04-03-07, 02:40 PM   #1
Ryanzi
A Defias Bandit
How to put the target up at top

Yes the title says it how to put it op at the top and why how can i change the hordes to be red.
04-03-07, 02:43 PM   #2
Ryanzi
A Defias Bandit
And myself at the top
04-03-07, 06:09 PM   #3
123noob
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
What do you mean by putting the target up at the top? are you saying it as in frame level wise? or as in putting the target at the top of the screen etc...
04-03-07, 06:55 PM   #4
Meraxes
An Aku'mai Servant
Heh I believe what they want is to be able to put the "PLayer" and "Target" unitframes up in the top left, or top center of thier screen, similar to how blizzard has it originally.

I wanted to do the same thing myself, and have successfully done so using a combination of MoveAnything (seperate download), Discord Unit Frames (From MazzleUI), and a few choice commented lines from "MazzleUI_Frames.lua".

The end result looks like the shot below:

Full Size Click Here

It wasn't easy to get right and I don't recommend you even attempt it unless your familar with LUA files and how to edit them by hand.

I won't post the code here just yet since it would probably do more harm then good, but if enough people want to be able to move the target box (which is the only tricky part due to the frame art), perhaps Mazzle will add that to his list of requests.

For my part I will say putting the target dead center bottom is almost the worst place for such an item. Sure you can train your eyes to look there, like anywhere else on the screen, but top left or top right are actually the best places for 'necessary' information, any good UI design engineer will tell you that. Don't get me wrong, Mazzle did a great job here, but a few items could have had a bit better placement for the 'average' user. Hopefully future versions of the UI might include some alternate placements of frames and chat windows.
04-03-07, 06:58 PM   #5
Kierrkian
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
I think he is talking about moving the 3D Target and his own 3D toon. Those things are hard coded into the MazzleUI. I know some people say that MoveAnything will move them but I have not tried this.
04-03-07, 07:09 PM   #6
Meraxes
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Kierrkian
I think he is talking about moving the 3D Target and his own 3D toon. Those things are hard coded into the MazzleUI. I know some people say that MoveAnything will move them but I have not tried this.
Yes MoveAnything will move them, however it's a bit tricky since there seems to be some function that will re-move the 3D item once you turn off the MoveAnything's moveframe.. the solution is to go into the MoveAnything.lua savevariables file and edit the X and Y coordinates by hand, relogin and see how it looks, log out, re-edit, log back in and look, etc.. till you have it right

My UI shot at the top has them successfully moved.
04-04-07, 03:17 AM   #7
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Meraxes
For my part I will say putting the target dead center bottom is almost the worst place for such an item. Sure you can train your eyes to look there, like anywhere else on the screen, but top left or top right are actually the best places for 'necessary' information, any good UI design engineer will tell you that.
I completely disagree. Users accustomed to the corners may have a hard time getting used to it at the bottom, but I don't think there's any intrinsic property to the corners that makes them better for necessary information.

In fact, I think the exact opposite is true. Things closers to the area of focus in this domain, i.e. the center of the screen, are far easier to track. Obviously, the center itself needs to be unobstructed, so I chose the center bottom. I chose that instead of the center top since it's far less likely to interfere with targeting or seeing things that are tall or far away.
04-05-07, 09:31 AM   #8
Leeroi
A Fallenroot Satyr
Center > Edges

I concur w/ Mazzlefizz - I also put my most important FuBar mods in the middle (top bar) and the 2nd most important mods on the left, and least important mods on the right. Having to shift my view to either extreme left or right breaks my focus too much on the center - where the action is (I tank as a Warrior, so I don't do a lot of ranged work). I need my critcal info as close to the center as I can can get it, and going a little up or down seems easier (no science behind that, just personal preference) than going left or right.

My $0.02.

Leeroi

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » How to put the target up at top