12-06-14, 03:38 PM   #641
atl77
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Ircdirk, search Carbonate.Quest for function Nx.Quest:UnpackName - you'll find the information there. It's too late for me, so unless you're faster, I will work it out within the next 1-2 days.

12-06-14, 03:46 PM   #642
djones60
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by muze View Post
Go to the add-on page while logged in and click "Report this file" and you can notify wowinterface of this. There is a check box that reads "Uploader is not author" which appears to be the case. Do not let this joke take credit for something that Rythal and others are working very hard to make what it once was.
Yep, just did that. Not cool taking credit for other peoples work.

12-06-14, 04:50 PM   #643
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by ircdirk View Post
We can change from GitHub to Bitbucket... where repositories can be private and u can just add rights to people who are commiting (those u choose). No one else will have rights to commit or download the source.
That's also possible using our Git Repositories.

Originally Posted by KMJX View Post
Even under GPL, I believe it is necessary to give due credit to those who significantly contributed to the project.
And I believe "rewriting the thing from basically from scratch" would qualify.
Originally Posted by atl77 View Post
While the GPL allows changes of the code, changes to credits or copyright notes are still forbidden. Wrongly assuming a copyright is actionable in most country, no matter what the license.
You are both correct on that and thank you for the reminder.

*goes hunting*

12-06-14, 05:10 PM   #644
djones60
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
No.. to write self-destructing code would be just as un-ethical. I'll just keep working on the major bugs (there isn't many major ones left) instead of the major and minor ones and get it released officially. People won't download or donate to an alternate version if they have no reason to.
Very true and better to take the high road anyways.

12-06-14, 05:45 PM   #645
jamews
A Kobold Labourer
hi been using carbonite scinse it came out i love it however im wondering it used to be compatible with tomtom(crazy arrow) now every time tom-tom is active with carbonite it bugs out is there something i am doing wrong or do i need to get a different arrow add on

12-06-14, 09:30 PM   #646
Aalwein
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by jamews View Post
hi been using carbonite scinse it came out i love it however im wondering it used to be compatible with tomtom(crazy arrow) now every time tom-tom is active with carbonite it bugs out is there something i am doing wrong or do i need to get a different arrow add on
I've been using Carbonite forever also and I've never managed to get Carbonite and TomTom to integrate, lol. I gave up trying a long time ago though.

12-06-14, 09:53 PM   #647
Eternal_Lynx
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by ircdirk View Post
It can be done, ill dig into quest database and see what is needed from wowhead. I can write this kind of scrapper.

Rythal can u describe some things form QuestsX-X.lua:

Code:
[24432] = {
	Quest = [[Sea Legs|1|81|80|25281|0]], <= thats all data from wowhead db
	Start = "1994|610|32|45.16|23.34", <= describe those, last 2 are NPC cords but others not from wowhead db (ok i found the first, this is key number from QuestNPC.lua Array)
	End = "1994|610|32|45.16|23.35",
	Objectives = {
	  [1] = {
		 "nil|610|35|45.5|21.5|15.03|6.68", <= describe those, 4rd and 5th are NPC cords but others not from wowhead db
		 "nil|610|35|45|22.5|20.04|3.34",
		 "nil|610|35|44.5|23|25.05|3.34",
		 "nil|610|35|43|23.5|40.08|3.34",
		 "nil|610|35|43|24|35.07|20.04",
		 "nil|610|35|43.5|27|25.05|3.34",
	   },
	  [2] = {
		 "nil|610|35|45|26.5|5.01|3.34",
	   },
	},
  },
Since Blizzard have their own "quest map circles" now, it's not that necessary to build the database with such details, you can simply pull the most needed data from wowhead or sth. else like:
Lua Code:
  1. [29414] = {
  2.     Quest = [[&#22303;&#27700;&#20043;&#36947;|0|3|1|0|0]], -- quest name taken from fansite database using a database crawler
  3.     End = "54567|0|32|0|0", -- 54567 is the "real" NPC id
  4.   },
This just affect the "database" tab and "show quest givers" in Carbonite and those features are not so frequently used now.
And it's simple to fix the NPC name shown as "?" when tracking the completed quest.
The only thing need to do is to convert the npc name table to assign every name with the "real" NPC id.

12-06-14, 10:15 PM   #648
Eternal_Lynx
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
Unfortunately guys, Carbonite is licensed GPL, so there is absolutely nothing we can do about it. Sleazy? Yes. Less than ethical? Yes. Actionable? No.

