10-16-08, 11:51 AM   #121
pwolfe
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Maul View Post
The FAQ knows all!

However, set right-click target to "Self". because of the nature of the macros, you will have to re-drag your spells to the button for them to re-write themselves with the new option. I am working on means to auto-update macros when these options change.
gah, dont know how I missed that! thanks for this badass mod!

10-16-08, 11:53 AM   #122
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Elloria View Post
I also miss the right click self cast option!

a small suggestion though: Could you make the animations on the options go just a little bit faster? I love them and i dont want you to get rid of them but if they were faster that would be even better!

loving macaroon right now ty so much!
Their animation speed is dependent on framerate. When you are getting good framerates, they go quite fast. I will see if I can add a modifier based on current framerate.

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]

10-16-08, 12:08 PM   #123
Pillgor
A Defias Bandit
Hoi,

me again. Just logged on my druid and wanted to set her bars and the buttons and run into a wall with your FAQ´s. I think its the same Problem Fancius had, the option of Stance ("Haltung" in German) doesn´t show up, language client is German.

Second think is the button icon of the spell for Faerie Fire (feral), it changes from the blizz style to a question mark, when i drag the icon from my spellbook onto the bar, don´t know why.

ciao
Pillgor

10-16-08, 01:23 PM   #124
Dragonsblaze
The Shadows Beckon...

Premium Member
Yeah... Really wanting a class bar. I just realized my auras on my paladin weren't there.

10-16-08, 01:36 PM   #125
kandikid
A Kobold Labourer
i miss trinity /sigh

10-16-08, 02:05 PM   #126
Jorox
A Kobold Labourer
I ran into a little problem with Macaroon. I was playing around with the Action IDs of my buttons; I right clicked a button on Bar 1 and set the Action ID to 1, then I clicked Apply and Done, then it changed all my other bars to look and function exactly like Bar 1. Does anyone know of a way to reset the ID's to default?

Thanks in advance,
-- Jorox

10-16-08, 02:21 PM   #127
firefiend
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by doomlizard View Post
evie - download and install the macaroon xtras - that will fix it

I've had to reload the ui for the char and bag bars to be editable. Don't know why.

Maul. LOVE THE NEW MOD! Blows Trinity out of the water and I thought Trinity was the best thing since the BLT sandwich.

Strange occurrence though, I went to put a simple macro directly on the button:

/cast Red Riding Nether Ray

the ? icon stayed a ? but other icon displayed correctly.

When to do the same with one of my wife's alt toons:

/cast Purple Elekk

It wouldn't work. The icon was grayed out and wouldn't cast. Both buttons were set to macro. ARe there any other setting that may conflict with this?

Also, one other problem I've noticed... After importing which worked marginally well on the two PC I've used it (still had to manually adjust and tweak some things but the brunt of it was done automatically) the Trinity Key bindinds remained and are funtional but do not display on the button.

The macro names display fine as well as item counts but not the key bindings.

Any ideas?

Thanks again for a great addon!

10-16-08, 02:33 PM   #128
Arcadian Del Sol
A Fallenroot Satyr
empty slot count?

Is there a way to code the pack buttons so that they display the number of empty slots per pack? I used to have another mod that did this (Inventory Hawk) but its not being updated and Im finding that it really helps me keep organized.

10-16-08, 02:51 PM   #129
crassy
A Murloc Raider
About the "Stored buttons". I seem to be able to drag stuff to them, they also have key bindings assigned (sometimes same bindings as my bar buttons?). Some of the stored buttons are also locked and i can't unlock them - left click dont work. Seems to be broken? Anyway, as I cant find any info how they SHOULD work its hard to tell if they DONT.

10-16-08, 03:52 PM   #130
Dwargh
A Theradrim Guardian

About trinity -> macaroon

I used trinity bars but for some reason i never got the 2.0 version.. until now.
Were there ever a way to migrate settings from TB1.0 to TB2.0 or is it/will it be possible to migrate directly from TB1.0 to Macaroon?

Best add on I ever came across.

10-16-08, 04:25 PM   #131
sp000n
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Hey, I was in on that undead push during Friends & Family Alpha. The game's come a long ways

Used Trinity for ages. Thanks also for Macaroon.

10-16-08, 04:30 PM   #132
dutorien
A Murloc Raider
I test the macaroon to the beta : I have a deathknight with the talent "Master of Ghouls" when I dead I'am automatically transform in ghouls, I want to know how a can show the skill of the ghouls.
I try to define a pagedBar : with the first page I define the skill of the dk (not dead) and I define the second page with all button with action id (1 to 10) because I can't define the skill of the ghouls because I don't have on my spellbook. And when I dead with the dk, that don't switch to pageBar 2 automatically and when I switch with the command to pagebar 2, I don't have the skill of the ghouls.

