05-04-11, 10:06 PM   #1
Sinaris
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
channel-ticks on castbar

Hello everybody,

im here to search for a little help for my unitframes.
i searched a while on wowi and google, but i found nothing.

Okay, here it is.

I am looking for a castbar channel tick display.
Maybe if a mage is channeling arcane missiles, or a warlock cast drain life or something like this.

I found the castbar spark, try it out and it works.

But the only thing that is missing, is the tha (channel) ticks on my castbar.

Is there any solution for this?
05-05-11, 03:39 AM   #2
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Aren't ticks depending on haste and spell used. If that is the case wow that would be hard to track.

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)
05-05-11, 02:33 PM   #3
Dawn
A Molten Giant

Take a look at Gnosis. It's a castbar replacement that can show channel ticks. Either grab that part of the code or use it instead of oUF's castbars.

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

05-05-11, 03:04 PM   #4
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Ticks do change based on spell used, but the number of ticks always remains the same for the same given spell. For example, no matter how much haste a warlock has, their Rain of Fire will always have 4 ticks as long as they aren't being hit with anything. Pushback from damage shortens a channeled spell's cast time, therefore reduces the number of ticks the spell gives. Haste only scales the entire thing as a whole, shorter tick delays and shorter cast time.
05-05-11, 03:28 PM   #5
elchefe
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by SDPhantom View Post
Ticks do change based on spell used, but the number of ticks always remains the same for the same given spell. For example, no matter how much haste a warlock has, their Rain of Fire will always have 4 ticks as long as they aren't being hit with anything. Pushback from damage shortens a channeled spell's cast time, therefore reduces the number of ticks the spell gives. Haste only scales the entire thing as a whole, shorter tick delays and shorter cast time.
Some spells gain additional ticks from haste, others do not. E.g. Divine Hymn, Hymn of Hope and Drain Soul gain ticks, Mind Flay and Mind Sear don't.

Pushback shortens channels, but does not always cut the last tick (though it does most of the time). I'm completely unaware how this mechanic currently works.
05-05-11, 05:30 PM   #6
Dawn
A Molten Giant

TBH, I don't think it's worth the hassle. As far as min/max'ing goes, this goes to far.

Just my 2 cents.

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

05-09-11, 07:26 AM   #7
Pyrates
A Cliff Giant

Did you get anywhere with that? I'd be interested in a ouf solution as well

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » oUF (Otravi Unit Frames) » channel-ticks on castbar