10-04-09, 10:35 PM   #1
nonretadin
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

Question hello i am horible at buff remembering

hello i am a protadin and i have been trying to find a suitable replacement for Power Aura not because its bad or anything its a really good add but its hard to configure as a technical challenged person

i am looking for an addon that will tell me when:
  • show when seal drops
  • show when blessings drop
  • show when i need aura
  • show when righteous fury isnt on
  • show when the following Proc: Redoubt Reckoning
  • show when i dont have divine plea up and sacred shield isnt up

thanks in advance

10-04-09, 11:04 PM   #2
Minerv
A Black Drake

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
u could use Power Aura's for that, just needs a little configuration. Make some icon show when u dont have the buff
10-04-09, 11:06 PM   #3
nonretadin

Originally Posted by Minerv View Post
u could use Power Aura's for that, just needs a little configuration. Make some icon show when u dont have the buff
yes and i dont possess the brain power to configure it if you would read my post it clearly states that

10-04-09, 11:22 PM   #4
Trond
A Cliff Giant

I think AnnoyingBuffReminder will remind you of atleast some of them...
10-05-09, 03:37 AM   #5
shkm
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Trust me, Power Auras is incredible for this stuff. I've been using a number of methods to keep track of the same things for a long time, and until I tried Power Auras none of them really did it. It's definitely worth spending some time to get your head around, as really it's not that complicated if you understand basic logic.

If it's really no option, though, I place self-cast buffs toward the middle of the screen using SBF, and have it send a warning to SCT when they're about to run out. It works OK, but you can't define where each buff should be so it's far from optimal.
10-05-09, 05:48 AM   #6
zero-kill
A Firelord

Hurrrrr ya go WoW UI Tutorial -- Power Auras. Never look back brother.
10-05-09, 09:14 AM   #7
forty2j
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Tankadin (and it's plug-ins) accomplish the same goals.. I found some of the seal warnings & such too annoying
10-05-09, 09:50 AM   #8
Laurent
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I use AnnoyinBuffReminder and NeedToKnow. ABR is great for auras, seals, and blessings and NTK is great for having bars popup for things like Redoubt and Reckoning.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fReminder.html
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info14579-NeedToKnow-Updated.html

10-05-09, 11:11 AM   #9
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
I like Cork and clcbpt. I use Paladin Buffer from shadowed for my buffing needs.

Power Aura's however, can do all of the above, tho.
10-05-09, 02:53 PM   #10
nonretadin

Originally Posted by shkm View Post
Trust me, Power Auras is incredible for this stuff. I've been using a number of methods to keep track of the same things for a long time, and until I tried Power Auras none of them really did it. It's definitely worth spending some time to get your head around, as really it's not that complicated if you understand basic logic.

If it's really no option, though, I place self-cast buffs toward the middle of the screen using SBF, and have it send a warning to SCT when they're about to run out. It works OK, but you can't define where each buff should be so it's far from optimal.
can you show off your vast knowlage by making me imports for redoubt and reckoning?
10-05-09, 03:56 PM   #11
Kleo
A Theradrim Guardian
SmartBuff might also be good for you. Easy configuration, a message comes up when a buff isn't up, and you can set it to easy rebuff by scrolling your mousewheel.
10-06-09, 11:52 AM   #12
shkm
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by nonretadin View Post
can you show off your vast knowlage by making me imports for redoubt and reckoning?
Sure, I can try. Ultimately it depends upon what you want to do with them, but these should give you a base.

Redoubt
Code:
gcd:bofalse; b:nu1; anim1:nu1; ignoreResting:botrue; optunitn:bofalse; ignoremaj:botrue; stacksLower:nu0; target:bofalse; icon:stInterface\Icons\Ability_Defend; size:nu0.75; torsion:nu1; r:nu1; y:nu-30; x:nu0; customname:st; groupany:bofalse; timerduration:nu0; unitn:st; bufftype:nu1; stacks:nu0; focus:bofalse; raid:bofalse; texture:nu1; DurationExpired:bofalse; alpha:nu0.75; aurastext:st; symetrie:nu0; soundfile:st; owntex:bofalse; duration:nu0; mine:botrue; multiids:st; inVehicle:bofalse; speed:nu1; sound:nu0; TimeShown:nu0; stacksOperator:st>=; realaura:nu1; threshold:nu50; exact:botrue; textaura:bofalse; wowtex:bofalse; groupOrSelf:bofalse; customsound:st; combat:nu0; StackCount:nu1; InactiveDueToState:botrue; id:nu4; aurastextfont:nu1; HideRequest:bofalse; Active:bofalse; spec2:botrue; customtex:bofalse; isSecondary:bofalse; g:nu1; thresholdinvert:bofalse; tooltipCheck:st; stance:nu10; anim2:nu0; buffname:stRedoubt; Showing:bofalse; spec1:botrue; begin:nu0; off:bofalse; party:bofalse; texmode:nu1; inverse:bofalse; ismounted:bofalse; targetfriend:bofalse; randomcolor:bofalse; isinraid:bofalse; finish:nu1; timer.a:nu1; timer.dual:bofalse; timer.HideRequest:botrue; timer.Showing:bofalse; timer.cents:botrue; timer.HideLeadingZeros:bofalse; timer.CustomDuration:nu0; timer.id:nu4; timer.y:nu0; timer.h:nu1; timer.ShowOnAuraHide:bofalse; timer.Transparent:bofalse; timer.DurationInfo:nu41874.347; timer.enabled:bofalse; timer.x:nu0; timer.Texture:stDefault
Reckoning (Not tested)
Code:
gcd:bofalse; b:nu1; anim1:nu1; ignoreResting:botrue; optunitn:bofalse; ignoremaj:botrue; stacksLower:nu0; target:bofalse; icon:st; size:nu0.75; torsion:nu1; r:nu1; y:nu-30; x:nu0; customname:st; groupany:bofalse; timerduration:nu0; unitn:st; bufftype:nu1; stacks:nu0; focus:bofalse; raid:bofalse; texture:nu1; DurationExpired:bofalse; alpha:nu0.75; aurastext:st; symetrie:nu0; soundfile:st; owntex:bofalse; duration:nu0; mine:botrue; multiids:st; inVehicle:bofalse; speed:nu1; sound:nu0; TimeShown:nu0; stacksOperator:st>=; realaura:nu1; threshold:nu50; exact:botrue; textaura:bofalse; wowtex:bofalse; groupOrSelf:bofalse; customsound:st; combat:nu0; StackCount:nu1; InactiveDueToState:botrue; id:nu4; aurastextfont:nu1; HideRequest:bofalse; Active:bofalse; spec2:botrue; customtex:bofalse; isSecondary:bofalse; g:nu1; thresholdinvert:bofalse; tooltipCheck:st; stance:nu10; anim2:nu0; buffname:stReckoning; Showing:bofalse; spec1:botrue; begin:nu0; off:bofalse; party:bofalse; texmode:nu1; inverse:bofalse; ismounted:bofalse; targetfriend:bofalse; randomcolor:bofalse; isinraid:bofalse; finish:nu1; timer.a:nu1; timer.dual:bofalse; timer.HideRequest:botrue; timer.Showing:bofalse; timer.cents:botrue; timer.HideLeadingZeros:bofalse; timer.CustomDuration:nu0; timer.id:nu4; timer.y:nu0; timer.h:nu1; timer.ShowOnAuraHide:bofalse; timer.Transparent:bofalse; timer.DurationInfo:nu41874.347; timer.enabled:bofalse; timer.x:nu0; timer.Texture:stDefault

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » hello i am horible at buff remembering