07-10-11, 02:55 PM   #1
NiQil
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Mapster update or replacement?

I currently use Mapster as my map addon, but it hasn't been updated since April, and the auther has not responded to queries from other players in the addon comments both here and over on Curse. If the author of Mapster happens to read this, I would dearly love an update, as I have used that addon for a long time, and would like to continue to do so.

All that being said....I guess I need to search for a new map addon. I am looking for something really basic that will clear the fog of war, give me coordinates, and has profile settings so I can make my map setting the same across all my toons. Basically all the things that I used Mapster for lol. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
07-10-11, 03:02 PM   #2
Starinnia
Ninja Code Monkey
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Is something broken for you in Mapster? I'm using it currently and it works perfectly fine.

If the TOC number is out of date, simply open the AddOns screen at the Character Selection screen and check "Load out-of-date AddOns"
07-10-11, 03:22 PM   #3
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Mapster works 99% as intended - I use it and I only notice one minor glitch, and that one is 1) random and 2) uncommon. :P
07-15-11, 05:14 AM   #4
Darvon
A Murloc Raider

I'd suggest Carbonite, lets you do all that, but it might slow down some older processors, so be warned.
07-15-11, 07:53 AM   #5
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Darvon View Post
I'd suggest Carbonite, lets you do all that, but it might slow down some older processors, so be warned.
Please elaborate.
07-15-11, 09:54 AM   #6
Waky
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Once Mapster broke for me I switched to just using the default WoW map, but minimized. I really only used Mapster to shrink the map and clear the fog of war, but now at least the WoW map can be shrunk. I basically know where everything is so the fog of war issue isn't really that big of a deal for me.
07-15-11, 09:58 AM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Mapster works perfectly fine for me. I don't think I've ever seen Taryble's random, uncommon glitch even.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-15-11, 10:22 PM   #8
Taryble
A Molten Giant

The quest tracking blobs disappear occasionally... closing the map and reopening it fixes it. But it's fairly rare as it is.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Mapster update or replacement?