=/
But Rythal can claim copyright of his modifications since he already released his full work under GPL.
He should put a copyright notice in his version of carbonite.
Then all modified versions based on his version are required to carry that copyright notice.

12-06-14, 10:16 PM   #649
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by Eternal_Lynx View Post
Since Blizzard have their own "quest map circles" now, it's not that necessary to build the database with such details, you can simply pull the most needed data from wowhead or sth. else like:
Lua Code:
  1. [29414] = {
  2.     Quest = [[&#22303;&#27700;&#20043;&#36947;|0|3|1|0|0]], -- quest name taken from fansite database using a database crawler
  3.     End = "54567|0|32|0|0", -- 54567 is the "real" NPC id
  4.   },
This just affect the "database" tab and "show quest givers" in Carbonite and those features are not so frequently used now.
And it's simple to fix the NPC name shown as "?" when tracking the completed quest.
The only thing need to do is to convert the npc name table to assign every name with the "real" NPC id.
It's not needed but it was handy, as if Carbonite has objective info filled out, then it's able to display 10-12 quests all at once, with the area's / colours overlapping. WoW's method can only do 1 quest at a time. I'll detail a breakdown of everything in next post.

The NPC table name was actually the next thing I planned on redoing after everything is up and running properly, to make the ID's match the real ID's and was going to move towards possibly an online wikia type page where people can update quest information and I can easily export the databases into the quest files. However if a site scrapper gets done that won't be as needed, but the NPC names still will need redoing.

Last edited by Rythal : 12-06-14 at 10:18 PM.

12-06-14, 10:24 PM   #650
Origami
A Murloc Raider
I appologize.... Didn't realize it was a Clone // Copy of yours Rythal... and by the looks of it, it has stirred up quite a bit of uproar... kinda glad i said something but at the same time i regret posting it... should have sent the link directly to you Rythal, well in any case lesson learned... hope this thief gets whats coming to him...

EDIT: Rythal, Just an FYI, The Clone Copy came as a push in Minion Beta Downloader, at first i thought it was Your Copy being pushed as a Beta on wowinterface .. but after investigating it and looking at the download link i realized the name was altered slightly, did anyone else notice this being pushed on the Minion Downloader? May be worth it for site admin to investigate this...

Last edited by Origami : 12-06-14 at 10:31 PM.

12-06-14, 10:35 PM   #651
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Translated into:
[questid] = {
Quest = [[Quest Name|Quest Faction|Quest Level|Offered level|Next quest in series (if it's a series)|Quest category (matching in questcats.lua)]],
Start = "NPC Id|zone Id|32 (carbs code for a single point)|Zone x|Zone Y"
End = same as above
Objectives={
[quest objective number]={
"description of objective (currently nil as it's only used for party sharing)|Zone ID|35 (carbs code for a box to be drawn on the map)|Box starting X|Box starting Y|Box Width|Box Height"
}

So all the data is on the wowhead page, the complexity is in taking all the dots they have drawn on the map showing where people found stuff, and writing something that creates the box(es). Only one box is needed, but the quests that are filled out for 1-85 utilized mutliple to create the fancy shapes.

12-06-14, 10:46 PM   #652
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by jamews View Post
I can look into why it bugs out or doesn't work after all the dust is settled.. remind me then if I don't remember :P I only fixed the wholly compatability since I was working in that part of the code anyways fixing the map icon displays, right now I don't want to mess with fixing stuff to work with other addons until I have a fully stable version going.

12-07-14, 12:12 AM   #653
Kreelor
A Firelord

Question Nodes - Mining & Herbalism not appearing on maps?

I'm curious. Does the in-work github version require the "Carbonite-Gathermate2" thing to allow seeing Mining nodes and Herbalism nodes? I haven't added that custom addon yet. But, I have tried using the current Carbonite options to "load" the mining, herbalism, and the miscellaneous node options. None show nodes on the map(s). Is this something that will be incorporated later, or am I missing an option?
Note: I do not use the integrated smaller-view map into my larger-view map. I don't want to. The 'original' Carbonite used to show nodes on each of the Carbonite map views, although they didn't blink. That's what I'm hoping to get again. Otherwise, it's impossible to perform a visible "route" for gathering.

12-07-14, 01:14 AM   #654
Boggtroll
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I just thought of something im sure is not even close to original...but i think the option to be able to select multiple quests in the carbonite quest log to either share or abandon would be VERY handy.
like being able to Ctrl+Click to select/highlight multiple quests to right click and perform a unified action.
i often find myself abandoning 5-15 quests at a time if i took a break from questing to lvl in Instances or BGs.
I know this is low to last priority for after carbonite is done or released but i thought i would share so that the idea is out there in case i forget.

also a secondary request for much later when time is available, (unless its been mentioned or commented on) is handy notes does not work on the carbonite map.

