08-16-07, 01:30 PM   #1
joeltd
A Defias Bandit
Need help with tooltip

Is there a mod that lets me move where the tooltip apears? Not sure if I am calling it by the right name though, what I am talking about is when you hover your mouse over your icons like your bags and other bar icons.
08-16-07, 01:43 PM   #2
Kyahx
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There are quite a few to choose from.

I'd personally recommend TinyTip, but I'm sure you can track down some other alternatives by using WoWInterface's amazing 'Search' feature :P

TinyTip!
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...6-TinyTip.html

Downloads Search!
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/search.php?
08-16-07, 01:58 PM   #3
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Cowtip. It also shows guild name,rank, health mana, target and more.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
08-16-07, 02:04 PM   #4
Kyahx
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Um, TinyTip can also do all of that, without requiring 13 extra libraries and with no need to learn a new psudo-language (DogTags) (Yes I know the version on WoWI also uses Ace2, but the next version is going to be stand-alone. Thrae is currently re-writing TinyTip, allthou I have no idea when the new version will be release quality)

I'd rather use something that's nice out-of-the-box and requires minimal configuration and updating, but maybe that's just me :P
08-16-07, 02:27 PM   #5
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Kyahx
Um, TinyTip can also do all of that, without requiring 13 extra libraries and with no need to learn a new psudo-language (DogTags) (Yes I know the version on WoWI also uses Ace2, but the next version is going to be stand-alone. Thrae is currently re-writing TinyTip, allthou I have no idea when the new version will be release quality)

I'd rather use something that's nice out-of-the-box and requires minimal configuration and updating, but maybe that's just me :P
I'm not trying to sart anything, but if you already use some ace addons, chance is you already have those libs. That's if you don't use embedded ones. I used tinytip for a while, then I found cowtip that had everything I wanted in one, unlike tinytip that requires me to download tintytipextras.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
08-16-07, 02:28 PM   #6
Hellarion
A Black Drake

tiny tip is awesome...ctmod lets u set the anchor for the tips as well plus you get all the neat stuff that comes along with it mass mail etc...
08-16-07, 02:45 PM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
LitheTooltipDoctor lets you anchor it wherever you like as well.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-16-07, 02:58 PM   #8
Rigorous
Noggenfogger Anonymous

Originally Posted by Kyahx
the only configuring i did when switching from TinyTip to CowTip was to tell it where i wanted my tooltip located.

i had a little problem with CowTip at one point and switched back to TinyTip. giving up all the info CowTip was giving me that i had gotten used to made me go back and find the problem with CowTip so I could use it again. can't imagine giving it up now.

and like Dread said, if you are running many Ace2 mods, there's a good chance you are already loading those libraries anyway...and i run an almost entirely Ace2 interface, so no matter to me.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Need help with tooltip