05-12-07, 12:29 PM   #481
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Denwop
it is bugsack that is giving the error. I have the same add-ons for every character i have and this only one its doing it to.. i have tryed all the layouts. since i have got Mazzle i haven't upgraded any add-ons.
If you can't find any other err-rs, then I don't know what to tell you. I can't recreate that issue nor has anyone else reported anything similar. My only suggestion is to try re-mazzifying without the buttons and set the buttons up yourself.

05-14-07, 02:18 AM   #482
rawdawg66
A Kobold Labourer
rollong

i seem to not be able to roll on drops while running instances. i tried /bongos visiblity and i don't have a option to turn it on like a post i read said to do. ols let me know what to do thks

05-14-07, 03:50 AM   #483
galsina
A Defias Bandit
ClearFont2 vs. Character Names

Well, I've been fighting this problem for a long time now and after scanning page after page and searching through the bug reports I've yet to find a solution.

Simply, all character names: my own, friendly players, mobs, enemies, etc. were all gone. I could mess with nametogglefu, efficiency modes, and blizz's interface settings to turn them on. And nothing.

What does fix it is turning off the ClearFont2 add-on. Great, names are back. This even makes WoW stop crashing on logging out.

Problem #1: Any new mazzification requires clearfont2 to be turned on in order for the mazzle process to not bug out. The bug, although I can't paste now, simply involves a clearfont2 lookup.

Problem #2: I want ClearFont2 dangit!

I tried installing the latest version of ClearFont2, sadly it was not compatible with some of the other add-ons (sct in particular). This bugged out the mazzify process as well as make many of the mazzle frames disappear. I wasn't able to access the bug reports due to most of the frames disappearing at this point.

Conclusions:
1. Disabling clearfont2 (from add-on list on character select screen) after mazzification of a character did eliminate name display problems as well as crash on logout problems.
2. Clearfont2 seems to be needed in order for mazzification to complete. So only disable afterwards.
3. Clearfont 2 (updated apr. 26 2007) does not seem to work with mazzleui.

My results were based simply on lots and lots of trial and error and no real knowledge of how these add-ons actually work. It is very possible there is a simpler solution to my problem or a way to make clearfont2 work for those who are having this problem. I'

1.3 1280-1024 res.
Warlock - 70 - UD, Warrior - 55 - Orc, and many others.
Tried all button layouts, but generally stick to the default.
No extra add-ons except clearfont2 update as mentioned above.
Sorry for the wall of text.

05-14-07, 03:21 PM   #484
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by galsina
Well, I've been fighting this problem for a long time now and after scanning page after page and searching through the bug reports I've yet to find a solution.

Simply, all character names: my own, friendly players, mobs, enemies, etc. were all gone. I could mess with nametogglefu, efficiency modes, and blizz's interface settings to turn them on. And nothing.

What does fix it is turning off the ClearFont2 add-on. Great, names are back. This even makes WoW stop crashing on logging out.

Problem #1: Any new mazzification requires clearfont2 to be turned on in order for the mazzle process to not bug out. The bug, although I can't paste now, simply involves a clearfont2 lookup.

Problem #2: I want ClearFont2 dangit!

I tried installing the latest version of ClearFont2, sadly it was not compatible with some of the other add-ons (sct in particular). This bugged out the mazzify process as well as make many of the mazzle frames disappear. I wasn't able to access the bug reports due to most of the frames disappearing at this point.

Conclusions:
1. Disabling clearfont2 (from add-on list on character select screen) after mazzification of a character did eliminate name display problems as well as crash on logout problems.
2. Clearfont2 seems to be needed in order for mazzification to complete. So only disable afterwards.
3. Clearfont 2 (updated apr. 26 2007) does not seem to work with mazzleui.

My results were based simply on lots and lots of trial and error and no real knowledge of how these add-ons actually work. It is very possible there is a simpler solution to my problem or a way to make clearfont2 work for those who are having this problem. I'

1.3 1280-1024 res.
Warlock - 70 - UD, Warrior - 55 - Orc, and many others.
Tried all button layouts, but generally stick to the default.
No extra add-ons except clearfont2 update as mentioned above.
Sorry for the wall of text.
Interesting, though I don't see what possible connection ClearFont could have to the name tag settings. Also, I use the latest version of ClearFont without any problem.

05-15-07, 05:56 AM   #485
galsina
A Defias Bandit
As stated above, I don't really understand why this works. But after seeing others post similar trouble and propose the clearfont fix, it appears this add-on does somehow cause trouble in some rare cases. I never did try a clean install, because I didn't want to start all the settings over for all of my characters.

Anyhow, if anyone has any trouble with name tags or wow crashing, that add-on alone is what makes the difference on my system, from awesome wow fun and nasty nameless crashing. ^_^ If someone comes up with a clever explanation as to why please do let me know.

During my few crashes I noticed the discord framework or whatever it is, fade away to reveal the windows that display combat info and what not. With all the extra space I have due to lack of buttons on some alts, would it be possible to move/resize these frames to help my blind eyes see them better?

Last edited by galsina : 05-15-07 at 06:04 AM.

05-22-07, 06:40 AM   #486
acykin
A Defias Bandit
Exclamation

Hello all,

I have exactly the same problem :
lost the name of guild member, tabar display and also name of my friend is "inconu" (french for unknow).

