07-02-09, 08:08 AM   #1
Ditz42
A Murloc Raider
Remove Completed Quests

Is it possible to make it so that you don't the icons for quests that you have already completed in the Carbonite map? If not could this be implemented?

07-02-09, 08:27 AM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

If you mean to remove the icons for quest's that you've completed prior to installing Carbonite, then no, it's not possible for the addon to do it for you. Blizzard has not given addon Authors a way to get that information.

The only thing you can do, if you know you have completed a quest, is to right click the Quest giver parchment icon on the map, click on completion, and manually check off what you have done.

Ill admit it's a pain, but it's the only way

07-02-09, 06:14 PM   #3
Jezeria
A Defias Bandit
Is it possible to turn off the starter icons (parchement, blue exclamation marks) for quests in total? My map is now festooned in so many of them it's useless without going into each and every one and clicking off all of'em.

07-02-09, 07:25 PM   #4
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Unfortunately no. It's either show all quests or show no quests.

The Blue ! is for Daily quests and can be toggled using on of the buttons on the top of the quest watcher.

If you know you already did a complete chain of quests you can set the LAST (or last quest in chain completed) quest in the chain as complete and every quest before it in that chain will disappear to.

I really wish Blizz would give access to the API that would allow us to see already completed quests. Maybe someday.

07-03-09, 10:39 AM   #5
Jezeria
A Defias Bandit
That got to exactly what I wanted. I missed the little yellow button on the quest watcher labeled "Quest Givers." One click on this and all the quest giver icons vanished which is what I wanted.

It was clear enough, I just didn't see it until your post suggested turning off dailies on the top of the quest watcher.

Thanks!

08-27-09, 01:08 PM   #6
[email protected]
A Kobold Labourer
Quest Givers History

Originally Posted by Sepioth View Post
Unfortunately no. It's either show all quests or show no quests.

The Blue ! is for Daily quests and can be toggled using on of the buttons on the top of the quest watcher.

If you know you already did a complete chain of quests you can set the LAST (or last quest in chain completed) quest in the chain as complete and every quest before it in that chain will disappear to.

I really wish Blizz would give access to the API that would allow us to see already completed quests. Maybe someday.

This is a fairly old post. Has Blizz given access to the completed quest API and if so is there a way to import the completed quest history so you don't see the completed quests givers on the map?

-Steven

Oops, sorry, I was looking at teh join date, not the post date.

Last edited by [email protected] : 08-27-09 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Wrong date

08-30-09, 11:53 PM   #7
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

No Blizzard has not and most likely they never will. If a ton of people asked for it, maybe.

11-07-09, 02:33 AM   #8
darkflwrs
A Defias Bandit
Okay, I read that Carbonite is supposed to automatically take off quests as you complete them as long as it was already installed upon completion. Is that not right? Because in some areas I do have quests givers with old quests I've already done, and in some areas it seems like they aren't there...I'll pay more attention to that, but I've been going through and manually getting rid of them.

11-07-09, 07:44 AM   #9
dubcat
A Defias Bandit

Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
No Blizzard has not and most likely they never will. If a ton of people asked for it, maybe.

Lies, we get access to this in the next patch (3.3)

11-10-09, 01:59 PM   #10
teliot
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by deadca7 View Post
Lies, we get access to this in the next patch (3.3)
At the time of the post you are quoting blizzard showed no intention of offering this feature. The new patch is not out and i do not know if this feature has made it on to the PTR yet.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Remove Completed Quests