04-12-07, 01:43 PM   #1
Frella
A Kobold Labourer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
WhoDat

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...34-WhoDat.html

WhoDat is a guild tool which facillitates figuring just who someone in your own guild really is... well, at least who their Main is.

Basically, it modifies comm channel traffic (configurable) looking for folks in your guild and if they are on an alt, it places (Main) after their name, inside the []'s. So, guildchat would look something like:

[Guild] [Drena (Frella)]: hey gusy

There are other mods out there which do something similar, I just never found one which did what I was specifically looking for so I wrote my own.

There's a GUI for it (/whodat) which let's you click on a toon and see their mains/alts (by default it shows you the currently online folks, but with a checkbox you can show your entire guild).

The latest version added the WhoDat info to tooltips which pop up when you mouseover someone in your Guild Info window.

I made specific efforts to be compatible with Prat, but there are issues with Cosmos I have yet to resolve (no popup errors, but guildchat does not get modified).

Alts are determined by looking at the Officer note which should be empty except for the name of the Main. So, the following two toons would have onotes like so:

Frella - Frella
Drena - Frella

I plan to change this to something like:

Frella - wd:Frella
Drena - wd:Frella

Which would allow for other information to be in the onote field. Along with this change I will probably also add something like:

<GuildLeader Public Note> - wdn:officer

Where "wdn:officer" can also be "wdn:public" which tells WhoDat to look at the public note instead of the officer note.

For this mod to work, the officer note field must be *viewable* by your guild. It's up to you whether or not you want everyone to edit the field. I encourage that your officers maintain this info, otherwise you will inevitably get bad data returns where folks decide to do something funny or just do it wrong.

So, there it is.

Enjoy,
Frella

P.S. I welcome any and all feedback, please let me know of any errors, suggestions, or feedback you have! Thanks!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » WhoDat