11-18-20, 05:20 PM   #1
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Action Bar Cooldown Processing changed ?

Granted I hadn't played much before the pre-patch so the problem could have happened before ( although it hadn't been reported yet ) but ..

I just noticed that my cooldown text isn't being updated on nUI's action bars. I went back to an earlier version to see if I had inadvertently affected it with my recent secure button changes but the code affecting updating and cooldown status is no different between the current version and the version updated for 8.0.1.

Looking at the Blizzard code I could see some Cooldown related changes in actionbutton.lua added in 8.2.5.31960 but despite attempts at getting the extra functionality in ( even in a non combat scenario ) it either breaks nUI or is ignored.

Does anyone recall hitting this problem in the past and how they resolved it in their addons ?

nUI is tracking UPDATE_ACTIONBAR_COOLDOWN like Blizzard does and this updates the text initially but despite the cooldown being updated during the button's update cycle in nUI the numbers do not go down.

In the mean time I will have to persevere as it needs to be working a lot better than this before the expansion is released.

*sigh* the downside of taking over someone elses addon rofl.

Last edited by Xrystal : 11-18-20 at 05:25 PM.
11-19-20, 09:55 PM   #2
kurapica.igas
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
I think it's the ACTIONBAR_UPDATE_COOLDOWN events, misspelled?
11-20-20, 02:39 AM   #3
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by kurapica.igas View Post
I think it's the ACTIONBAR_UPDATE_COOLDOWN events, misspelled?
Yeah thats it .. I typed it wrong on here... the addon has it correct unchanged since it was added in 4.3.

I have incorporated a work around by turning off nUI's control of the cooldown text update and letting users use Blizzard cooldown text option setting to display a working counter.

I was just hoping it was a change that was identified way back when and I had not seen the post to make the appropriate changes at the time. But seeing as there doesn't appear to be any post regarding it or any other responses recognising the problem, it sounds like a nUI specific issue.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Action Bar Cooldown Processing changed ?