Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Pete
General
As I understand plugins are used to
  1. tie Clique to special unitframes
    I use ag_UnitFrames currently, so I can adapt Clique in this plugin to behave specifically / differently for these frames. The functionality for a click is determined by
    plugin behaviour -> Clique behaviour ->Blizzard standard
    So if I would want special behaviour for , lets say aUF, PerfectRaid and Blizzard frames I would enter the necessary code into these plugins ?
  2. provide addition functionality
    So I can use plugins to introduce functions / methods around classes / buttons whatsoever.
Your understanding here is not clear. Plugins are used for two reasons, to provide the hooks and code necessary to hook into a set of unit frames, or to provide functionality to clique (i.e. custom click sets, heal selection logic, etc). A plugin defines the way clique interacts with a unit frame, but that should be standard across all plugins.

Q: i have not worked out chat commands.
It seems Clique doesn't have a chat command itself, the plugins are listed when I type ace2 list ace2 but I cant enable/disable them.
Could somebody help and explain what I missed ?
You don't need to enable/disable plugins. They load only the necessary ones automatically. If you dont' want a plugin, delete it from the folder.

Q: adapting plugins I get the button and the unit, but the Alt/Shft/Ctrl keys have to be determined by IsControlKeyDown(), IsShiftKeyDown(), IsAltKeyDown() ?
So this will result in a rather complex nested structure if I want to determine Alt+key, but not Alt+Ctrl+key or Alt+Shft+Key or Alt+Ctrl+Shft+key etc., or is there a better way ?
Any more useful vars other than unit, button (f.e. dead, friendly, hostile, ...) ?
You should not be doing any of this. Open your spellbook, and click on spells. Plugins are ONLY to be used for purposes stated above, i.e. as a user you should not be writing plugins.

Q: As the strength of Clique ( to my opinion anyway) is around the plugin system, are there any community examples around other than the ones Cladhaire has thankfully already provided ?
Many of the plugins are written by unit frame authors. If there's somethinfg specific you want to do, ask here-- but plugins are probably NOT the answer.

Q: Anything important around the plugin system I forgot to ask but would be useful ?
Yes.. you shouldn't be using it =)
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
09-15-06, 12:08 PM   #242
Pete
A Murloc Raider
Thank you Cladhaire, it's quite clear now after your quick response to my questions.

As you said I was definitely not clear about the focus of Clique, and the role of the plugin system.

To explain where I came from: I am desperately trying to get rid of CastParty, the mod I use for healing classes. The mod has become too bloated and unusable for raids, and the only reason I kept it was the unitframe, which integrates unobstrusively into the screen if no healing required.

Now I have started to use agUF (hacked for grow-with-depletion bars) and standard blizz frames together with Clique, and I wanted different behaviour for the blizz and the agUF frames.

It seems the easiest way is to delete the Clique blizz plugin to get standard behaviour and confgure Clique for use with agUF.

To save the configuration I probably have to save the Clique.lua vars in the WTF folder, right ?

Thx
09-15-06, 01:52 PM   #243
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Pete
Thank you Cladhaire, it's quite clear now after your quick response to my questions.

As you said I was definitely not clear about the focus of Clique, and the role of the plugin system.

To explain where I came from: I am desperately trying to get rid of CastParty, the mod I use for healing classes. The mod has become too bloated and unusable for raids, and the only reason I kept it was the unitframe, which integrates unobstrusively into the screen if no healing required.

Now I have started to use agUF (hacked for grow-with-depletion bars) and standard blizz frames together with Clique, and I wanted different behaviour for the blizz and the agUF frames.

It seems the easiest way is to delete the Clique blizz plugin to get standard behaviour and confgure Clique for use with agUF.

To save the configuration I probably have to save the Clique.lua vars in the WTF folder, right ?

Thx

All you should have to do is delete the blizz plugin, and you'll have clique on aguf, and not on blizz, that's correct =)
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
09-16-06, 12:24 PM   #244
Pete
A Murloc Raider
So far all is working well, a little challenge though if it is feasible at all: what are the difficulties to introduce a doubleclick option ?

