04-29-10, 03:14 PM   #1
Victimize
A Murloc Raider
How to make my own frames?

I've used oUF for a while, and I've always wanted to make my own frames. Could someone point me to a guide of some sort on how to make a set of simple frames to get me started?
04-30-10, 12:35 AM   #2
Mokane
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Victimize View Post
I've used oUF for a while, and I've always wanted to make my own frames. Could someone point me to a guide of some sort on how to make a set of simple frames to get me started?
Honestly, outside of looking at a layout that you like the looks of and then seeing how the author chose to implement features there isn't much for actual documentation of features.

Each oUF element has it's own literature inside the lua files for them and each plugin further adds to it with their own code.

On a side note to this, I've been working on a sort of layout designer for oUF. Basically it's an oUF layout that has in game configs to allow for size changes and location of frame changes. It's still missing a lot of features but you're welcome to take a peak if you'd like.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...MokFrames.html

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » oUF (Otravi Unit Frames) » How to make my own frames?