01-22-08, 08:20 PM   #41
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Sepioth View Post
I'm with you there. Although this new look is not too bad I miss the more vibrant look from before. This is just too ...blahhh.. for me. Grey and gloomy
Check out the "light" version. Scroll to the bottom of the page, you'll see a dropdown box on the left side of the screen. You can choose WoWI Dark or WoWI Light. You might like Light.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
01-22-08, 11:16 PM   #42
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
Check out the "light" version. Scroll to the bottom of the page, you'll see a dropdown box on the left side of the screen. You can choose WoWI Dark or WoWI Light. You might like Light.
Your right .. I do like it better :P

Any more "themes" coming

Also the logo in the top left corner just seems too small to me ... .. it gets overpowered by the ads :P
01-22-08, 11:18 PM   #43
Ahm
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by RaeVanMorlock View Post
I'm loving the new layout.. not at all difficult to adjust to. However, the Light/Dark skins are a bit counter-productive.. what are people to do about posting with font colors? For instance, my addon uses color to separate sections and make things easier to read and find... the colors are all light so that it looks great in the dark skin, but it looks horrible and is hard to read in the light skin.

Also, granted, I'd likely set the skin once and leave it, but why is it only accessible from certain pages? Especially with the above problem, it'd be nice to have the option to switch skins on addon pages so we can see things in both lights.

I wanted to be annoying and repost that since nobody replied to it.. thought maybe you missed it

Also, when commenting on an addon, the "File Comment Review" section is displaying the oldest comments first instead of the newest.
01-23-08, 12:19 AM   #44
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
I wanted to be annoying and repost that since nobody replied to it.. thought maybe you missed it
Sorry, you fail, not annoying.

Didn't miss it, just discussing it in the staff forum, trying to figure out how to deal with it.

Also, when commenting on an addon, the "File Comment Review" section is displaying the oldest comments first instead of the newest.
Noted, thanks.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
01-23-08, 12:56 AM   #45
Tekkub
A Molten Giant

BTW "light" reminds me of that *other* site
/whine

I was expecting reverse greys, you know "bright happy" grey, not "dark depressing" grey that these people don't seem to like.
01-23-08, 05:50 AM   #46
Slakah
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Tekkub View Post
BTW "light" reminds me of that *other* site
/whine

I was expecting reverse greys, you know "bright happy" grey, not "dark depressing" grey that these people don't seem to like.
Actually that would look pretty hawt.

One problem I've encountered is the background alpha of the tooltips when hovering over the new and updated section seems to be very low, and when placed over the news text it makes it difficult to read.

I'm also liking editing your posts inline with the thread. Very funky.
01-23-08, 07:38 AM   #47
Kjiara
A Fallenroot Satyr
I like the new skin, it seems that now it load faster on my lame laptop ^^ also like the little bit darker skin, not so flashy at morning xP

mfg.
Kji
01-23-08, 09:38 AM   #48
Thunder12
An Aku'mai Servant

tekkub is right, give reverse greys
01-23-08, 10:28 AM   #49
Ahm
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
Sorry, you fail, not annoying.

Didn't miss it, just discussing it in the staff forum, trying to figure out how to deal with it.

Well thank ya. I hope you guys can think of something--I've been a bit stumped. I was thinking to just invert the colors.. black would become white.. but then bright blue (0000FF) would become bright yellow (FFFF00) so neither would look good on a light theme. And that obviously wouldn't work if you added more themes down the road.
Then I was thinking of a pseudo-CSS approach, but that gets messy in BBCode trying to specify which theme a set of styles would be used for.
In any event, make sure whatever you decide on will also work for comments... I know some authors, like the person that does Valuation, use a specific color for their comments so they stand out from those of their visitors'.

On another note...

I noticed one other problem, one thing I've been wanting to see added for awhile now, and something that's sort of a combination problem/request.

The problem: The "Switch Editor Mode" button in the top-right corner of the addon's edit pane doesn't seem to work. It works fine here in forum comments though.

The request: Would it be possible to have Preview buttons for the addons' edit pages--similar to how these comment pages have a "Preview Post" button. I know that when I first made the page for my ShowItemPrice addon, I had to submit it like two dozen times trying to find a nice color scheme and layout... and many of the interim changes weren't suitable for public viewing... but there was no other way to see how things would look.
I suppose the issue is slightly less pressing now with the two different edit modes, but I've always preferred to work with the BBCode rather than the toolbar up there... and I'd need to work with it in order to make sure everything is using the same colors (and to set those colors since the toolbar only supports its own predefined list of choices).

