mini map and world map showing the quest and disable the quest tracking and let wow track the quest for you until the new carbonite add-on is release not having to completely disable the add-on?

If not would be a cool feature to add.

lol love the dancing banana cool if you could replace your location on the map with a dancing banana or other mini animate gifs.

Thank You

10-02-12, 07:56 AM   #2
tinyu
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
not as it stands now, your going to have to put up with how Carbontie works for now until Rythal can work his magic.

10-02-12, 08:56 AM   #3
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Actually, if you install the latest release (5.051) you can get most of the quests in the Pandarian starting area to show on Carbonites map by making sure that you have the "Quest POI" tracking activated in the default tracking utility provided by Blizzard. Just click on the magnifying glass minimap icon, and check "Quest POI" in the list.

One caveat to that, though, is that the "go see this person for your next quest" type of quests won't show up. I have absolutely no idea why. Perhaps it is because I am not doing something correctly.

Also, please be aware that the "bread crumb" quests that give you the "Click the "?" to complete quest" message in the Quest Watch window occasionally do not work correctly with the current Carbonite. The "?" you are supposed to click on sometimes doesn't show up in Carbonite. The message is there, just not the click-able "?". The work-around for that is to open the default quest log (alt + L) and press the "Complete" button on the bottom.

Rythal is working on the glitches, and improving how Carbonite is currently operating, as fast as he possibly can. Please, let's all be be patient.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

10-03-12, 05:22 AM   #4
Goranth
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
Also, please be aware that the "bread crumb" quests that give you the "Click the "?" to complete quest" message in the Quest Watch window occasionally do not work correctly with the current Carbonite. The "?" you are supposed to click on sometimes doesn't show up in Carbonite. The message is there, just not the click-able "?". The work-around for that is to open the default quest log (alt + L) and press the "Complete" button on the bottom.
Its odd that this issue has come back up. Mine has been working great and has been since the original devs fixed it in Cata. I was so pissed when I got my first such quest (I think it was stonecore) and I did like 2-3 runs before I shut down Carb to complete the quest run as well LOL. I do have issues where it randomly doesn't show an objective or completion point & I have to Alt+M or Enable POI's but this is already known.

10-03-12, 08:49 PM   #5
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Goranth View Post
Its odd that this issue has come back up. Mine has been working great and has been since the original devs fixed it in Cata. I was so pissed when I got my first such quest (I think it was stonecore) and I did like 2-3 runs before I shut down Carb to complete the quest run as well LOL. I do have issues where it randomly doesn't show an objective or completion point & I have to Alt+M or Enable POI's but this is already known.
Just to clear up what is probably a misunderstanding on my part: I would like to reiterate that I don't "shut down Carb" to complete those type ("bread crumb") of quests to complete them. I simply press "alt + L" to open the default quest log and complete the quest there. That is, I believe, a default key bind when Carbonite is installed. Unless, of course, you re-bind it to something else.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

10-04-12, 04:31 PM   #6
Goranth
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
Just to clear up what is probably a misunderstanding on my part: I would like to reiterate that I don't "shut down Carb" to complete those type ("bread crumb") of quests to complete them. I simply press "alt + L" to open the default quest log and complete the quest there. That is, I believe, a default key bind when Carbonite is installed. Unless, of course, you re-bind it to something else.
Yeah sorry I meant at the time I literally had to disable Carbonite to access the ? until they fixed it back then. Alt+L or Alt+M is always a handy backup when something isn't workin

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Map downgrade?