09-18-21, 04:25 AM   #1
xanaki
A Murloc Raider

Cool Hunter pet bar suddenly stopped appearing

Holahola!

Not sure if this is the right forum to post this. But I'll start from here.

Few days ago I started a new hunter. I was using ElvUI (latest version), everything was working fine, I got all set up and everything was cozy and funky.

Then, bam, suddenly the pet action bar (pet UI) disappeared. ElvUI started showing pet bar as empty placeholders. I was sure it was the pet bar as when I hid the pet bar in ElvUI settings that action bar disappeared. And I could not drag skills in to it.

I dismissed the pet, summoned back.

No help.

I tried to use a macro:
/script PetActionBarFrame:Show()

No help.

I disabled ALL addons, then deleted following folders from WoW installation directory:
Cache
Interface
WTF

No help.

Well, I deleted the whole WoW installation folder, I mean *everything* and did a fresh download/install.

No help.

Where is my pet action bar? am I blind? Pet skills do exist in the skillbook (pet tab).

I'll include a image how it looks. It has no addons installed at all, just plain wow after installation. I did full UI settings reset using Settings -> Interface -> Defaults. Then enabled the bars that are visible in the image.

https://imgur.com/xDrFUMO

So, can anyone help?
09-18-21, 05:52 AM   #2
xanaki
A Murloc Raider

I can temporarily solve this of course by making a new bar with these needed pet skills. But I'd like to get my pet bar back :P
09-18-21, 03:12 PM   #3
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Although I have no access to retail wow all I can think is that either pet bar is part of a Blizzard addon that can be unloaded, or perhaps there is a console variable that controls its appearance and ElvUI forced that to off/0 which disabling the addon wouldn't solve.

You could try using Advanced Interface Options's CVar browser to search for 'pet' and find any possible console settings.
09-19-21, 03:37 AM   #4
xanaki
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Dridzt View Post
You could try using Advanced Interface Options's CVar browser to search for 'pet' and find any possible console settings.
I've done a full clean reinstall by deleting WoW and reinstalling/downloading again. So there should not be any remnants of any CVars in there. So that's why this is a bit baffling for me.

I can manage tho. I just made a custom "pet bar" which has the necessary skills.

Would like to find out why...
09-19-21, 11:33 AM   #5
Kanegasi
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by xanaki View Post
I've done a full clean reinstall by deleting WoW and reinstalling/downloading again. So there should not be any remnants of any CVars in there. So that's why this is a bit baffling for me.
By default, your macros, keybinds, action bars, and cvars are all saved serverside. No matter how many times you reinstall, the game will restore them.

You can reset your cvars with the following command:

/console cvar_default

Then /reload immediately after.
09-19-21, 09:30 PM   #6
xanaki
A Murloc Raider

Okay, I'll test that. Thanks

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Hunter pet bar suddenly stopped appearing