I know it's not supported by the WoW API, but what would be the difficulties / obstacles ?

09-18-06, 11:52 AM   #245
Shak
A Kobold Labourer
ok - i think i've figured out what i want to do

i'd like to execute a macro when i click on a unitframe - the macro references another mod

but I think i can put that macro into my action bar and then do this - (i'm not able to confirm as i'm at work)

Clique:TargetUnit() <---- do i need this?
UseAction(2) <---- assuming my macro is in action bar1, slot 2

so my questions are related to targeting
1. do i need line 1?
2. do i need another line at the bottom - that will targetlasttaget. I really don't want to change targets, but i want to cast something on whomever i click.

thanks in advance
09-18-06, 11:57 AM   #246
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Find out what function the macro is calling, and do it all natively. This would be a hack, but it would work to a degree.

All macros have underlying LUA functions.
09-19-06, 09:45 PM   #247
eluned
A Defias Bandit
IsBuffActive and Clique

Hello, thanks for all your hard work on this.

I'd really like to figure out how to integrate IsBuffActive with Clique. In a macro I have that goes like this:

/script if (not IsBuffActive("Renew", "target")) then CastSpellByName("Renew"); end;

I keep from pissing away my mana on renews when I don't need to.

This would be helpful on my druid for Rejuv as well, and I'm sure there are uses for pallies or other classes.

Sadly, I'm a noob and can't figure out how to integrate this stuff into Clique's use of straight lua. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
09-20-06, 06:28 AM   #248
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Create a new custom script:

-- Cast Renew, only if there isn't a Renew on the target
Clique:NewSpell("Renew")

could also do:

-- Cast Rejuvenation, if there isn't a Renew on the target
Clique:NewSpell("Rejuvenation")

potentially even something wacky like:

-- Cast Renew if there isn't a Weakened Sould on the target
Clique:NewSpell("Renew", "Weakened Soul")

-- Cast Swiftmend if there is a Regrowth or Rejuvenation on the target, else cast regrowth
if Clique:IsBuffActive("Regrowth") or Clique:IsBuffActive("Rejuvenation") then Clique:CastSpell("Swiftmend") else Clique:CastSpell("Regrowth") end
09-20-06, 10:33 AM   #249
sixstring
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Cladhaire
Find out what function the macro is calling, and do it all natively. This would be a hack, but it would work to a degree.

All macros have underlying LUA functions.
how would I find the LUA code for a particular mod? I for instance want to use my DoctorDruid macros alongside clique
09-20-06, 10:43 AM   #250
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
look for the slash command handler, i.e. search for "/ddruid" or whatever it is. It shoudl define a function to handler slash commands, you can call that directly if worse comes to worse.
09-20-06, 09:25 PM   #251
Mita
A Fallenroot Satyr
Having some problems

I love the mod but I am having a few problems.

1: I lose my target. I used to have what ever mob I am targeting stay there as I was healing.
2: When I am in a five man. Default blizzard party. If I heal a pet it heals its owner instead.
3: When in a raid I use CT-Raid and pull out my party from blizzard raid bars. Healing targets work on ct-raid but not blizzards.

Did I miss a patch?

Mita
09-21-06, 02:08 AM   #252
Paulbino
A Murloc Raider
I use this thing like mad, but I have a problem...

Interface\AddOns\Ace2\AceConsole-2.0\AceConsole-2.0.lua:1501:AceHook-2.0: There is a stale hook for "OnTabPresed" can't hook or reactivate.

After which the addon refuses to load... I had gotten this problem before and rolled back to release 6... which fixed it... but recently I forgot and updated the addon again, which brought me back to the very same problem... except rolling back doesn't seem to be fixing it anymore...

I posted about it here:
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=6255
but nobody has replied yet, and I'm a crappy healer without your addon...

Edit: I removed all of the libraries from my AddOns as well as Ace 2 and now I simply get an error about the first plugin it tries to install that I don't have the Addon for... so I'm going through deleting all the ones I don't need so that it will stop... is there any way to make it so that this stops itself?

