12-14-10, 04:29 PM   #1
Kamikaze_Ice
A Murloc Raider
Quest module question

Is there a way to disable ONLY the quest tracker/minion without disabling Carbonite's other features of the quest module?

Reason I ask is because, this is my opinion btw, the built-in quest tracker is ugly and clunky and I opt to use SorhaQuestLog in place of it.
Unfortunetly, when Carbonite's questing module is enabled, I loose the ability to expand or collapse zone headders in SorhaQuestLog as Carbonite has taken control over the blizzard quest tracker and is blocking other addons from changing it.

12-14-10, 06:06 PM   #2
djGrrr
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Kamikaze_Ice View Post
Is there a way to disable ONLY the quest tracker/minion without disabling Carbonite's other features of the quest module?

Reason I ask is because, this is my opinion btw, the built-in quest tracker is ugly and clunky and I opt to use SorhaQuestLog in place of it.
Unfortunetly, when Carbonite's questing module is enabled, I loose the ability to expand or collapse zone headders in SorhaQuestLog as Carbonite has taken control over the blizzard quest tracker and is blocking other addons from changing it.
i would love to see this as well, i use QuestGuru as my quest log and tracker, i much prefer it over carbonite's one, but i love everything else about the questing in carbonite :P

12-15-10, 12:39 PM   #3
kylejdb
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

ive thought of this alot and come to the conclusion that were probably stuck with carb quest tracker unles specific support is written for other addons. the reason is that only carb supports the zooming in of your map. so when the quest blobs are drawn on the map, only carbs tools can keep them accurate when zoomed in. me personally, i love the default quest tracking. i wish blizz'z blobs could zoom .. i love the carb map. but that about it. i find everything else about carb ugly and unimmersive. (sorry haavok :P.. amazing job on the map! ).

12-15-10, 04:57 PM   #4
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The parts are integrated together, so you would not be able to track stuff easily or show quest givers, etc if you hid the Watch List, which you can hide.

I glanced at a few screen shots of SorhaQuestLog and though it looked a lot like ours. Main thing I noticed was it put in headers dividing the quests by zones.

What main things are you looking for? Different fonts, sizes, colors, clickable lines?

12-15-10, 05:50 PM   #5
kylejdb
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

i know this wasnt directed at me but... im looking for better looking icons and buttons for the quest watch list. i just dont like seeing the black background on the selection buttons in the list itself. in my opinion it looks bad v.s. say a circle or something..

12-15-10, 06:36 PM   #6
Kamikaze_Ice
A Murloc Raider
Again, this is only my opinion, but I found nQuestLog to be the best quest tracker--from visuals to how you could interact with it (clickable headers, colorization options) and SorhaQuestLog was the closest alternative.

I like carbs' tracker as well, jut not nearly as much as SorhaQuestLog (it fits in with my UI better than carbs, and acts the same way).

Only real difference (that I see) between carbonite and these two mentioned addons is that the latter can be used as a minimalistic "quest log" or watched list instead of only a "quest watch list", yet providing the ability to do both within the same frame [auto tracking (from new quest, zone change, quest update or watched quests), stop tracking quests that are done.

I tried looking into Carbonite.lua to see what might prevent SorhaQuestLog from having clickable zone headers, and if it was possible to comment it out. I quickly gave up though, it must be hard to keep such a complex addon up to date with the recent sweeping changes.

Please don't let any of my comments get you down, as Carbonite is defenetly one of my "must have" addons. Please keep up the outstanding job when possible

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Quest module question