05-06-13, 01:15 PM   #1
Twink
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Exclamation [5.2.1-Alpha-10r1 bug] Quest tracker not showing

Hey,

I updated to Alpha 10r1.

Since then the quest tracker that goes at the side of the screen will not work.

The bar with the different coloured circle buttons is there, but when I click the minimize/show arrow the quests do not show.

The bar moves to the position I set it to, and the arrow changes to a line, or from a line to an arrow, but the quests never get displayed on my screen.

There are no errors being caught by !BugGrabber or BugSack.

Most quest points show on the map as normal, and opening my quest log displays all of my quests.

I have checked an I AM tracking quests in the log, and the coloured button to track quests is selected on the tracking bar.

05-24-13, 09:14 AM   #2
Twink
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
This is still an issue, but now the quest tracker is stuck OPEN!

The quests do not sort themselves when "auto track" is used, making the tracker useless

Is there a way to fix this, or do I need to completely re-install carbonite?

05-24-13, 09:24 AM   #3
kaiden
A Murloc Raider

I would be ecstatic if this was even acknowledged since everyones making me feel like i'm crazy that i'm one of only a few this happens to... Why would that be I've got the same bugs as Twink here and furthermore I've wiped out my entire UI including WTF and it still happens... So i know it's not me. Also congrats Twink at least your quests now show... mine still do not.

*EDIT* --

Finally to get quests to show I had to Abandon my Battle Pets (Account) Quests... This is bad!

Last edited by kaiden : 05-24-13 at 09:28 AM.

05-24-13, 10:04 AM   #4
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Your not crazy... it's just at this time I have no idea what it could be... it's not to do with pet quests, because I have those and no problems... and it's not something that seems to be affecting most people.

How many quests are in your log?

05-24-13, 10:34 AM   #5
MysticAngel
A Kobold Labourer
New update not working for me at all

Hi all. I don't know what it is I'm doing wrong, but I installed the new beta version of Carbonite this morning and the only thing that happened is that Carbonite's map is integrated with Blizzard's. The quest tracker isn't working; neither is the feature that show how how far I have to go to get to the next quest or town. Can someone help me?

05-24-13, 01:44 PM   #6
kaiden
A Murloc Raider

Rythal, I believe at the time i had 20+, it also seems that when we have high amounts of quests they dont update, or maybe there is some other reason. I have 24 currently and no matter how many quest updates I get the quest watcher never shows any updates.

05-25-13, 04:54 AM   #7
Nobbi
A Murloc Raider
I have the same problem.

I tested with several twinks. The problem comes up when you have 20 quests accepted und then accept the 21st quest.
If you then abondon 1 quest all is ok again.

05-25-13, 08:28 AM   #8
Twink
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
I dont think I have got 20 quests, but I will check later when I log on!

Is there anything I can do or activate (like a debug mode) that might help you pinpoint what is causing the problem?

I dont mind being a test subject if it gets things sorted out

05-25-13, 08:32 AM   #9
kilshandra
A Kobold Labourer
If it helps i have the same problem im not sure how many quests i had as i cannot get the list to come up either. it should be right around the 20 mark also but again im not completely sure thanks

05-25-13, 01:17 PM   #10
Kaboca
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Twink View Post
Hey,

I updated to Alpha 10r1.

Since then the quest tracker that goes at the side of the screen will not work.
I also noticed that when the list is growing upward and the quest tracker is too close to the lower edge of the screen.
I moved it up then at some point the list is appeared again.

05-25-13, 03:22 PM   #11
Othgar
"That" Guy

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I've had this problem a couple of times, even had the standard blizz tracker show up and the carb quest tracker load minimized. So far for me clicking the little minimize button a few times has generally resolved it. Seems to only happen at login and after a reload. I would look somewhere in the minimize function for the quest tracker I think, because after I get it to open up and the blizz tracker goes away it takes several clicks to get the carb version to minimize again.

05-25-13, 03:34 PM   #12
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
it was definitely linked to having more then 20 quests... found the problem and fixed, two bugs down one to go then I can upload r1.

05-26-13, 03:41 PM   #13
Twink
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
it was definitely linked to having more then 20 quests... found the problem and fixed, two bugs down one to go then I can upload r1.
I have the problem on my lvl 7 monk with only 2 quests

05-30-13, 04:40 AM   #14
Twink
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
This is still an issue for me on 5.3.0 Alpha1r1

05-30-13, 07:19 AM   #15
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
The only thing I can think of is conflict with something... have you tried it with no other addon besides carbonite loaded? Or deleting carbonite/carbonite.quests from your wtf folder to do a full reset?

06-02-13, 09:33 AM   #16
Twink
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
The only thing I can think of is conflict with something... have you tried it with no other addon besides carbonite loaded? Or deleting carbonite/carbonite.quests from your wtf folder to do a full reset?
Disabled ALL addons other than the carbonite ones, still an issue.

I have removed the two files + backups files from my WTF folder - no joy.

I then deleted both files and all carbonite folders from my addons folder & reinstalled from curse. No change.

I even disabled all carbonite modules other than the main carbonite & quests, still an issue!

I only have 11 quests.

I found that if I click the minimise button repeatedly then the quest tracker will minimise or maximise sometimes (usually one or two clicks in 10 work at the most)

06-08-13, 11:29 AM   #17
Twink
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
No ideas?

I have reinstalled the addon multiple times (doing a complete delete of every carbonite file in /addons/ and /WTF/) with no such luck, or is there a file held elsewhere that could be bad?

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » [5.2.1-Alpha-10r1 bug] Quest tracker not showing