10-16-08, 08:27 PM   #141
Morgalm
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Does the combat state work? Does the opposite for me disappears in combat.

10-16-08, 08:33 PM   #142
million1
A Murloc Raider
another player i know had this too but was not using stance and managed to fix it doing the following......

you need to left click (i think its left, the click that will NOT bring up all the options like button count etc)

when you do this you should come to a bar that has no buttons on it, you need to make sure this is set to combat.

this worked for him but has not worked for me so im wondering if its because im stanced as well?

10-16-08, 08:43 PM   #143
KenNashua
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Ack! Just grabbed the latest update and bars have moved. Please tell me there's a way to restore them!

Update: restored from the backup...we'll see if the problem returns

Last edited by KenNashua : 10-16-08 at 09:58 PM.

10-16-08, 10:37 PM   #144
dutorien
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by dutorien View Post
I test the macaroon to the beta : I have a deathknight with the talent "Master of Ghouls" when I dead I'am automatically transform in ghouls, I want to know how a can show the skill of the ghouls.
I try to define a pagedBar : with the first page I define the skill of the dk (not dead) and I define the second page with all button with action id (1 to 10) because I can't define the skill of the ghouls because I don't have on my spellbook. And when I dead with the dk, that don't switch to pageBar 2 automatically and when I switch with the command to pagebar 2, I don't have the skill of the ghouls.

Could you please explain me how I can configure that.

Thx for advance.

Duto

Originally Posted by Maul View Post
@dutorien - The FAQ in this thread explains about making a pet bar
Hello Maul,

It's not a pet bar when I'am transform in ghauls, because I can have a ghauls pet too when I am tranform.

I make a video to see this, this morning

Duto

10-16-08, 10:52 PM   #145
Rhoirhoi
A Murloc Raider
You dont need it set as pet for ghouls. you need to select Possess.

Its the same as not having a bar for the chess event in kara or a steam tonk etc. rightclick to bring up the menu and set the bar to possess

10-16-08, 11:37 PM   #146
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by million1 View Post
Hi all,

can anyone explain were im going wrong?

i have a warrior and in trinity i used stance mode with combat mode.

this ment when i went into combat my attack buttons would appear, i have set the same up on macaroon but it works in reverse......

when not in combat my buttons are on screen but when i enter combat they vanish!!!!

this is not too helpfull as you can imagine, any ideas what im doing wrong?
Originally Posted by Morgalm View Post
Does the combat state work? Does the opposite for me disappears in combat.
The FAQ knows all! The info you need is in there

Originally Posted by KenNashua View Post
Ack! Just grabbed the latest update and bars have moved. Please tell me there's a way to restore them!

Update: restored from the backup...we'll see if the problem returns
Read the comments in Macaroon Xtras. Other people are having this problem and it seems to be related to some changes Blizzard made. I also posted some info in the FAQ.

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]

10-17-08, 12:43 AM   #147
dutorien
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Rhoirhoi View Post
You dont need it set as pet for ghouls. you need to select Possess.

Its the same as not having a bar for the chess event in kara or a steam tonk etc. rightclick to bring up the menu and set the bar to possess
Oki thx, I test it this evening.

Duto

10-17-08, 02:55 AM   #148
Malsis
Premium Member

Question Keybound Bars

This is probably a very simple question...

In trinity I created two extra bars. One for the USE items from the dailies and one for Motes.

Since I wasn't doing dailies or farming motes all the time, I wanted to hide these.
In Trinity, I used the Binding Editor to assign Alt-D to the Dailies bar and Alt-M to the Motes bar.

Then, pressing Alt-D would show/hide the Dailies bar and so on.

Can I do this in Macaroon?

I read the post about setting bars to Action rather than macro so the item counts show up - that's good. the idea of the Motes bar is you stick each mote type on a button. The item counts tell you when you can create a primal and it lights up when you get to 10 motes. Clicking the button makes the primal.
More or less the same with the Dailies bar, except that's a mixture of macro and Action buttons.

Just need a way to show/hide them with a key now.

Bazz

10-17-08, 03:44 AM   #149
BorgkingZero
A Kobold Labourer

Combat Bar Problems !

Why is the combat state working in reverse?
- Actually, it is not. When you enable combat for a bar, you will have two states. The default "Normal" state and a new state called "Battle". You need to lift-click on the bar to cycle to the "Battle" state. Add your buttons you want to show only in combat to this state. If you want a non-combat bar, add buttons to the "Normal" state and none to "Battle".
Hi you said "Add your buttons you want to show only in combat to this state." but how ?

I have now the Battle Bar but i cant get my talents in there ??

Please help someone.

10-17-08, 04:12 AM   #150
Temper66
A Kobold Labourer
deleting bars

how the heck do I delete a bar? Wouldn't it be easier to just add a button to do that?

10-17-08, 04:32 AM   #151
Mikla
A Kobold Labourer
simply select it and type /mac delete
yes, a button would be easier

P.S.: change in 22.9 for stance support (german client) works well, thx Maul

Last edited by Mikla : 10-17-08 at 04:39 AM.

