05-22-07, 02:22 AM   #1
lothlann
An Aku'mai Servant
Mazzlefizz and Patch 2.1

I have been seeing mentions of it not working after the patch is released, can anyone confirm this so i can try and get some replacements until an update is made, i dunno if i can cope without mazzlefizz

Thanks

05-22-07, 08:34 AM   #2
Neroon
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

When I 1st tried with my current set of mods (Mazzke and a few of my own) it wnet bonkers on me. I then loaded just a stock Mazzle from the last release and it loaded just fine -- so, something I changed hosed it up. The question of the day will be what caused the problem. How fast I determine that will tell me how fast I get to raid tonight

05-22-07, 08:42 AM   #3
VincentSDSH
Non-Canadian Luzer!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Odd, I ran a stock mazzle on test and it did nothing but throw violation errors one mod after another like there was some common library issue.

Your best bet is to always have a backup plan come patch day. MazzleUI may be pretty but like any large compilation that's over-integrated it only takes a minor problem to sink the ship.

05-22-07, 09:34 AM   #4
Triseult
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I feel a bit dirty asking this here on Mazzle's own Forum, but... In the event that MazzleUI doesn't run on 2.1, and knowing that Mazzle has minimal interest in keeping it up-to-date, are there regularly-updated mod packages out there anyone'd recommend?

I love MazzleUI because it's integrated, and the layout philosophy (heavy at the bottom, light at the top) is very pleasant... I really wish I could keep it, but the fact that it's not even up to 2.0 worries me about its future.

05-22-07, 10:10 AM   #5
VincentSDSH
Non-Canadian Luzer!

You don't need someone else to keep your compilation going for you, just use the mods you like and dump what you don't.

For instance, you can use eePanels to setup a space for the bottom look-and-feel; prat to manage your chat windows and such; bongos won't be quite the same but you can get pretty close; simpleminimap to square and position the map; autobar/tradedispenser/etc all of those you can get on your own and at the level you need them.

You lose cute tricks like the hotspots and the mazzleUI hud and some other easy things but you can get quite close, prolly even decrease your load time a bit too.

05-22-07, 10:17 AM   #6
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Or you guys could stop starting thread after thread on this topic, and just wait until people log in and try things out. It's not a calamity that requires multiple contingency plants and an early warning system. It's just a patch, like the umpteen million before it.

From what I've read, it doesn't even look like a particularly difficult patch. If anything, it looks it one that will facilitate many, many things that were very difficult before.

05-22-07, 11:18 AM   #7
Auralei
A Cyclonian

My advice to the person who asked, is to just go to the downloads link at the top of your page, and go to Compliations and Suites. There are a crap ton of nice, well planned packages to be had out there. You could create your own as well.

Nice to know that Mazzle is still a nice, hot, dripping cup of steamy attitude, as always.....

05-22-07, 11:31 AM   #8
PathMaster
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Auralei
Nice to know that Mazzle is still a nice, hot, dripping cup of steamy attitude, as always.....
Honestly, the same can be said for your attitude. ;-)

05-22-07, 11:36 AM   #9
Auralei
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by PathMaster
Honestly, the same can be said for your attitude. ;-)

Probably, but then again, I'm not the author of a compliation that 100s of people use, treating them like the dirt on their shoe, either. It's typical. But, if my teenaged sons acted like that to the people that used something they put together, just for asking questions, I'd sure as heck whoop their rear ends.

Good day.

05-22-07, 11:52 AM   #10
Therok
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Auralei
But, if my teenaged sons acted like that to the people that used something they put together, just for asking questions, I'd sure as heck whoop their rear ends.

Good day.
Where'd you get that wonderful sense of entitlement? You use something he created, hence he owes YOU respect and manners?

I released an album worldwide last year. Do I owe some kind of humilty, gratitude, and respect to each and every person who bought it? I find that pretty interesting, since almost every song on the album is about hatred of those very same people. Sometimes, people create for THEMSELVES, and release as a consideration. In mazzle's case, I think it's a consideration most don't deserve.

Meanwhile, you go back to whooping your kids' rear ends. I'm sure that your intelligent parenting methods are going to be hugely successful. Teach them that when people do something you don't like, hit them... right? Of course, when they're not teens anymore, you risk that valuable lesson you gave them earning them a "whooping" from someone a lot less kind than yourself. Like myself, perhaps.

As for the original question, many errors after patch can be solved simply by making sure to click the "use outdated addons" button. After that, it's most likely only a matter of days before people start posting updates to broken addons, or workarounds to existing ones.

And I give that answer because I'm a swell guy, not because you're entitled to it. Remember that.

05-22-07, 11:58 AM   #11
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
All right guys, that's enough. Everyone take a step back and chill out. You all know well enough by now that these sorts of attitudes aren't tolerated on this site.

If you think I may be talking to you, you are probably right. If you don't see how anything you said could upset me, then it probably isn't directed at you, so just disregard.

