08-01-08, 11:27 AM   #1
Veniche
Premium Member

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The Onslaught UI - Information without the clutter

Welcome to the feedback thread for my compilation, Onslaught UI.

Please feel free to provide feedback here or in the comments section on the interface page.

Interface Page: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...slaughtUI.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	clean.png
Views:	4303
Size:	1.62 MB
ID:	2079  Click image for larger version

Name:	fullscreen.png
Views:	4377
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	2081  
Attached Files
File Type: txt Onslaught UI - Addon List.txt (2.3 KB, 903 views)
File Type: txt Onslaught UI Addon List (With Descriptions).txt (10.6 KB, 1433 views)

Last edited by Veniche : 04-17-09 at 03:26 PM.
08-01-08, 11:45 AM   #2
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Oooh, shiny, very shiny. I love it.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
08-02-08, 02:01 PM   #3
Deepcrawler
A Kobold Labourer
looks really good! but i can't use it need 1280x1024 resolution :\
08-06-08, 06:29 AM   #4
Smilie
A Kobold Labourer
Hi, a very nice Interface, i have one question : how i can hide the Cloak?
I have try this over the Option Interface but everytime when i login again the cloak is back

THX

Smilie
08-06-08, 09:23 AM   #5
Veniche
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Smilie View Post
Hi, a very nice Interface, i have one question : how i can hide the Cloak?
I have try this over the Option Interface but everytime when i login again the cloak is back

THX

Smilie
You have to make sure the Outfitter addon understands that you don't want your cloak shown.

You can access it from a button in the top right of your character frame. From there select your current item set and click the arrow next to it. Then go to Helm & Cloak settings and change them to what you want.

Last edited by Veniche : 08-06-08 at 11:41 AM.
08-06-08, 05:57 PM   #6
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

Wow great ui. Im not one for bottom covering uis like this but i would def use this on my mage nice work

Question: I will be playing around with this later. Id like to know if this ui will be stable if I remove some addons. And add others. Do you use alot of stand alone libraries/customized mods?

Last edited by Elloria : 08-06-08 at 06:03 PM.
08-06-08, 06:10 PM   #7
Cralor
Mmm... cookies!!!

Lol, Elloria, do you switch your UI layout every 3 days?
08-06-08, 07:09 PM   #8
Veniche
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Elloria View Post
Wow great ui. Im not one for bottom covering uis like this but i would def use this on my mage nice work

Question: I will be playing around with this later. Id like to know if this ui will be stable if I remove some addons. And add others. Do you use alot of stand alone libraries/customized mods?
The libraries are external and depended on by the addons. But the addons themselves are not dependent on eachother.

The only modified addon is just a texture change to the ButtonFacade_Trinity.
08-06-08, 08:41 PM   #9
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by Cralor View Post
Lol, Elloria, do you switch your UI layout every 3 days?
hehei know im bad XD im actually using roth ui for my warrior now but its not working so well for my mage who needs button space hehe
08-15-08, 06:06 AM   #10
Coolit
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I tried to get this working and followed the install instructions to the letter but when I login for the first time 50% of the UI is garbled.

What I mean by this is that there are elements of the UI not showing (e.g. the character/talent/chat buttons) and lots of the frames are out of position and overlaping areas. I have a WS (1650x1080) monitor and am using the correct 8:5 folder.

The official blizzard action bar on the right side is also showing.

I'd really like to try this UI, I just hope theres a simple solution
08-15-08, 06:36 AM   #11
Macniel
A Fallenroot Satyr

Hai Veniche thank you for putting in ImprovedMerchant into your collection but could you please include the most recent version ( http://www.wowinterface.com/download...9267&aid=20476 ), I would really appreciate this

ah and ... cool looking UI

Last edited by Macniel : 08-15-08 at 08:02 AM.
08-15-08, 10:26 PM   #12
Veniche
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Coolit View Post
I tried to get this working and followed the install instructions to the letter but when I login for the first time 50% of the UI is garbled.

What I mean by this is that there are elements of the UI not showing (e.g. the character/talent/chat buttons) and lots of the frames are out of position and overlaping areas. I have a WS (1650x1080) monitor and am using the correct 8:5 folder.

The official blizzard action bar on the right side is also showing.

I'd really like to try this UI, I just hope theres a simple solution
I just downloaded it and was unable to find this issue, are you sure you spelled your Account name, server name, and/or character name correctly?

A screen shot would be nice if you can't figure it out

Originally Posted by Macniel View Post
Hai Veniche thank you for putting in ImprovedMerchant into your collection but could you please include the most recent version ( http://www.wowinterface.com/download...9267&aid=20476 ), I would really appreciate this
ah and ... cool looking UI
Done.
08-16-08, 07:58 AM   #13
Coolit
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Hi,

I just tried the new release, double checked my WTF details but it's the same unfortunately.

