03-16-08, 05:18 PM   #1
copywizard
A Defias Bandit
Talking little problem with lightheaded and tomtom

oke here is my little problem i have two pc,s here that are nearly identical
on boths systems i got WoW running smooth and nice 1 version with no mods at all and 1 version (on the other pc) with mods like titan panel, easyhealer, etc.. and much more now i installed both tomtom and lightheaded they work fine on both machines everything works exept on my pc with all other mods installed when i click an random coord in then lightheaded database it does not show me an waypoint arrow on the mini map it does show me an green dot on the world map but nothing on the mini map on the other pc without the mods it works like an charm everytime i click an random coord an waypoint appears on my mini map that i can follow and voila now i tryed to remove all other mods from the interface folder in WoW and only use the lightheaded+tomtom but even then the (not anymore) fully modded version did not show me any waypoints on the mini map i even downloaded the most up to date version of both tomtom and light headed even through i installed the same version on both pc,s the "naked" one worked fine and my modded one still does not work 100%

p.s. i must say to the creator of this mod great job its one hell of an MOD

thx in advanced for any help and response
03-17-08, 03:18 AM   #2
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Sounds like you have another addon conflicting with the waypoints. Post a list of your addons please.

03-17-08, 12:58 PM   #3
copywizard
A Defias Bandit
even when i tryed to disable and even to remove all addons here is an list of all addons in use ill not post the ones i have not in use

Auctioneer
!Swatter
BeanCounter
Blizzard_AuctionUI
Blizzard_BattlefieldMinimap
Blizzard_BindingUI
Blizzard_CombatText
Blizzard_CraftUI
Blizzard_GMSurveyUI
Blizzard_GuildBankUI
Blizzard_InspectUI
Blizzard_ItemSocketingUI
Blizzard_MacroUI
Blizzard_RaidUI
Blizzard_TalentUI
Blizzard_TradeSkillUI
Blizzard_TrainerUI
BonusScanner
CattleProd
cEasyHealer
CombatStats
DamageMeters
DBM_API
DBM_Battlegrounds
DBM_BlackTemple
DBM_GUI
DBM_Hyjal
DBM_Karazhan
DBM_Other
DBM_Serpentshrine
DBM_TheEye
DBM_ZulAman
Enchantrix
EnhTooltip
Gatherer
HealPoints
Informant
Interface
LightHeaded
LightHeaded_NPC_Data
LightHeaded_A20_Data
LightHeaded_H20_Data
LightHeaded_A40_Data
LightHeaded_H40_Data
LightHeaded_A60_Data
LightHeaded_H60_Data
LightHeaded_A80_Data
LightHeaded_H80_Data
LightHeaded_deDE_Data
LightHeaded_Quest_Data
MobHealth
MobInfo2
Omen
Stubby
Titan
titanammo
titanbag
titanbg
titanclock
titancoords
titanhonormarks
titanhonorview
titanitembonuses
titanmoney
titanperformance
titanregen
titanrepair
titanrider
titanstanceset
titanxp
tomtom

thats it i have some older mods but those are not in use anymore and are disabled

hope anyone can help me get this working

thx in advanced
03-17-08, 01:46 PM   #4
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

Been a long time since I used Titan but I don't think Titan_Coords should be interfering. Gatherer should be gtg too but otherwise I don't see anything that stands out. Everything updated? Are you getting any errors that you could post? If you were upgrading LightHeaded (actually, even if you weren't) you might try deleting it's folders and reinstalling it.

03-17-08, 04:46 PM   #5
copywizard
A Defias Bandit
just found out that the friend who mailed me the addon (tomtom+lightheaded) that he found i needed this cuz it was pretty sweet and he told me 20 min ago he had it working fine on his version of wow with gatherer and with titan coords he got nearly the same addons as i have and he even has an arrow above his head like on an real tomtom that points the way for him ?? i never knew that was posibble is there anwyay i could get both the way points on my minimap and the arrow above my head like my friend has???

p.s. thx alot for the help Gemini_II but when my friend has nearly the same addons as me incl. gatherer and titan coords i dun think that could be the problem?? and i do not get any error massage,s ?? non at all!!!

thx in advanced
03-18-08, 01:59 AM   #6
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
0.) Create a NEW character on a NEW server (so you don't mess up your addon settings.
1.) Disable all addons except TomTom and LightHeaded (and LightHeaded's data addons).
2.) Log into the game on the new character
3.) Open interface options and ensure "Display Lua errors" is selected
4.) Once in-game, type /way 50 50

You should see an arrow or icon pop up on the minimap, and the same waypoint should be displayed on your world map.

5.) Accept your initial quest (do a few of them to be sure)
6.) Open the quest log by pressing "L"
7.) Select a quest, and click on the "End NPC".

You will see a list of locations for that NPC, in blue.

8.) Click one of them.

You should see that location added to the minimap and world map.

This is how LightHeaded is supposed to work. If it works in this setting, then things are installed properly and you have another addon interfering.

Please let us know what you find out.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
03-18-08, 07:37 AM   #7
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

No problem copywizard. We have to ask detailed questions to make sure the obvious hasn't been missed and that all the "easy" stuff is covered. Try out what Cladhaire suggested and we'll go from there. LH is too good of an addon not to enjoy to it's fullest.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Cladhaire's Mods » little problem with lightheaded and tomtom