It's a fresh install of wow with mazzel. That's work perfectly withoot. But i can't play without my mazzified interface

I will try clearfont solution. I feedback later.

PS: sorry for my english ^^

05-22-07, 07:05 AM   #487
Wonders
A Murloc Raider
I had the issue with names coming and going a while back. I'm not at home currently, so I can't really check, but I seem to remember that Automaton was what was causing my nameplate issues. To be honest I don't even remember if Automaton is part of the MazzleUI package, but when I adjusted some options there it fixed the problem.

05-22-07, 10:29 AM   #488
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by rawdawg66
i seem to not be able to roll on drops while running instances. i tried /bongos visiblity and i don't have a option to turn it on like a post i read said to do. ols let me know what to do thks
Bongos plays no role in loot rolling. XLoot is the add-on. The way it handles scaling and anchoring, it is easy for the loot window to be moved off-screen. You can try disabling the add-on or deleting its settings in your SavedVariables folder.

05-22-07, 10:29 AM   #489
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Wonders
I had the issue with names coming and going a while back. I'm not at home currently, so I can't really check, but I seem to remember that Automaton was what was causing my nameplate issues. To be honest I don't even remember if Automaton is part of the MazzleUI package, but when I adjusted some options there it fixed the problem.
Automaton is not part of the package.

05-22-07, 12:12 PM   #490
acykin
A Defias Bandit
Exclamation

hi again,

i just try to remove clearfont after mazzification but my problem is still here.

Any other idee ?

edit: After removed ALL the add on, the problem persist :/

Last edited by acykin : 05-22-07 at 01:06 PM.

05-22-07, 01:49 PM   #491
jvarga77
A Murloc Raider

Patch problem

I guess this is the place to post any problems...for some reason, the full size map won't appear...when pressing "m", it makes the sound and I can't move my toon, but no map...also, when on my druid, when switching to cat form, while in combat, my bar won't change...once I'm out of combat, the bar changes to my cat bar...those are the only two that I've noticed so far, though my BugSack has a bunch of errors that haven't effected my game play...thanks

05-22-07, 02:38 PM   #492
PHroG
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by jvarga77
I guess this is the place to post any problems...for some reason, the full size map won't appear...when pressing "m", it makes the sound and I can't move my toon, but no map...also, when on my druid, when switching to cat form, while in combat, my bar won't change...once I'm out of combat, the bar changes to my cat bar...those are the only two that I've noticed so far, though my BugSack has a bunch of errors that haven't effected my game play...thanks
Ditto, also I cannot get the Mazzle menu on the Fubar to come up so I can't even re-mazzlefy.

Also, a green dot for the actionbar menu was placed in the middle of the screen...However, that is easy to move.

05-22-07, 03:01 PM   #493
Dahon
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I'm guessing the map isn't working, along with the other Ace addons because from what I can tell Ace is either not compatible yet with 2.1 or we need to update it separately.

If you need to remazzify... the command still works. "/mazzify"

I'm okay with the Ace bars not working properly, but I really need the map working. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Dahon : 05-22-07 at 03:07 PM.

05-22-07, 03:32 PM   #494
redcedar
An Aku'mai Servant
Bugs I have seen so far under 2.1

1) M does not pull up map
2) Autobar is up in the main UI
3) Rogue Vanish countdown timer is not right
4) When I break stealth as a rogue, my stealth action bar stays instead of changing to main action bar.

Overall, not bad given the big update. looks like 90+% works still.

05-22-07, 03:37 PM   #495
PHroG
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Map problem fix...

Well, I've discovered the map button issue...The map is there, however it's transparency has defaulted to 0% for some reason.

Easy way to do this is open your map, then hold down SHIFT then scroll wheel up!

Kudos to iljott for the shift-scroll wheel method.

Hope this helps!

~PHRoG

edited for easier method of fix

Last edited by PHroG : 05-22-07 at 03:59 PM.

05-22-07, 03:38 PM   #496
VincentSDSH
Non-Canadian Luzer!

Originally Posted by redcedar
Bugs I have seen so far under 2.1
4) When I break stealth as a rogue, my stealth action bar stays instead of changing to main action bar.
Same problem with druid forms and I imagine all stances during combat.

05-22-07, 03:46 PM   #497
jvarga77
A Murloc Raider

I can get the Cartographer tooltip, but no menu comes up when I click on it...any ideas?

05-22-07, 04:00 PM   #498
PHroG
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by jvarga77
I can get the Cartographer tooltip, but no menu comes up when I click on it...any ideas?
Easier way to do this I was told...Open your map, then hold down shift and scroll wheel up on the mouse...This will increase the transparency of the map and bring it back.

~PHRoG

05-22-07, 04:11 PM   #499
redcedar
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by PHroG
Easier way to do this I was told...Open your map, then hold down shift and scroll wheel up on the mouse...This will increase the transparency of the map and bring it back.

~PHRoG
That worked perfect. Thanks.

05-22-07, 04:16 PM   #500
grayhat
A Defias Bandit
Lightbulb The mac bug

There is an error in the mac client that prevents bongos from functioning correctly

By simply replacing the bongos addon with a newer version and removing its savedvariables files, i am able to run WoW, sans fantastic Mazzle button layouts ( )

Hope this helps you fellow mac users out there

P.S. Thank you for making such a great UI mazzlefizz

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » OLD Bug Report Thread OLD