10-01-16, 01:36 AM   #1
Memorize
A Defias Bandit
Frame locks every couple seconds

Ever since the start of this expansion, the Quests module for Carbonite has given me nothing but trouble. At first it was incredible FPS lag, but after updating to the latest version from github a few minutes ago, that is no longer occurring, but a new issue is. If I have the quest module active, every few seconds in game, roughly the amount of time to walk 3 steps forward, everything will lock up for about half a second and then resume. I disabled every single addon I had except Carbonite, and this issue still occurs, even with no other addons enabled. But when I disable the quests module, the game runs perfectly.

Another thing I've noticed with the quests module that may be related is that all the criteria for quests are blank. It just says "0/1: " and goes into no further detail than that. I've been really hoping that this module would be fixed by now, but at this rate I'm worried they might never be fixed.
10-01-16, 05:35 AM   #2
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Memorize View Post
Ever since the start of this expansion, the Quests module for Carbonite has given me nothing but trouble. At first it was incredible FPS lag, but after updating to the latest version from github a few minutes ago, that is no longer occurring, but a new issue is. If I have the quest module active, every few seconds in game, roughly the amount of time to walk 3 steps forward, everything will lock up for about half a second and then resume. I disabled every single addon I had except Carbonite, and this issue still occurs, even with no other addons enabled. But when I disable the quests module, the game runs perfectly.

Another thing I've noticed with the quests module that may be related is that all the criteria for quests are blank. It just says "0/1: " and goes into no further detail than that. I've been really hoping that this module would be fixed by now, but at this rate I'm worried they might never be fixed.
We need more information:
- u dont have any errors?
- is this latest from github, since its updated unregural and u can miss some fixes
- are u ally or horde?
- is this 110 or leveling character? if so which level
- give us some links to quests that works bad
10-01-16, 08:21 AM   #3
Memorize
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by ircdirk View Post
We need more information:
- u dont have any errors?
- is this latest from github, since its updated unregural and u can miss some fixes
- are u ally or horde?
- is this 110 or leveling character? if so which level
- give us some links to quests that works bad
After enabling lua errors and reloading, none are appearing. I'm sure it is the latest as I downloaded it from the link in your signature. I'm Horde, 110, world quests unlocked. It seems that the quest tracking and criteria are now working properly and everything is populated. I can try and get a video of it happening if it would help.

Edit: I am also not tracking that achievement. I completed it a couple weeks ago and have not tracked it since then.

Edit: Disregard the above. I have fixed it. I double checked the Variety is the Spice of Life achievement, and even though it was completed, the game was still tracking it. I didn't realize I would have to manually untrack even after it was completed. Everything is now working properly!

Last edit: After more testing and all addons were re-enabled, the quest tracker started showing blank criteria again. I was able to narrow it down to TSM having some sort of issue with the quest tracker. No idea why those two would have issues as they are unrelated, but disabling TSM fixed quest tracking.

Last edited by Memorize : 10-01-16 at 08:37 AM. Reason: I'm an idiot
10-02-16, 03:51 AM   #4
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Memorize View Post
After enabling lua errors and reloading, none are appearing. I'm sure it is the latest as I downloaded it from the link in your signature. I'm Horde, 110, world quests unlocked. It seems that the quest tracking and criteria are now working properly and everything is populated. I can try and get a video of it happening if it would help.

Edit: I am also not tracking that achievement. I completed it a couple weeks ago and have not tracked it since then.

Edit: Disregard the above. I have fixed it. I double checked the Variety is the Spice of Life achievement, and even though it was completed, the game was still tracking it. I didn't realize I would have to manually untrack even after it was completed. Everything is now working properly!

Last edit: After more testing and all addons were re-enabled, the quest tracker started showing blank criteria again. I was able to narrow it down to TSM having some sort of issue with the quest tracker. No idea why those two would have issues as they are unrelated, but disabling TSM fixed quest tracking.
I use TSM + Carbonie with all modules and no problems, there might be other incomatiblity TSM + Carbonite + other addon are incompatible, try TSM + Carb only
10-01-16, 07:47 AM   #5
Svegan
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Same problem in my hunter, 3 steps, pause. on taxi, 3 flaps of the wing, pause. Problem is tracking the Variety is the Spice of Life achievement. Every other achievement is fine, but track that one, and you get the 3 step pause. No real fps drop, just pause every 3 steps. I believe it to be a blizzard bug.
10-01-16, 09:48 PM   #6
Svegan
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Glad to know that the quest module was not the culprit. Enjoy!!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Quests Module » Frame locks every couple seconds