05-01-12, 03:59 PM   #1
jjforums
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn to show where a NPC is?

Is there a AddOn to show where a NPC is? And show it on map?
05-01-12, 04:14 PM   #2
Talyrius
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Can you be more specific? Are you referring to the way in which hunters are able to track things or just the general location of where an NPC can be found? The latter is possible, the former is not.
05-01-12, 04:26 PM   #3
jjforums
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Just the location, doesn't have to be specifc like a hunter's track, just a number in the map pointing to the place where npc is just helps.
05-01-12, 06:33 PM   #4
Othgar
"That" Guy

If you're looking for rares, then NPCscan combined with NPCscan.Overlay will tell you where they spawn and wander and if one is found it will bring up a notification frame that you can click on to target them. If you're looking for regular NPC's though, I don't believe there is an addon for that.

05-01-12, 06:39 PM   #5
jjforums
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
I think HandyNotes can do it, Carbonite kind of do it too, but the database misses a lot of NPCs, trainers, etc... I'll search more.

Thanks.
05-02-12, 05:08 AM   #6
Nimhfree
A Frostmaul Preserver
If you want NPCs associated with giving quests or turning in quests then Wholly and Grail can do that. The list of NPCs is quite large though, so Grail limits itself to only those associated with quests.
05-02-12, 02:23 PM   #7
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

MobMap is another that contains a searchable/plottable DB of nearly everything. It's not hosted on either WowInterface or Curse though. It has it's own website and uses an executable file for install and updates *I think*. It's been a year or two since I've used it. It was safe at the time and I don't believe that has changed. Google "MobMap addon" and if should be the first listing if you want to give it a go.

There's another one styled similarly to MobMap that I cannot remember right now also :/
05-03-12, 04:28 AM   #8
jjforums
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
I'm using MobMap, but if you remember please post.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » AddOn to show where a NPC is?