I've attached a screenshot below, you can see the button bar at the top is missing its buttons and the frames are out of position on the main bar.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_081608_145233.jpg
Views:	1777
Size:	255.1 KB
ID:	1849  
08-16-08, 08:58 AM   #14
Darxon
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Wierd i just tried the latest version, worked fine for me
08-16-08, 02:15 PM   #15
Coolit
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Hi,

I just tried the new release, double checked my WTF details but it's the same unfortunately.

I've attached a screenshot below, you can see the button bar at the top is missing its buttons and the frames are out of position on the main bar.
Hi,

I'm pleased to say I've solved the problem

I'm currently on vista 64Bit and there is a 2nd WOW folder in the virtual store, I simply deleted the Cache files and the Interface/WTF folders, then logged in and everything was fine except I had to uncheck the extra default bars option to remove the right side default blizzard bars.

For Vista users the location is at:-

C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft

08-16-08, 04:49 PM   #16
Veniche
Premium Member

Premium Member
[snip]
This is good to know, I've always ran WoW out of a standalone folder. But now that I think of it, I know a person who must have had the same problem as you. They solved it by running the Blizzard Repair app and checking the options to reset the custom interface.

Last edited by Veniche : 08-16-08 at 04:53 PM.
08-17-08, 07:23 PM   #17
Strife212
A Kobold Labourer
Nice UI

I think removing the bar at the top would make it look a lot better although thats just me.
08-18-08, 07:17 AM   #18
Coolit
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Hi,

I've been using this UI for a few days now and love the integration and uniformaty of the addons, great job

I do however have a few questions about configuration that I've been unable to solve myself,

1. How do you turn off auto acceptance of quests? I'd like to be able to accept or decline like the original blizzard frame.

2. I'd like to be able to change what is displayed at the right side of the upper bar, is this possible?

3. The only abnormality I have is that next to the chat window (left side) there is a small icon above the logging toggle icon that creates a spellstone, Id like to remove this as I don't believe its meant to be there.

4. I use gatherer (although not currently supported), is it possible to relocate the minimap button to an alternative location and therefore clear the mini map but still allow me to toggle gather on/off?

5. Although not 100% relevant to your UI, I've made the switch from Questhelper to Carbonate, is it possible to toggle Carbonate on/off without having to go into the settings each time?

Thanks for a great UI, love it
08-18-08, 09:27 AM   #19
Caoedillia
A Kobold Labourer
Hey, loving this UI but I'm having an issue. After a while, say 30mins+ my whole screen seems to grey out completely, making me have to restart WoW. Any ideas why this is? Also, I'm used to X-Perl and I'm wondering is there a way to see the red border on the person that has aggro? Any help would be awesome, again loving this UI ty

Edit: Oh oh, what I was trying to find to, is there a way to display on Grid your own buffs? Like on X-Perl, so I know who's missing what

Last edited by Caoedillia : 08-18-08 at 09:37 AM.
08-18-08, 11:14 AM   #20
Veniche
Premium Member

Premium Member
Strife212:

The bar at the top balances the interface at the bottom. Without it, the UI looks very 'bottom-heavy'. Facebook's homepage is an example of this element, heavy thick blue bar at the top, with a thin blue bar at the bottom.

Coolit

1. Someone might correct me on this, but using Carbonite's quest tracker, you aren't able to shift-click quests from the log to add/remove them to it.

2. Run /autobar config, then find the second check box on the right Move the Buttons, check it and you can rearrange the order of the buttons on the AutoBar. If you want to remove the bar entirely, then just disable the addon AutoBar.

3. You should be able SHIFT+drag it off the bar.

4. I could not find a FuBar icon for Gatherer, you could try MinimapButtonFrame. But that might be too much of a fix for a single icon.

5. You'll still have to do a /reloadui, but if you go to the in-game AddOn Control Panel (/acp), you can toggle it on or off, then reload ui.

Caoedillia

The gray out is coming from accidentally triggering the 'BossKey' that I put in there for giggles , just disable the addon called Dash and you'll be good.

To add aggro coloring run /pitbull, go to Modules on the left side, then enable the one called Banzai. This will make the health bar of the person who has aggro turn red.

To add an aggro indicator to Grid, copy and run: /grid GridFrame border alert_aggro. This will add red border coloring to people who have aggro.

To add your buffs, this could get a bit tricky.
1. Run /grid config
2. Go Status > Auras
3. Type in the exact names of the buffs you want to add.
4. Select them in the Auras list below and adjust the color of the buffs as you want the icons the appear on Grid.
5. Then go back up to Frame, select a corner where you want to display the indicator (Top Left, Top Right, etc.)
6. Check the box on the right corresponding to your newly added buffs.

Last edited by Veniche : 08-18-08 at 11:39 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released Compilations » The Onslaught UI - Information without the clutter