Last edited by Boggtroll : 12-07-14 at 01:17 AM.

12-07-14, 02:41 AM   #655
atl77
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by Kreelor View Post
I'm curious. Does the in-work github version require the "Carbonite-Gathermate2" thing to allow seeing Mining nodes and Herbalism nodes? I haven't added that custom addon yet. But, I have tried using the current Carbonite options to "load" the mining, herbalism, and the miscellaneous node options. None show nodes on the map(s)...
No and yes. The extra package is required for import, but you could also collect all nodes yourself. In Draenor, there is currently no alternative.

12-07-14, 03:37 AM   #656
Kreelor
A Firelord

Originally Posted by atl77 View Post
No and yes. The extra package is required for import, but you could also collect all nodes yourself. In Draenor, there is currently no alternative.
I'm not using the WoD expansion, and may not use it for at least a year or two from now.

What does that mean when you say that I can "... collect all nodes yourself?"

And, you said: "The extra package is required for import...."
Does that mean I can import them (while using the github version), but not see them displayed?

Sorry, but that confuses me. (grin). It doesn't seem to match my original question. I'm not asking for anything more than knowledge about whether or not I'm supposed to be able to see the nodes.

Thank you for replying. Can you help with more info, please?

12-07-14, 04:24 AM   #657
atl77
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Kreelor, whether you import nodes or not, Carbonite will store the position of every node you harvest/mine. The import could still be compatible, but it could also be in the old map format, which would render it useless.

If you're not shown any notes, I'll have to assume that is indeed the case. Rythal can probably enlighten us more...

12-07-14, 05:36 AM   #658
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
Translated into:
[questid] = {
Quest = [[Quest Name|Quest Faction|Quest Level|Offered level|Next quest in series (if it's a series)|Quest category (matching in questcats.lua)]],
Start = "NPC Id|zone Id|32 (carbs code for a single point)|Zone x|Zone Y"
End = same as above
Objectives={
[quest objective number]={
"description of objective (currently nil as it's only used for party sharing)|Zone ID|35 (carbs code for a box to be drawn on the map)|Box starting X|Box starting Y|Box Width|Box Height"
}

So all the data is on the wowhead page, the complexity is in taking all the dots they have drawn on the map showing where people found stuff, and writing something that creates the box(es). Only one box is needed, but the quests that are filled out for 1-85 utilized mutliple to create the fancy shapes.
Box starting X|Box starting Y|Box Width|Box Height <- now thats weird, starting X and Y are from wowhead but i dont get it why theres width and height?

Code:
[24432] = {
	Quest = [[Sea Legs|1|81|80|25281|0]],
	Start = "1994|610|32|45.16|23.34",
	End = "1994|610|32|45.16|23.35",
	Objectives = {
	  [1] = {
		 "nil|610|35|45.5|21.5|15.03|6.68",
		 "nil|610|35|45|22.5|20.04|3.34",
		 "nil|610|35|44.5|23|25.05|3.34",
		 "nil|610|35|43|23.5|40.08|3.34",
		 "nil|610|35|43|24|35.07|20.04",
		 "nil|610|35|43.5|27|25.05|3.34",
	   },
	  [2] = {
		 "nil|610|35|45|26.5|5.01|3.34",
	   },
	},
  },
Objective one has multiple boxes, but are they connected or what? From wowhead database we have only starting X, Y... Ill have to do the math for this...

Converting NPC real ids to Carb NPC array thats no problem, but later it would be better to make it Real ids.

12-07-14, 08:13 AM   #659
Ghosthree3
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
There's something very wrong with how it's working with Wholly atm. I was doing the DK starting area and my UI was just getting spammed with quest area shading zones that never disappeared. Had to disable Wholly. Is there a switch somewhere in Carbonite to stop it using Wholly?

12-07-14, 08:56 AM   #660
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by Ghosthree3 View Post
There's something very wrong with how it's working with Wholly atm. I was doing the DK starting area and my UI was just getting spammed with quest area shading zones that never disappeared. Had to disable Wholly. Is there a switch somewhere in Carbonite to stop it using Wholly?
right click the map, and under show, you should be able to unselect "Custom POI" and it'll stop letting other addons integrate.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » WOD/Pre-patch