10-02-12, 08:00 PM   #1
Spahut
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Stopping wow's quest list

When I click on an item in Carbonites quest list, Wow also switches its quest list on, so now i have the same quest twice on the screen - can I get Wow to stop adding its info?

This is Rythal's version.

10-02-12, 08:22 PM   #2
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
You can hide it with /script WatchFrame:Hide()

but my guess is one of your other addons is making it show since carbonite continuously tries to hide it if it is showing (I can use /script WatchFrame:Show() and it'll pop up but within seconds it's hidden again).

10-02-12, 09:02 PM   #3
Spahut
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Sorry for assuming it was carbonite

Server just went down, but I'll check the other addons later.

I better not use the script, because then in a few months I've forgotten it and get annoyed when i can't find the frame again

10-02-12, 10:47 PM   #4
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by Spahut View Post
Sorry for assuming it was carbonite

Server just went down, but I'll check the other addons later.

I better not use the script, because then in a few months I've forgotten it and get annoyed when i can't find the frame again
it's a per login thing, so you can use the script command safely

10-02-12, 11:09 PM   #5
Linear
A Defias Bandit
Nope...

This definitely isn't working as intended, this is happening to me as well; shut down all other addons, went so far as to remove any trace of quest related addons from Wow's respective folders... and Carbonite is not auto-hiding the blizz tracker no matter what.

Should note that I tried QuestGuru, since it has an explicit option to hide the blizz tracker, and while active it succeeded in keeping it hidden. Of course, would rather not have to load this additional addon just for this purpose, especially since it just puts up its own tracker.

10-02-12, 11:21 PM   #6
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
in some ways it is working as intended, people wanted quest blobs to see where to go, the only way to do that was to flag the current watched quest as tracked.

But i'm not sure why mine stays hidden at all times achievements or no, other addons or no... yet other's are having the problem.. unless....

there is an option under Quest Watch: Show challenge timers / scenario objectives / tracked achievements ..... is that checked?

10-02-12, 11:04 PM   #7
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It's been a little while, but I found I had that problem if I was watching any achievements. Whenever I would log into a character, /reload, or switch zones the Blizzard quest watch would show up. Now, I keep my Carbonite Quest Watch window fixed size and minimized, so all I had to do was maximize, then minimize, it and Blizzards quest watch went away. Until I would change zones or did something and I had to /reload my UI, or switched toons. Then it came back. I finally installed WatchFrameRemover to solve the problem with my set up.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Stopping wow's quest list