02-18-10, 02:23 PM   #1
XxVenem94xX
A Murloc Raider
"There is no World of Warcraft account associated with this Battle.net account".

Every single compilation I try to install wont work. I install them properly, try to login, and I get an error that says "There is no World of Warcraft account associated with this Battle.net account". If I delete my WTF folder completely and sign in, I can log-in fine, but if I do that there is no way for me to properly configure the compilation I just installed, so I'm at a loss. Anyone know how to fix it?
02-18-10, 02:31 PM   #2
Aerials
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
are you trying to sign in with your battle.net account or your wow account? needs to be the battle.net account.
02-18-10, 02:32 PM   #3
XxVenem94xX
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Aerials View Post
are you trying to sign in with your battle.net account or your wow account? needs to be the battle.net account.
I am signing in with my battle.net account.
02-18-10, 02:57 PM   #4
Aerials
no addons should be loaded at the time you are entering your username and password... i'd guess you have a virus, but who knows....
02-18-10, 02:59 PM   #5
XxVenem94xX
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Aerials View Post
no addons should be loaded at the time you are entering your username and password... i'd guess you have a virus, but who knows....
If I use nUI+ I have no problem at all. It's only after I try installing a compilation from WoWInterface that I have the problem. If I delete whatever compilation I just put in there, I can log in just fine.
02-18-10, 03:21 PM   #6
Rostok
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
When you install any compilation from this site, have you changed the ACCOUNTNAME, Realm and so on ?
nUI+ just configure itself when first login and savedvariables are created.
02-18-10, 03:34 PM   #7
XxVenem94xX
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Rostok View Post
When you install any compilation from this site, have you changed the ACCOUNTNAME, Realm and so on ?
nUI+ just configure itself when first login and savedvariables are created.
Yes, I always change them. I thought I may have been putting the wrong thing, and i deleted it and ran WoW in its orginal form to see what its suppose to be, I have been changing them all to the correct things, and it wont work.
02-18-10, 03:35 PM   #8
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Also, bear in mind nUI+ isn't a compilation of many addons but a single large addon which comprises its own interface amongst other things.

Compilation addons involve you downloading a copy of the pre-set WTF folders which you then need to integrate into your game folders for it to work. The ACCOUNTNAME folder needs to be your WoW account name and not your BattleNet name. The two are different now which is why this catches some people out. There should be an FAQ on this somewhere on the site or even on the compilation download page itself.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818
02-18-10, 03:36 PM   #9
XxVenem94xX
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
Also, bear in mind nUI+ isn't a compilation of many addons but a single large addon which comprises its own interface amongst other things.

Compilation addons involve you downloading a copy of the pre-set WTF folders which you then need to integrate into your game folders for it to work. The ACCOUNTNAME folder needs to be your WoW account name and not your BattleNet name. The two are different now which is why this catches some people out. There should be an FAQ on this somewhere on the site or even on the compilation download page itself.
I always try to follow the instructions to the T. I use my old WoW acocunt name, not my battle.net account email address when I modify the WTF folders.
02-18-10, 03:40 PM   #10
Lordyfrb
A Cliff Giant
I dont know if this will will help but if this file exists in your WTF folder, try opening config.wtf and deleting any lines that begin with:
SET accountName and
SET accountList
02-18-10, 04:31 PM   #11
XxVenem94xX
A Murloc Raider
I figured it out you guys, I opened up the config.wtf, and it turns out everything was set up for EU WoW< when I play on US WoW, So I just changed it from GB->US, from eu.worldofwarcraft.com realmlist/patchlist to us, and i can sign in fine.
02-18-10, 07:23 PM   #12
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by XxVenem94xX View Post
I figured it out you guys, I opened up the config.wtf, and it turns out everything was set up for EU WoW< when I play on US WoW, So I just changed it from GB->US, from eu.worldofwarcraft.com realmlist/patchlist to us, and i can sign in fine.
Yeah that would do it rofl. Glad you got it sorted

Characters:

02-18-10, 08:12 PM   #13
Aerials
lol, nice. might be a good idea to make a post on the ui's forum suggesting they let people know about that.
02-19-10, 11:43 AM   #14
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
It would generally only be a problem for people that have accounts on the different systems. Once the file changes it stays that way until you change it. My brother uses it a lot when he feels like playing at the crack of dawn and the EU are all in bed, so he logs into the US servers and plays there.

Characters:

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » "There is no World of Warcraft account associated with this Battle.net account".