Last edited by Paulbino : 09-21-06 at 03:01 AM.
09-21-06, 04:13 AM   #253
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Mita
I love the mod but I am having a few problems.

1: I lose my target. I used to have what ever mob I am targeting stay there as I was healing.
2: When I am in a five man. Default blizzard party. If I heal a pet it heals its owner instead.
3: When in a raid I use CT-Raid and pull out my party from blizzard raid bars. Healing targets work on ct-raid but not blizzards.

Did I miss a patch?

Mita
1. What unit frames. Reports like this are useless without knowing what unit frames you are using.
2. Pet frames aren't currently set up or working, file a bug report.
3. THey are entirely different plugins, and they should work just fine. File a bug report.
09-21-06, 04:17 AM   #254
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Paulbino
I use this thing like mad, but I have a problem...

Interface\AddOns\Ace2\AceConsole-2.0\AceConsole-2.0.lua:1501:AceHook-2.0: There is a stale hook for "OnTabPresed" can't hook or reactivate.

After which the addon refuses to load... I had gotten this problem before and rolled back to release 6... which fixed it... but recently I forgot and updated the addon again, which brought me back to the very same problem... except rolling back doesn't seem to be fixing it anymore...

I posted about it here:
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=6255
but nobody has replied yet, and I'm a crappy healer without your addon...

Edit: I removed all of the libraries from my AddOns as well as Ace 2 and now I simply get an error about the first plugin it tries to install that I don't have the Addon for... so I'm going through deleting all the ones I don't need so that it will stop... is there any way to make it so that this stops itself?
Disable ALL addons except Clique and your unit frames (get rid of Ace2 unless you know what you're doing). If you can reproduce the error, then post another bug report. The only part of Clique that does anything with OnTabPressed is FAIAP which is used for syntax highlighting.

The error message you are getting is a valid one, but isn't a Clique bug.
09-21-06, 08:05 AM   #255
Paulbino
A Murloc Raider
Disable ALL addons except Clique and your unit frames (get rid of Ace2 unless you know what you're doing). If you can reproduce the error, then post another bug report. The only part of Clique that does anything with OnTabPressed is FAIAP which is used for syntax highlighting.

The error message you are getting is a valid one, but isn't a Clique bug.
I disabled everything, removed Clique entirely and reinstalled it and it ran just fine. Then I turned everything back on one at a time and there were no errors.

I had Ace 2 on there because I was beta-testing a program based on Decursive that was supposed to cast scrolls based on class... the dependency was built in but the Ace 2 was not... and the addon sort of fell through...

Anyways, it seems like deleting Ace 2 and the libraries and then reinstalling is what fixed it...
09-21-06, 09:27 AM   #256
Mita
A Fallenroot Satyr
1. What unit frames. Reports like this are useless without knowing what unit frames you are using.
2. Pet frames aren't currently set up or working, file a bug report.
3. THey are entirely different plugins, and they should work just fine. File a bug report.
I am using ct-raid current version. I have no custum unit frames.

As far as filing a bug report. Where? I thought I just did...

: )

EDIT: I found bug reports

Last edited by Mita : 09-21-06 at 09:41 AM.
09-21-06, 09:35 AM   #257
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
http://cladhaire.wowinterface.com/po...d=8&a=listbugs
09-21-06, 09:56 AM   #258
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Mita
I am using ct-raid current version. I have no custum unit frames.

As far as filing a bug report. Where? I thought I just did...

: )

EDIT: I found bug reports
CTRaid is a custom unit frame.
09-21-06, 10:25 AM   #259
Mita
A Fallenroot Satyr
But ct-raid works fine. Its standard raid bars that don't well except for loosing target that is.
09-21-06, 10:27 AM   #260
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
yep, reading comprehension for the win =(.

Again I'll try to push some time this weekend to clear out the bug lists for PR and Clique.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Cladhaire's Mods » Clique Beta Released!