12-19-08, 08:22 PM   #2041
Dethstalker
A Murloc Raider
PTR Patch 3.08

Scott,

I am sorry to report that it appears that Blizzard has managed to break your UI on the test realms. I am not sure if it is just a PTR issue or if it bodes bad news for everyone that uses your UI.

Please take the time to jump onto the PTR to check things out.

The basic interface comes up with some of your features but things like the target window, action bars, mini-map, etc. do not appear to be functioning at all.

12-20-08, 12:33 AM   #2042
Kailef
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by Dethstalker View Post
I am sorry to report that it appears that Blizzard has managed to break your UI on the test realms.
This is a process that I have come to call "Blizzard SOP", or "Standard Operating Procedure". It is Blizzard's job to change the API in a dramatic and wide-reaching fashion at least once every few patches just because they like to watch the mod authors scramble around like mice.

They're evil, you know.

12-20-08, 07:29 AM   #2043
Smirge
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Pet food don't show up

If i click the happiness icon, the pet food frame appears with counts in it. but the actual picture of the food doesent. Just look like black boxes ?

This is clean Nui install with no other addons installed - and a fresh WTF folder as well

any ideas ?

eidt:
oh btw - it's wotlk and lvl 80's food
and both me and the pet is lvl 80

12-20-08, 12:49 PM   #2044
Wolvig
Premium Member
Ui request

HI! Been usinq Nui since Mazzle crashed.Love all that you have done and have convinced many people to convert to your work.Thank you.I do have one request.The Minimap button bag:Can you make it adjustable? I try to keep my stuff together and everytime I open the bag it hides behind whatever is currently around it.Maybe make it so that it stays on top?
Otherwise I am very happy with the ui.I even LOVE the top bar.I have installed fubar there and am really pleased with the functionality of the whole work.Once again Thanks.

12-20-08, 01:27 PM   #2045
fred
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Happy Holidays Scott!

12-21-08, 12:04 AM   #2046
KiwiiDawn
A Black Drake
Yes Happy holiy days Hope your days fill with joy.

12-22-08, 07:13 AM   #2047
stalphyr
A Kobold Labourer
Thumbs up Clear or Smoke back ground

I was Wondering if there was away to get a clear or smoke colored background I like the new defualt background but would prefure something you can see thru ( call it closterfobic) I like to see around me as much as possible plus Less graphics seems to help FPS. if not I will deal with what I got Thank you for your time on this project. When thing are possible will help out (Donation). Things will hopefully get better for everyone. That way we can Addict them all to playing wow and using your UI!!!

yes I can not spell its Early and I should be asleep but Pain has a WEIRD sort of way of stopping that!

12-22-08, 09:41 AM   #2048
Lemn
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Tehryn View Post
Hi again,

Got an extra bar when doing the lvl80 quest "From Whence They Came" in Icecrown (see screenshot below).

Also, Scott, would it be possible to add current values to slash commands, like "nUI hud hgap (xx)" where (xx) is the current setting?

Cheers!

Arent you asking for:
- /nui hud hgap {n}

This option sets horizontal gap between the left and right sides of the HUD where {n} is a number greater than 0. Increase {n} to increase the gap between the left and right of the HUD. The default value of {n} is 400
That already exists and he gives the default value of 400. The slash commands are on the first page where he explains the features of nUI.

12-22-08, 09:57 AM   #2049
havoxx
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Marthisdil View Post
Why do you even make posts like this? Seriously. if you don't like it, that's cool. The author writes the UI mod for himself, and chose to share it.

Coming here and telling us about your uber 27" monitor and not liking it, and "clustered" is useless, because the author didn't write the mod for YOU.

No reason at all - nothing constructive...not a bug report...nada....useless drivel...<sigh>
I think the main deal here, is if he is in fact on a 27" monitor, it must not be too good, my 19" is at 1440x900 and nui doesn't take up nearly "half" as he says, I'm close to being legally blind, and I can see my UI perfect, in fact, I have others that make my screen real-estate smaller.

I've yet to experience this so-called "half" the screen did I turn off the top console? Sure, it's on mouseover, but that's why I like nui, it's very customizable, and thank you for replying Scott. I usually don't care about the tooltips, but I find that blizzard vehicle bar too big, so I usually hide it, but when I'm in combat in a vehicle, I find myself forgetting what the skills do since I can't hover over them.

12-22-08, 02:57 PM   #2050
Tehryn
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

Originally Posted by Lemn View Post
Arent you asking for:
- /nui hud hgap {n}

This option sets horizontal gap between the left and right sides of the HUD where {n} is a number greater than 0. Increase {n} to increase the gap between the left and right of the HUD. The default value of {n} is 400
That already exists and he gives the default value of 400. The slash commands are on the first page where he explains the features of nUI.
As you can read in my request I do know this command, but what I asked for is the display of the current value.

