03-13-13, 10:04 AM   #1
Xylan Trueheart
Premium Member
Premium Member
Error when grouping

Here's something that has cropped up after the new release. Error as seen by BugGrabber, enUS client. Wiped older version and installing new one fresh.

This error appears whenever I group with my girlfriend (yes I have one and yes she likes to play Wow too. Lucky me ) She also uses Carbonite but has a older version installed. I politely suggested in a oblique way she update her version ~ahem~. Anyway this also happens with a few LFD groups I've encountered and from the quest completion announcement in chat I assume some of the groups I ran with had Carbonite installed as well. When I solo I don't have this error. Maybe grouping with players who have a older version is the issue. Something to be aware of.

296x Carbonite.Quests-1.0\NxQuest.lua:4440: attempt to compare number with nil
Carbonite.Quests-1.0\NxQuest.lua:4440: in function "OnMsgQuest"
Carbonite-5.2.1\NxCom.lua:530: in function <Carbonite\NxCom.lua:498>
<string>:"safecall Dispatcher[4]":4: in function <string>:"safecall Dispatcher[4]":4
<in C code>
<string>:"safecall Dispatcher[4]":13: in function "?"
Ace3-Release-r1083\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0-6.lua:92: in function "Fire"
Ace3-Release-r1083\AceComm-3.0\AceComm-3.0-7.lua:339: in function <Ace3\AceComm-3.0\AceComm-3.0.lua:321>

Locals:
nil

03-13-13, 10:51 AM   #2
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Oh I have that one too lol

03-13-13, 11:54 AM   #3
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
it's caused by my attempt to allow cross-realm names in quest sharing, I check for a server name and strip it out, but looks like i make an assumption server name will be present.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Error when grouping