11-14-08, 10:25 AM   #61
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Ah, yes, you are on Vista. But you have WoW installed outside of Program Files, which should make everything okay. And you path is correct. Do you have multiple copies of WoW installed? Right-click your launcher shortcut and go to Properties and see where it is pointing to.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-15-08, 04:18 AM   #62
talisen82
A Murloc Raider
Solution for addon problem

As it turns out the solution is quite simple but will take a bit of time.

Remove WoW from your pc and reinstall every thing, with me this solved all of my addon problem (still have to try auctioneer)

Edit;

Autioneer suite works!!! So reinstalling Wow works like a charm..

Seerah thx for your help..

Last edited by talisen82 : 11-15-08 at 04:27 AM.
11-29-08, 11:21 AM   #63
cncarter71284
A Defias Bandit
Using Your Client....Still Not Working.

I am using your client, and nothing i install using is working......y?
11-29-08, 11:29 AM   #64
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by cncarter71284 View Post
I am using your client, and nothing i install using is working......y?
Are you on Vista?
11-29-08, 11:49 AM   #65
cncarter71284
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Psoewish View Post
Are you on Vista?
Yes I am using Vista
11-29-08, 01:29 PM   #66
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Make sure you are installing the addons to the correct location. With the latest patch, WoW would have asked you if you would like to move the game out of the Program Files directory. If you answered "yes", your WoW folder is now located at C:\Users\Games\World of Warcraft. This is the directory you need to install to. Anything left at C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft can be deleted.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-29-08, 04:17 PM   #67
FakePlasticTreefingers
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Make sure you are installing the addons to the correct location. With the latest patch, WoW would have asked you if you would like to move the game out of the Program Files directory. If you answered "yes", your WoW folder is now located at C:\Users\Games\World of Warcraft. This is the directory you need to install to. Anything left at C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft can be deleted.
Not knowing what I was doing, I didn't select the option to move it out of the Program Files directory while downloading the new patch. Should I have? And if so, what can I do it move it?

P.S. I am on Vista
11-29-08, 04:24 PM   #68
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Moving it out of Program Files just gets rid of any headaches having to do with permissions. You can just cut and paste it to any where else on your computer. I have it in C:\Games on my Vista laptop.

11-29-08, 04:45 PM   #69
FakePlasticTreefingers
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Moving it out of Program Files just gets rid of any headaches having to do with permissions. You can just cut and paste it to any where else on your computer. I have it in C:\Games on my Vista laptop.
When I went to cut and paste it into Games, I saw that it was already there >.< Would I be able to just 'delete' the file from Program Files and still have it saved in Games? I'd rather be safe then sorry and ask before having to reinstall it.
11-29-08, 06:40 PM   #70
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by FakePlasticTreefingers View Post
When I went to cut and paste it into Games, I saw that it was already there >.< Would I be able to just 'delete' the file from Program Files and still have it saved in Games? I'd rather be safe then sorry and ask before having to reinstall it.
You should be able to just delete it, but I recommend if you cut/paste it any way. When it prompts to merge, say yes, but don't overwrite. This way you're sure you have every single file you need, then delete what's left from wow in your program files.
01-01-09, 04:59 PM   #71
roupy
A Defias Bandit
Hi I'm a vista user and the add on button never showed up for me...

I checked to see if I have more then one directory, the file path to quest helper is:
C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\QuestHelper-0.79
I downloaded outside of program files. My zip extracter was making a new folder, i copied whatever was in that folder and i just pasted into the "questhelper-0.79" but that didnt work either. Any help would be great!
thank you!
01-01-09, 09:19 PM   #72
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
You are not preserving the addon's directory structure by creating a new folder (ie, you have folder-in-folder syndrome). Please read the "most common error" section of the original post in this thread or read the "where should my files be saved" portion of this site's FAQ.

01-02-09, 04:40 PM   #73
roupy
A Defias Bandit
I never made a new folder, i just pasted all of the files into the folder containing the whole add on to GET rid of the extra folders that were made while extracting.

