01-08-13, 12:33 AM   #1
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Carbonite 5.1.0 is up

Changes: 5.1.0:
- Krasarang Wilds is now a dynamic map changing depending on if your doing 5.0 content or 5.1
- Deeprun Tram zone has been added
- Darkmoon Faire renamed to Darkmoon Island so it shows the name instead of '?'
- Microdungeons are now supported and show on the map properly
- Instances & Scenarios are now dynamic maps created when you zone into one instead of being held in
memory all the time
- First round of Pandaria Gathering Nodes added
- Update Available Message now says what version it thinks is available.

KNOWN CONFLICT:
When your in a microdungeon, npcscan overlay's will display as if your still outside, looking a little odd but harmless.

Last edited by Rythal : 01-08-13 at 12:36 AM.

01-08-13, 09:34 AM   #2
arilen
A Defias Bandit
Rythal THANK you so VERY much for all your work, I don't know how to play with out carbonite, I started using it almost at the same time I started playing wow.

01-08-13, 02:53 PM   #3
Mageleader
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Carbonite 5.1.0 Quest Givers

The option to show quest givers no longer works. you can click on the dot and it with change from faded to yellow to blue but it wont show any of the quest giver locations on the map like it use to. Would really like to see this working again it has helped me a lot with lore master achievements

01-08-13, 11:54 PM   #4
aslanruler
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Mageleader View Post
The option to show quest givers no longer works. you can click on the dot and it with change from faded to yellow to blue but it wont show any of the quest giver locations on the map like it use to. Would really like to see this working again it has helped me a lot with lore master achievements
Quest givers are probably part of the quest database which Rythal hasn't yet tackled, that I know of. Since that database is using the old code that Ry is throwing out anyway, any new stuff in the database has to wait until it is updated to run on newer, more efficient code. Would it be nice to have that back? Oh yea, I know exactly what you are talkin about.

btw: I kinda took your post as being about new content. If you were talking about old world stuff, please, do ignore the oblivious one in the room, babbling fit to sink a battleship.

01-09-13, 06:56 AM   #5
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
it could of been referencing new or old, the same bug that was stopping gathering nodes from appearing on the map affected everything drawn on the map.

01-09-13, 08:47 AM   #6
Shulkman
A Defias Bandit
Big Thanks

I will continue to say it... Big thanks to Rythal for continuing the work. It can't be said enough.

09-04-14, 06:32 PM   #7
Mageleader
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Quest Givers

Is there a way to make the Quest Giver locations only be the quests you haven't done like it use to be? Since I updated to the new Alphas the map now shows all the Quest Givers instead of just the ones with quests I haven't done yet. It also doesn't show Quest Givers for MoP. And if not then it would be great to see again cause I used it a lot and it worked better than Quest Hubber. Even just a quest completed import option would be great or make it so you can click the quest giver Circle Icon thing again to where it only shows uncompleted Quest Givers.

09-05-14, 08:15 AM   #8
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Mageleader View Post
Even just a quest completed import option would be great or make it so you can click the quest giver Circle Icon thing again to where it only shows uncompleted Quest Givers.
I don't know about the rest of your questions but the completed quests import option is already there.

Open Carbonites options and click on the "Quest Module" heading on the left side. On the "Quest Options" tab scroll down, reading the list of options, until you come to "Get Completed Quest Information on Login". Make sure you check that option. Your completed quests will now be updated on every log in.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

09-07-14, 01:38 PM   #9
alvs437
A Defias Bandit
Hello

Where can I download 5.1.0?

09-07-14, 05:18 PM   #10
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

That was a posting from January 8, 2013. What do you want Carbonite 5.1.0 for when Carbonite 5.4.2 Alpha 5 is much better and stable? Get it HERE.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

09-07-14, 09:56 PM   #11
Mageleader
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Importing Completed Quest Database

Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
I don't know about the rest of your questions but the completed quests import option is already there.

Open Carbonites options and click on the "Quest Module" heading on the left side. On the "Quest Options" tab scroll down, reading the list of options, until you come to "Get Completed Quest Information on Login". Make sure you check that option. Your completed quests will now be updated on every log in.
Yeah I found that but it doesn't seem to work Carbonite use to ask if you want it to get the completed quest database after u updated or installed it but now it doesn't and it doesn't seem to import my completed quests either. It will record that I've done new quests but it isn't adding my old completed quests. So what I meant by having an import option is having a manual way of doing it like with the herb and mining nodes

09-08-14, 07:10 PM   #12
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Two things.

1.) What version of Carbonite are you using?

2.) How does Carbonite work if you disable ALL (and I do mean all) of your addons except Carbonite?

09-09-14, 07:23 PM   #13
Mageleader
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Carbonite Quest Givers & Nodes

Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
Two things.

1.) What version of Carbonite are you using?

2.) How does Carbonite work if you disable ALL (and I do mean all) of your addons except Carbonite?
I am using the latest version of carbonite Alpha and its when I upgraded from the last standard version to the Alpha that it stopped importing my completed quest database. When I disable all my addons but carbonite it still works exactly the same as when they are active. Also I just noticed today that when I import mining or herbing node that they aren't showing up on the map like they did with the standard Carbonite. (yes all the settings are set to show the locations) When trying to import the mining or the herbs I get the message GatherMate2_Data_Carbonite is not loaded. I have tried installing GatherMate2 & GatherMate2_Data and it still doesn't imort and it still gives the same message. There is also no GatherMate2_Data_Carbonite in curse or in my addons to turn on or off.

Last edited by Mageleader : 09-09-14 at 07:41 PM.

09-09-14, 11:47 PM   #14
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Curse's automated system marked the carbonite version of gathermate2 as abandoned so you can't find it there anymore. You can find it here on WoWI.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...teEdition.html

09-11-14, 10:02 PM   #15
Mageleader
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
Curse's automated system marked the carbonite version of gathermate2 as abandoned so you can't find it there anymore. You can find it here on WoWI.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...teEdition.html
thanks that worked. now do you know anything about the quest givers or have any plans on adding a manual import for completed quest data base?

09-11-14, 11:56 PM   #16
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
I need to look into it, it's suppose to be getting quest completed info on it's own, but it's possible it's converting it to the old system instead of the new unecrypted numbers.

09-19-14, 06:07 PM   #17
Mageleader
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
I need to look into it, it's suppose to be getting quest completed info on it's own, but it's possible it's converting it to the old system instead of the new unecrypted numbers.
it gets quest info as I complete new quest so if I go on an alt or an area i haven't been before it will start recording that I did those quests but any quests I did before installing the new Alpha Carbonite it records as not done

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite 5.1.0 is up