10-17-08, 06:36 AM   #152
million1
A Murloc Raider
every thing has gone!!!!

i spent ages all throughthe night setting all the buttons and bars up and now they have all re-set to nothing!!!!!!

why has this happened, will it reset again if i set it up again?

10-17-08, 06:50 AM   #153
Malsis
Premium Member

I think we all need to bear in mind that this is still very much beta.

Things will change and possibly break.

My advice: Use something else for your main bars.

Use Macaroon for secondary bars, gradually transition to Macaroon for main bars as it stabilises.

Not only that, but Blizzard WILL change stuff right up till Wrath launch, and probably after that too.

We all scream and whine at them for new expansions, new content, nerfs, buffs and fixes, yet we also whine and moan when they release it early and it's borked.

Rule of software production:
Quality, Speed, Cheap. Pick any two out of three.

10-17-08, 06:50 AM   #154
Iolair
A Kobold Labourer
Combat setting question

Didn't see this senario in the FAQ. As a warrior I had several bars in TB2 that were both stance and combat triggered. They would only show up in combat, and would change based upon my stance at the time. However, when I create a bar with the stance and combat checks, whatever I have placed into the "Battle" bar is the only set that will show when in combat, regardless of stance.

Would this just be a custom setting in Macaroon, and if so, how would I set that up? (Not good with code >.<)

10-17-08, 07:01 AM   #155
nisma
A Defias Bandit
retreat bar?

in trinity there used to be a mode to set a bar to show up only out of combat (retreat bar). While I have figured out how to set up a battle bar, I dont seem to find the retreat option in macaroon. Is it there? Will it be implemented if its not?

edit: also I used to have a battle bar with other buttons showing up when pressing alt (in combat only!) it seems that i cannot do this anymore here, the alt modifier shows up out of combat and not in it, since there is an 'empty' normal bar above. How do I fix this?

Last edited by nisma : 10-17-08 at 07:04 AM.

10-17-08, 07:03 AM   #156
million1
A Murloc Raider
i have the same issue as the above post, only one of my stances comes and goes as it should but in trinity i could use all 3, please help my day off to play wow is getting shorter and shorter.........

thanks

10-17-08, 07:18 AM   #157
million1
A Murloc Raider
Sorry to anyone who thinks mi a whinger but im getting really frustrated with this mod now.

i was up till the early hours of this morning setting this up and at about 2 this morning i somehow managed to get my bars working in both stanced and combat mode, but im not sure how or what i done different. i logged on today for a day of wow only to find all my work last night has gone and now i cant even get 1 bar to work properly in combat alone, even when i put my buttons on the battle page and don't turn on the stanced feature stanced.

i loved trinity but this set up is costing me a day off just to set the basics up, can anyone explain hiw to do it so it a) changes how it should and b) wont vanish when i log off or is there a better system out there i can use?

i know these things are very cleverly built and i expect a few issues but this is stopping my play completely and i cant find any solutions anywere.

after using trinty im sure this will be fantastic and im sure its probably my lack of knowledge that is failing me, if your out there maul i need your wisdom!!!!

please please please help im desperate to make today at least partialy worth while.

many thanks to anyone who can spare the time to help!!!!!!

Last edited by million1 : 10-17-08 at 07:26 AM.

10-17-08, 07:19 AM   #158
budjb
A Kobold Labourer
I got macaroon up and working. At first I thought it was a step backwards with the new interface, but after figuring it out it does seem a bit more intuitive, so nice job on it.

Of the features missing, there is one that I have run into that has given me issues so far. In trinity, I had a circle + one bar that held my seals and judgement spell for my paladin. The Judgement spell was the center button, and I was able to scale that button larger independently of the buttons surrounding it. I can't seem to find a way to do that with this current build. For me, it's an important feature.

Though I'm sure it's just a matter of completion, it would be nice to have a way to delete bars and manually set their x and y coords without having to use / commands.

Thanks!

10-17-08, 07:28 AM   #159
Tweeker
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I remember one of my favorite features in trinity was:

I could set up a bar that when hovered over, would display the rest of the bar, similar to how zhunter and autobar function..

I used it for traps and different healing spells and stuff like a range of bandages.

Is this ability possible in macaroon?

Thanks for help

10-17-08, 07:32 AM   #160
nisma
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by nisma View Post
in trinity there used to be a mode to set a bar to show up only out of combat (retreat bar). While I have figured out how to set up a battle bar, I dont seem to find the retreat option in macaroon. Is it there? Will it be implemented if its not?

edit: also I used to have a battle bar with other buttons showing up when pressing alt (in combat only!) it seems that i cannot do this anymore here, the alt modifier shows up out of combat and not in it, since there is an 'empty' normal bar above. How do I fix this?
alright i have fiddled with the alphaup and that solved the bar i want to show up under alt in battle. I tried to do the same with a retreat bar but there is still one issue with that. When I am in combat the retreat bar doesnt show BUT the buttons are still clickable (since its just the alpha being 0). Is there a way to make this bar switch off completely during combat instead of just making it invisible? because my battle bar is right on top of it and im clicking things on my retreat bar instead when using it.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Macaroon unofficial thread and docs: Feel the World of Macros!