"Slight variations in spelling and grammar may have been added in order to enhance this post's individual character and beauty, and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects"
[0x81BEB11E]

12-22-08, 04:05 PM   #2051
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by havoxx View Post
I find that blizzard vehicle bar too big, so I usually hide it, but when I'm in combat in a vehicle, I find myself forgetting what the skills do since I can't hover over them.
How do you hide that huge Blizzard vehicle background thing? Does hiding that get rid of the vehicle icons that show up on the nUI pet bar?

Last edited by Petrah : 12-22-08 at 04:05 PM. Reason: edited for clarification

12-22-08, 04:10 PM   #2052
Seer
A Molten Giant
Originally Posted by Silenia View Post
How do you hide that huge Blizzard vehicle background thing? Does hiding that get rid of the vehicle icons that show up on the nUI pet bar?
Try

/script VehicleMenuBar:Hide()

as a macro, works for me

12-22-08, 04:42 PM   #2053
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Seer View Post
Try

/script VehicleMenuBar:Hide()

as a macro, works for me

Thank you! Will give that a try.

12-23-08, 01:15 AM   #2054
Smirge
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Smirge View Post
If i click the happiness icon, the pet food frame appears with counts in it. but the actual picture of the food doesent. Just look like black boxes ?

This is clean Nui install with no other addons installed - and a fresh WTF folder as well

any ideas ?

eidt:
oh btw - it's wotlk and lvl 80's food
and both me and the pet is lvl 80
Noone knows this ? Or is it working for all of you, and just ot working for me ?

/Smirge

12-23-08, 01:41 AM   #2055
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Noone knows this ? Or is it working for all of you, and just ot working for me ?

/Smirge
I'm not seeing this. When you say "fresh nUI install", do you mean you deleted the Cache, Interface, WTF folders, and reinstalled nUI to troubleshoot the issue? If you haven't tried that, give it a shot. Sometimes files get corrupted and letting the game re-create them (those folders) upon login sometimes helps.

12-23-08, 01:48 AM   #2056
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Talent Builds in Tooltips

I apologize ahead of time if this has already been covered, but there's soooooo much information in both threads that it's difficult to read through it all.

The talent builds in the tooltips aren't correct for me. When I hover my mouse over someone, the tooltip is giving me the incorrect talent build. Like, when I hover over my boyfriends unit frame, it says his talent build is Demonology.... he's a Hunter with a BM spec.

Again, sorry if this has been covered already.

12-23-08, 03:35 AM   #2057
Seer
A Molten Giant
I apologize ahead of time if this has already been covered, but there's soooooo much information in both threads that it's difficult to read through it all.
If in doubt, just read the add on page or the patch notes ;-)

The talent builds in the tooltips aren't correct for me. When I hover my mouse over someone, the tooltip is giving me the incorrect talent build. Like, when I hover over my boyfriends unit frame, it says his talent build is Demonology.... he's a Hunter with a BM spec.

Again, sorry if this has been covered already.
It's a known bug afaik, happens mostly when switching targets. But to lazy to look at the patch notes myself at the moment :-p

Last edited by Seer : 12-23-08 at 03:41 AM.

12-23-08, 03:38 AM   #2058
Seer
A Molten Giant

/Smirge
Other then that it something similar happened this weekend, but it more looked like the icons were overlapping.. Only had 1 type of food available at that time, but it seemed it was trying to show 2..

But I just switched from full screen to windowed mode so blamed that.. And don't play a lot on my hunter.. (Was the first time since the Lich beta I even logged in with the hunter..)

12-23-08, 03:57 AM   #2059
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Seer View Post
If in doubt, just read the add on page or the patch notes ;-)
It's a known bug afaik, happens mostly when switching targets. But to lazy to look at the patch notes myself at the moment :-p

Many thanks I noticed too, after my post when I was perusing my screenshots, that the bug is also on the unit frames themselves and not just the tooltips. I'll have to check the patch notes and see if that's in there, too.

12-23-08, 06:07 AM   #2060
spiel2001
nUI's Author

The looks like the default Bliz casting bar which I have reparented to a hidden frame. Is it possible you have another mod installed that dinks with the casting bar?

As for current values... in the GUI config, yes. In the slash commands, I dunno.

Originally Posted by Tehryn View Post
Hi again,

Got an extra bar when doing the lvl80 quest "From Whence They Came" in Icecrown (see screenshot below).

Also, Scott, would it be possible to add current values to slash commands, like "nUI hud hgap (xx)" where (xx) is the current setting?

Cheers!

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » nUI -- A full feature standalone UI replacement