The other thing: I just went in to my addon's page to add a note in the description section to say that I didn't plan on updating the addon any more. Of course this then prompts the system to bump it up to the top of the list with a nice big "Updated" message... kinda silly, right? Personally, I think that effect should only happen when new files are uploaded... not when a small change (perhaps even just a typo correction) is made. To help with sorting, perhaps a new field could be added that tracks when the files were last updated in addition to when the description was last modified and the file update date could be the new default sort method. Or, if nothing else, perhaps create a checkbox that authors could mark prior to hitting the save button to say that they're not actually updating anything and don't need to be bumped to the top of the list.

So am I getting annoying yet?
01-23-08, 10:43 AM   #50
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
So am I getting annoying yet?
Nope. Do you want to be?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-23-08, 10:57 AM   #51
xilosen
A Defias Bandit
Suggestion, a mandatory field for supported resolutions should be added to compilations and suites. It's such a pain in the ass trying to sift through UIs only to find out it doesn't support your resolution.
01-23-08, 11:06 AM   #52
Ahm
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Nope. Do you want to be?
Maybe. Sometimes...

Originally Posted by xilosen View Post
Suggestion, a mandatory field for supported resolutions should be added to compilations and suites. It's such a pain in the ass trying to sift through UIs only to find out it doesn't support your resolution.

That's always bugged me too -- but I don't bother with compilations. Still, they should just learn how to make it work for any resolution (or at least a number of common resolutions). Mazzifier FTW!

BTW, I'm ecstatic to see that the multi-quote works across pages. I was prepared to have to submit another bug report.
01-23-08, 04:41 PM   #53
tecu
An Aku'mai Servant
I don't know if this has been mentioned (I scanned the thread, but did not see it), but there's something weird with the 'Addon Info' tabs.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2rykeom&s=3

The other tabs, when selected, display their contents flush with the left side, but the info tab has that big empty space. I see this with firefox/2.0.0.6 (Gecko/20071008), so it may just be that I need to upgrade.
01-23-08, 04:49 PM   #54
Ahm
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by tecu View Post
I don't know if this has been mentioned (I scanned the thread, but did not see it), but there's something weird with the 'Addon Info' tabs.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2rykeom&s=3

The other tabs, when selected, display their contents flush with the left side, but the info tab has that big empty space. I see this with firefox/2.0.0.6 (Gecko/20071008), so it may just be that I need to upgrade.
I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.11 and the page looks fine here! Peculiar though that such a small version change would fix such a big problem... hopefully it will though. Go upgrade!

Last edited by Ahm : 01-23-08 at 05:07 PM.
01-23-08, 05:04 PM   #55
tecu
An Aku'mai Servant
I still see this with 2.0.0.11, actually. I'll go see how it looks on windows, maybe I'm using an old library or something.
01-23-08, 05:46 PM   #56
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by tecu View Post
I still see this with 2.0.0.11, actually. I'll go see how it looks on windows, maybe I'm using an old library or something.
I could only reproduce that problem on my iphone. I use Firefox 2.0.0.11 as well and tabs show fine. I have fixed it on my iphone has it been fixed for you?
01-23-08, 06:24 PM   #57
tecu
An Aku'mai Servant
Dunno what the deal is, but it doesn't seem to be on your end. I tried it on windows (fine), tried it on my gentoo laptop (fine), but my lolubuntu desktop (no extensions, cleared the cache, updated everything, etc) doesn't like it. Just ignore me I guess
01-23-08, 06:38 PM   #58
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Sorry try again, i was able to reproduce the problem every time by slowing down my connection speed. The java wasn't spitting out the css fast enough. I think its fixed now. The reason why it was working on my iphone was i was getting wifi... switched to EDGE and it messed up the page every time.
01-23-08, 06:48 PM   #59
Hoern
Not THAT kind of Orc

Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
I could only reproduce that problem on my iphone. I use Firefox 2.0.0.11 as well and tabs show fine. I have fixed it on my iphone has it been fixed for you?
In Gecko renderers past Nov 2007 SVN (Latest 2.x and 3.x) as well as WebKit past the r22065 (that'd be 1.1.3 iPhone, WebKit Apps, and the embedded WebKit for Apple Apps since the last update) tabs and infospace share one pixel height, which pushes the infospace to the right:

http://skitch.com/jluster/fgaq/wowin...-showitemprice

you should be able to fix this with a 1px spacer div or by moving infospace one down.
01-23-08, 07:00 PM   #60
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Hoern View Post
In Gecko renderers past Nov 2007 SVN (Latest 2.x and 3.x) as well as WebKit past the r22065 (that'd be 1.1.3 iPhone, WebKit Apps, and the embedded WebKit for Apple Apps since the last update) tabs and infospace share one pixel height, which pushes the infospace to the right:

http://skitch.com/jluster/fgaq/wowin...-showitemprice

you should be able to fix this with a 1px spacer div or by moving infospace one down.
I havent fixed it on the light template yet... gimme a minute

edit: should be fixed on the light template too.

Last edited by Dolby : 01-23-08 at 07:12 PM.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » New Site Layout feedback