11-15-08, 07:55 AM   #1
Trifler
A Defias Bandit
Addon Request - Blacklist/Cool list player tracker

I used to use an addon called Blacklist that I am missing badly. Blacklist basically was an addon used to track people that pissed you off and when you moused over them it would play a sound or flash the screen if you wanted and put on the screen the reason for them being blacklisted. Also I was hoping someone would add the ability to also track cool people that you like for whatever reason. I am back to pen and paper basically to track these people. I know almost nothing of writing addons but it would seem that this shouldn't be super complicated for those of you with a lot of experience writing this kind of stuff. If someone does do it and adds the cool people portion rename it! Studs & Puds or something =).

Thanks in advance.
11-15-08, 11:07 AM   #2
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Maybe this could be something for you?
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...rtracking.html
11-15-08, 04:27 PM   #3
shinzon
A Fallenroot Satyr
well i miss blacklist to its really needed on a pvp server hehe to keep track of who ganked you and its so simple to use compared to the one linked ^^
11-15-08, 11:53 PM   #4
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...Badapples.html

Maybe that one then?
11-16-08, 02:06 AM   #5
Trifler
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Psoewish View Post
Maybe this could be something for you?
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...rtracking.html
Thanks for the suggestions. I installed karma and tried it out. Id consider it a miss for what I am looking for. Badapples looks closer for sure. I will give it a shot but I think its missing the cool person portion I was hoping for.
11-16-08, 02:40 AM   #6
Kleo
A Theradrim Guardian
I use DoIKnowYou and I love it. I can mark all my black and white list people, and it auto-shares in the guild for other people with the add-on too. There's a visual colour marker by a person's name if they talk in trade or something, and it notifies you with a warning and your note about the person if they whisper you, if you join a group with them, that kind of thing. And it shows in the tooltip when you mouse over them. It shares across all your characters, too.
11-17-08, 05:09 PM   #7
Trifler
A Defias Bandit
I spent a couple days using doIknow you. I don't like it. First off I don't need everyone in my guild knowing what I know. They can decide for themselves about a person. Second the interface was confusing to me (mostly the part where you are looking at your current list). I couldnt figure out how to remove someone for 1 thing. Blacklist was PERFECT except that it just kept of blacklisted people (hence the name I guess) haha. Super simple interface. You have a list of names and you click on them to see what the notes are on them. It plays a sound and will flash the screen when you mouse over, they talk in chat, or any of that kind of thing. Super easy to add and remove people.

Someone pls take over blacklist and don't change anything just add the abiliity to add cool people also.

Last edited by Trifler : 11-17-08 at 05:27 PM.
11-18-08, 03:53 AM   #8
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

I have found something else here, maybe that'll do it.
http://wowui.worldofwar.net/?p=mod&m=3053

It hasn't been updated since last patch, but it does have a note saying it works with WotLK, so I'm not sure of it'll work or not, but that can pretty much store information about players, and allows you to set if you like them, dislike them, or if they're neutral to you.

I think this is what you need :P
11-18-08, 07:16 AM   #9
Mera
Retired of WoW, In ESO :)

Premium Member
maybe out of subject but if you want the same for blacklisting the opponent faction players like ganking/pvp stats, setup wanted players list and interact with the other users having the addon to find badass in your wanted list, or any other proximity warnings, there is a very good one called VanasKos.
Mera[xeh]? - La CroisadeEcarlate (wow)
11-19-08, 07:47 AM   #10
shinzon
A Fallenroot Satyr
well i use vanaskos atm since black list dont work and to be honest i hate vanaskos i got some on the kos list and it tells me that the person is around me some where just one problem i dont see the one anywhere and when i look in th combat log there he is cant use that for anything thats why blacklist is way better you get a sound when you mouse over one you got on the list yeah i know vanaskos does that to but not when you mouse over them so if someone that know how to fix blacklist please do so

Last edited by shinzon : 11-29-08 at 01:58 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Addon Request - Blacklist/Cool list player tracker