Could you please explain me how I can configure that.

Thx for advance.

Duto

10-16-08, 04:47 PM   #133
sohvan
A Murloc Raider
I'm cautiously liking the addon after having switched from trinitybars. I ran into a serious problem with using it though, and was wondering if you could help.

- If I try to keybind the key "§" (The key just left of "1" and above "TAB") to using some ability, it doesn't work. It'll show as binded in the "Current Binding(s)", but won't actually appear on the button. Neither does using the key trigger the ability. Any idea how I could get the keybinding to work? I have crucial abilities bound to it, so I'm unable to use it as long as the problem persists.

- I had another problem as well, though I solved it already. For some reason "Feral faerie fire" won't work if you set it up as a macro button. The tooltip of the button will correctly show feral faerie fire, but the button graphics is just a red questionmark. Using the button doesn't trigger the ability either. After I switched the button to action id instead of macro, it started working.

10-16-08, 04:56 PM   #134
dbick
A Defias Bandit
Does the "target" function of a bar work? I created a new bar and set its target to focus. The I added a heal spell from my book to that bar. Set a focus, and then cleared my target. Cast that spell from the bar and just got the glowy hand icon. Wasn't it supposed to cast that heal spell on my focus?

10-16-08, 05:49 PM   #135
retuch
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by retuch View Post
I'm playing a Hunter, I have a petbar setup and working, but i can't take abilities from my pet skills to my bars, example.. trained the pet and can't put heart of the phoenix on either the pet bar or any of the action bars

I made sure the button was set to Pet, i even added more buttons and changed them all to pets, i noticed that the pet commands started to repeat themselves (without adding any of them in myself)

The problem is that we only have 4 "special" buttons, i was hoping that we could add all of the special attacks to the button, carrion feeder, heart of the phoenix ..etc.. it just doesn't seem an upgrade to the normal pet bar, or i'm doing something horribly wrong, which is much more likely

10-16-08, 07:17 PM   #136
KenNashua
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Trying to decide between Macaroon and Dominos (former Bongos user). One of the things I really miss is the debuff indicator. When I cast Battle Shout, icon turns red to indicate that aura is already active so I'm not casing it again. Any way to get such a feature?

10-16-08, 07:24 PM   #137
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

@Pillgor - Try the new version I just uploaded, 22.8

@Dragonsblaze - It will most likely be coming in the Xtras package, but it is not a priority since it can be so easily made with a normal bar.

@kandikid - sorry

@Jorox - No current means to reset ID's. If you want to have this feature, add it to my feature request list on my portal to remind me.

@firefiend - The keybinding problem is a bug with the importer. If you clear the bindings on the button (ESC) then reset it them, all should be good. As far as the mount icons, currently the companion API is not well supported for use in custom macros. I am working on a solution to store mount icons internally until Blizzard gives us something better.

@Arcadian Del Sol - Currently, no. However if you add the request to my feature request list on my portal, it would be appreciated

@crassy - stored buttons are not fully implemented yet. I am waiting for the patch 3.0 storm to subside before attacking features again. Want to shake all the little bugs out first.

@Dwargh - No, there was no 1.0 to 2.0 conversion process as the two were too dissimilar.

@sp000n - Heya fellow alpha-ite!

@dutorien - The FAQ in this thread explains about making a pet bar

@sohvan - Try version 22.8 to see if the problem is fixed.

@dbick - I just uploaded 22.8 which has some improvements on setting the bar target.

@retuch - The problem is Blizzard only gives 10 pet action ID's. And it sounds like your pet buttons all have the same ID. Right-click the button while in button edit mode to ensure they are unique.

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]

10-16-08, 07:24 PM   #138
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by KenNashua View Post
Trying to decide between Macaroon and Dominos (former Bongos user). One of the things I really miss is the debuff indicator. When I cast Battle Shout, icon turns red to indicate that aura is already active so I'm not casing it again. Any way to get such a feature?
Already in, check the main menu for Buff/Debuff highlighting

10-16-08, 07:28 PM   #139
million1
A Murloc Raider
Stance and combat mode whats wrong?

Hi all,

can anyone explain were im going wrong?

i have a warrior and in trinity i used stance mode with combat mode.

this ment when i went into combat my attack buttons would appear, i have set the same up on macaroon but it works in reverse......

when not in combat my buttons are on screen but when i enter combat they vanish!!!!

this is not too helpfull as you can imagine, any ideas what im doing wrong?

10-16-08, 08:07 PM   #140
KenNashua
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Maul View Post
Already in, check the main menu for Buff/Debuff highlighting
Doh! So it is... I love how quickly you implemented that after getting my request!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Macaroon unofficial thread and docs: Feel the World of Macros!