01-01-07, 07:16 AM   #1
Curly
A Kobold Labourer
Pet Raid Frames

For a very long time it was convenient for raid healers to ignore pets. However, with the significant improvements to hunter pets and the addition of Felguards, the loss of a pet in a 25 player raid should be avoided whenever possible.

Currently, no mod that I have found allows healers to monitor the status of pets in other parties. Hopefully this challenge will soon be met by skilled mod developers, and eventually incorporated into the most popular mod suites such as Titan, CT, and ORA2.
01-01-07, 10:58 AM   #2
Auralei
A Cyclonian

If it does change, and one of the raid frame mods offer it, I hope it's toggleable on and off. As a hunter and a druid, there's no way i'd concentrate any mana on anyone's pet. Locks and Hunters both have ways they can heal their own pets and should be doing exactly that, if the pet is THAT important. Clearly, raid frames take up WAY too much space on a healer's screen to even warrant adding, potentially, 5 -10 extra raid frames IMO. And the party addons(Xperl, Perl Classic, AG_UF) already offer pet frames, just not on the raid frames. Healer's already have, usually, enough to worry about healing PLAYERS, and IMO don't need to be wasting mana on pets, but this is another arguement, totally.

So, if anyone is planning on adding these, please allow them to be disabled or toggled off.
06-27-07, 05:30 PM   #3
*Cirque*
A Kobold Labourer
I've just gone through this myself, I love the concept of Grid and spent alot of time getting it just how I wanted it...only to realize that pets are not included. I can download another unit frame program, but I've tried several and haven't been able to isolate a 'pet only' frame without getting everything else with it.

Healbot gives you the option to include pets in your raid frame...it doesn't allow macro casting like Clique does, but for now I'm sticking with it because it does support pets.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Pet Raid Frames