Ill get a screenie in a sec.

EDIT:

OK, this is a screenie of the folders in the in the add ons folder the way they were after extracting(i didnt change anything to these)

THIS is what I changed.

Im not sure if i did anything wrong, but either way the addon button did not pop up.
hope this helps

Oh, just remember, i also pasted what was in the locale folder into what you see in the second pic.

Last edited by roupy : 01-02-09 at 04:52 PM. Reason: pics.
01-02-09, 05:38 PM   #74
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
That folder should be named StanceSets3 not StanceSets3_v3-1
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

Shakespeare liked regexes too!
/(bb|[^b]{2})/
01-03-09, 01:39 AM   #75
roupy
A Defias Bandit
Wow changing the smallest thing did it, thank you... I feel like an idiot.
01-03-09, 10:11 AM   #76
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by roupy View Post
Wow changing the smallest thing did it, thank you... I feel like an idiot.
We all learn to the dumbest mistakes you can possibly make, and then feel ashamed you ever made that mistake
I'm sure we all know how you feel ^^
01-14-09, 07:54 PM   #77
Texar
A Kobold Labourer
Unhappy Disaster!

Hi, before WotLK i use to have multiple Addons and came to loving them, then the Pre-WotLK pacth came, my computer messed up down loading it, this(of course) messed up my computer, causing it to delete W.O.W. about five times... After that, i manually deleted W.O.W., and then re-downloaded it. Now, there is NO LONGER a World of Warcraft Folder, instead World of Warcraft.Temp, i have looked thru all of the folders i this folder, and in the Blizzard folder, and ive even ran scans for folders remotly similar but came up with nothing.... I have looked it up and found almost no one witht he same problem(well, i found one in my guiild...but his solution is to use Curse downloader which-like every thing else-freaks out my computer). If any one here has ehard of this problem or has a solution PLEASE respond or send me a E-mail!
(P.S.-i have windows Vista/PC if it helps.........)
02-04-09, 05:46 PM   #78
MuseCitizen
A Defias Bandit
Ok, im not absolutly new to addons, i can turn them on/off easily enough i can also add/remove without trouble. now i found a graphic compolation i really like but im having trouble installing it! i am currently running windows vista http://img11.imageshack.us/my.php?im...snormalja6.jpg now when i add the folders from the graphic compolation (http://www.wowinterface.com/download...mpilation.html) i just add them in like so http://img19.imageshack.us/my.php?im...waddonsvj5.jpg now when i start wow up, i click on the add ons tab and it looks like this http://img19.imageshack.us/my.php?im...donlisttv7.jpg and i notice that the eePanels is out of date, so when i try to start it up this is what it looks like in-game http://img19.imageshack.us/my.php?im...crnshotmv8.jpg now i apologize for the long post, but i would like to get this sorted out :-)! now if you can tell me how to sort this problem out that would be great ^^ i have a small feeling it might have to be with the eePanels being out of date but i cant be sure

anyway thanks for any info you can shed on the matter

MuseCitizen
02-04-09, 07:08 PM   #79
DreamStorm
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

MuseCitizen ...

Click the "Load out of date AddOns" checkbox.

The issue you're seeing occurs when the version number of the addon stored in it's *.toc file is not in line with the latest version of the client (30000 in this case). Alternative options are changing the *.toc file to say ## Interface: 30000 or download the latest version of eePanels. It has been superseded by kgPanels (by the same author), so you could substitute by downloading kgPanels and allowing it to import from eePanels (albeit that is a bit fiddly, having done it myself). I don't know how up to date, code-wise, eePanels is in relation to the latest version of the WoW client so the last option may be better in the long run.

Still try the first option, well... first.
02-04-09, 09:23 PM   #80
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Just to be clear (off-topic as it is), kgPanels is by Kagaro, while eePanels was by EvilElvis. However, EvilElvis did abandon eePanels2 some time ago, allowing kgPanels to be its successor.

But, yes. You just need to check the little box.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Having trouble installing addons?