11-14-07, 08:46 PM   #1
Wowgamer233
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

gmail wow addon

I've been using and loving a mod called GMail for a long time due to the bulk mail capabilities. It's worked flawlessly for a long time and along comes patch 2.3...

I realize that Blizz has now added a form of bulk mail but Gmail also has the ability to select some or all items in the mailbox and grab them. That's really the feature I'm looking to keep (or maybe replace with another mod ??)

It's now throwing errors when at the mailbox and the whole mailbox shows empty when I know I have mail (confirmed by disabling and re-enabling the mod)...

[2007/11/14 21:42:48-3111-x2]: GMail-2.0\GMail.lua:944: AceHook-2.1: Bad argument #2 to `IsHooked' (string or table expected, got nil)
ABFu-1.1\libs\AceLibrary\AceLibrary.lua:133: in function <Interface\AddOns\ABFu\libs\AceLibrary\AceLibrary.lua:86>
(tail call): ?:
AceHook-2.1-40869 (Ace2):466: in function `IsHooked'
GMail-2.0\GMail.lua:944: in function `Forward_EnableForward'
GMail-2.0\GMail.lua:198: in function <Interface\AddOns\GMail\GMail.lua:178>
(tail call): ?:
<string>:"*:OnClick":1: in function <[string "*:OnClick"]:1>

I've looked on the WowAceUpdater and at several standard addon web sites, i.e. Wowinterface.com, Curse, etc. I've also Googled it every way I can think. No luck in finding it.

Here's the toc header...

## Interface: 20000
## Version: 2.0
## Title: GMail |cff7fff7f -Ace2-|r
## Notes: Adds Inbox Management and Mass Mailing to the Mail UI
## Notes-zhTW: 群發郵件
## Author: Grennon
## X-Category: Mail
## OptionalDeps: Ace2

Anyone have an updated version or know any locations where it might live / be hosted ?

Many thanks in advance folks.

EDIT : Hmmm.. well I just Googled "Grennon and gmail" - hits but no updates seem available...

Last edited by Wowgamer233 : 11-14-07 at 08:57 PM.
11-14-07, 09:20 PM   #2
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Zmail and Postal are great replacements for gmail. I used gmail a long time ago but switched to postal then I switched to zmail last week and love it.

Anyhow, I know that doesn't address your questions but Gmail isn't being updated anymore if I recall and it actually now Postal.

Info on the change is here

It's listed in WAU btw.

Hope that's helpful.
11-14-07, 10:26 PM   #3
Wowgamer233
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Many thanks

Originally Posted by Syxx
Zmail and Postal are great replacements for gmail. I used gmail a long time ago but switched to postal then I switched to zmail last week and love it.

Anyhow, I know that doesn't address your questions but Gmail isn't being updated anymore if I recall and it actually now Postal.

Info on the change is here

It's listed in WAU btw.

Hope that's helpful.
Very much appreciated. I'm making the move now to the mods you recommend.
11-14-07, 11:04 PM   #4
Jazradel
An Aku'mai Servant
I just a mod called OpenAll, which simply opens them all. It uses up a tiny fraction of the system resources those other ones do, but it doesn't have sorting capabilites/whatever.
11-14-07, 11:43 PM   #5
seebs
Premium Member
Premium Member
simplemail just got updated. It doesn't know about multiple slots yet, but it does an okay job at grabbing everything from the mailbox, at least when everything has only one slot occupied.
11-15-07, 12:59 AM   #6
Hellarion
A Black Drake

i updated postal like 3x today and still get an error..doesn't stop its functions but sometimes gets annoying..
11-15-07, 04:45 AM   #7
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

I'm getting the same weird errors with zMail. I turned it off and reinstalled Postal to see if perhaps it was just the mail mods screwing up and it still errors. Not sure what the deal is.
Though I get two errors when I open my mail I just can't figure out how to fix them.
One if a framexml error and the other is with sellfish onevent and/or onmouseover or soemthing.
I'm sure it'll sort itself out. They work just fine but I had to turn off bugsacks sound on error. It was driving me nuts "Fataility, Fataility, Fataility, Fataility, Fataility, Fataility, Fataility, Fataility!"

11-15-07, 04:47 AM   #8
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by Wowgamer233
Very much appreciated. I'm making the move now to the mods you recommend.
I'd just pick one. I wouldn't run them both at the same time.
I'm sorry if I didn't make that very clear. Postal is Grennon's successor to Gmail. zMail is a completely seperate mod made by another person. Sadly, his mod info here at WoWI is all chinese or something so I have no idea what it says. But it worKs great!
11-15-07, 10:38 AM   #9
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Someone (not Grennon) commited a fix to Postal last night that got rid of the AceHook errors for me.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-15-07, 05:45 PM   #10
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by Seerah
Someone (not Grennon) commited a fix to Postal last night that got rid of the AceHook errors for me.
Excellent, that's for the info Seerah. Perhaps I'll go try postal again. I do kind of miss it.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » gmail wow addon