Play nice.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti

05-22-07, 12:24 PM   #12
blahism
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I've been pretty consistently running wowace to keep my mazzlefizz updated and have no problems running 2.1 as of right now. (30 minutes of playing)

i'll post in the bug thread if i come across anything.

05-22-07, 12:34 PM   #13
Raskol
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
What do you mean by 'using wowace to keep mazzlefizz updated?' I thought wowace was a wiki; do you mean you've just been manually watching each individual mod there and updating them as needed?

05-22-07, 12:36 PM   #14
Geboran
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
Originally Posted by Raskol
What do you mean by 'using wowace to keep mazzlefizz updated?' I thought wowace was a wiki; do you mean you've just been manually watching each individual mod there and updating them as needed?
Talk about tedious.

No... there is a link to the WoWAceUpdater program that you can download (from a different site) that will allow you to update any "Ace" addons from WoWAce with only a few mouseclicks.

It's pretty slick, actually.
Stormreaver (US), Alliance

05-22-07, 12:41 PM   #15
Raskol
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Geboran
Talk about tedious.

No... there is a link to the WoWAceUpdater program that you can download (from a different site) that will allow you to update any "Ace" addons from WoWAce with only a few mouseclicks.

It's pretty slick, actually.

That is absolutely slick. Thanks!

05-22-07, 01:04 PM   #16
celebros
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I logged in just a few minutes ago, and it was like mazzleui barfed it's intestines all over my screen. But I did manage to get a useful popup that said that AceEvent-2.0 needed to updated or get and update of the standalone Ace2 from wowace.com/files (I did the later), I logged back in and mazzleui had recovered significantly. It seems autobar is still broken, I know Mazzlefizz heavily modified autobar so I am reluctant to update it unless others of you have done so in the past and had ok results. sRaidframes was reporting an error as well, I believe but aside from those few after I updated Ace2, most everything seems to be hunky dory.

05-22-07, 01:52 PM   #17
VincentSDSH
Non-Canadian Luzer!

Originally Posted by Therok
Where'd you get that wonderful sense of entitlement? You use something he created, hence he owes YOU respect and manners?
As one human being to another, uh, yeah.

Originally Posted by Therok
I released an album worldwide last year. Do I owe some kind of humilty, gratitude, and respect to each and every person who bought it?
If you have any amount of character, you do.

The mods I author are done b/c I want to do them and I provide them for others to use if they wish. I'm on occasion maligned or given grief. I'm humbled that people enjoy my work and for those who enjoy it I'm grateful because it increases my joy in writing them; however, I at least attempt to remain respectful as I wish to be a descent human being and have no need to alienate those who disagree in large part let alone those who disagree in small part: after all, it's rare that people are happy with everything all the time. Mazzle wants massive praise for the work and gets unhappy at not getting it and oversteps his bounds as an author in the mod arena, thus folks like myself who would erstwhile be supportive of him...aren't.

MazzleUI for me is a half-score at best. While it has some things I'm in deep love with or were put together in a way that I actually liked for the first time ever, it has just as many I have no use for or desire to have or want to work differently. Now in that, it is a damned fine half-score, to be sure, even if it requires I do a lot of work to put it where I want it to be.

However, instead of getting folks like me on his side by saying "glad you like what you like but if you mod one like if code, don't expect me to support it, momma didn't raise no fool" the derisive attitude he employs makes MazzleUI something I can't recommend -- hell, I barely come here except when someone links me a URL or it happens to show on the threads list on the main page. And more is the pity because it's fairly nice UI, all things considered, and fairly well setup for newbies to the mod arena.

05-22-07, 01:53 PM   #18
jts0385
A Defias Bandit
I as well logged in not terribly long ago and was greeted with essentially nothing as it used to be. Typing /mazzify resulted in nothing. As I'm not sure where to even begin to try and sort this problem out I'm asking those reading to post suggestions on things to try to get the UI back to the way it had been. I have read the comments thus far, but haven't found enough to try much of anything.

Thanks!

05-22-07, 01:55 PM   #19
VincentSDSH
Non-Canadian Luzer!

Originally Posted by celebros
It seems autobar is still broken, I know Mazzlefizz heavily modified autobar so I am reluctant to update it unless others of you have done so in the past and had ok results. sRaidframes was reporting an error as well, I believe but aside from those few after I updated Ace2, most everything seems to be hunky dory.
Someone in another thread said that they had to replace autobar with the toadkiller version (avail here I think and on curse) and all was well. I can't tell what was modded in the MazzleUI version and can't recall any issues in updating it.

05-22-07, 02:02 PM   #20
celebros
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Your problem sounds a lot like mine, I would suggest updating the Ace2 library.
Goto http://files.wowace.com, and download the package 'Ace2'. Then remove the Ace2 in your Addons folder and replace it with the one you've downloaded. That solved 95% of my problems, haven't tackled the others yet though.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Mazzlefizz and Patch 2.1