08-06-08, 03:32 PM   #341
Voorije
Premium Member
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Vilkku View Post
Since someone already got in on the research line (asking the relative time of keys sent out to beta start): when the TBC author keys were sent, were they sent to the American realms and the European realms on the same time or at different times. If sent at the same time, what time was it (I don't want exact times, just if it's clearly sent from American or European business hours)? If sent at different times, was it just different hours during the same day or were there more than a day between?

I swear, soon I will start making charts. Also, size 1 ftw.
I too am interested in such metrics, if not for appeasing my desire for a beta key but ALSO to understand a bit better how Blizzards Corporate Structure works, I've always wondered who stays over on weekends and stuff so this info actually interests me.
08-06-08, 04:00 PM   #342
tuxeh
A Defias Bandit
So, I woke up this evening (Yeah, I was like .. fast asleep) and saw one message in my inbox mentioning a beta key. A few seconds later I realised it was for Red Alert 3, but hey, that's not bad either :)

By the way, the european opt-in keys were sent out in the middle of the night, most received theirs at 04.00 CET.

Oh, and thank you wowinterface, for giving me the kick in the butt I've been needing to pick up my lua books and for giving us all the opportunity to participate in the beta :)
08-06-08, 05:38 PM   #343
Neuro
A Theradrim Guardian

Can someone please tell me wtf "HOODIA EPHEDRA" is, and why these jackholes in my email think I need it? I need BETA, not some health food!
08-06-08, 06:45 PM   #344
ballwinkle
Premium Member
what!
are
you
doing
right
this
second
08-06-08, 06:50 PM   #345
Cralor
Mmm... cookies!!!

Reading WotLK forums.

One guy posted a YouTube video licking the bottom of his dirty shoe to try and get a beta key.

Another guy posted his email with the Beta key thinking it was a SCAM, and then someone used in key. (I really hope this guy can get his key back. Blizzard can definitely make 1 more extra key.)
08-06-08, 07:24 PM   #346
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Icecoldcoke View Post
I emailed blizzard because of my extreme lack of patience.
You have got to be joking! You hassled them about it when it hasn't even been two weeks yet? Yeah, that didn't take up any of their time thus slowing down the process of getting the emails sent ...
08-06-08, 07:27 PM   #347
Dashkal
A Murloc Raider
I emailed blizzard because of my extreme lack of patience. This was their response :
With apologies to Cairenn, thank you for that. Patience is hard to keep up over a week later with zero updates.
08-06-08, 07:28 PM   #348
Tekkub
A Molten Giant

/golfclap ...
08-06-08, 07:32 PM   #349
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Dashkal View Post
zero updates.
Yeah, no one has discussed it or given out any information at all ...
08-06-08, 07:35 PM   #350
Dashkal
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
Yeah, no one has discussed it or given out any information at all ...
Out of context, the time span is rather important there. Lots of info up front, silence since then. I don't consider it out of line to ask for an update.
08-06-08, 07:35 PM   #351
MattCairns
A Fallenroot Satyr

I emailed blizzard because of my extreme lack of patience. This was their response :
That is just a automated response that everyone gets. I wouldn't expect anything else.

You guys have no idea what is going on behind that scenes. It's not like Blizzard is just taking their sweet time just to see how long it takes before everyone goes on a rampage.
08-06-08, 07:36 PM   #352
Tekkub
A Molten Giant

To be fair cair, you've done nothing more than tell us when you sent the batches in (which is all you can do). Silence on Blizzy's part sucks :P

We should probably treat this as a "6 to 8 weeks for delivery" situation... it's just hard cause everyone here knows what coding is like, and knows that on their side all that they will do is run it thru a batch that checks emails/IPs against already sent invites, then queues em up to send.
08-06-08, 07:38 PM   #353
Dashkal
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by MattCairns View Post
That is just a automated response that everyone gets. I wouldn't expect anything else.

You guys have no idea what is going on behind that scenes. It's not like Blizzard is just taking their sweet time just to see how long it takes before everyone goes on a rampage.
Heh, I would hope not. Of course this is just a quick inquiry for an update. It's hardly an "OMFG I want my key now!" which would of course be right out of line.
08-06-08, 07:44 PM   #354
Tuller
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

I don't think you're really helping your case right now.
08-06-08, 07:50 PM   #355
MattCairns
A Fallenroot Satyr

So, in a way you could say I prevented tons of emails being sent to them later. :P
Well, I suppose you could look at it that way.

One thing I am sure of though is that we will be getting our beta keys soon.
08-06-08, 07:51 PM   #356
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
All I am saying guys is to give everyone a break. It hasn't even been two weeks yet. They normally send out keys on Thursday nights/Fridays (exact same as last time). If we still haven't heard anything by next Monday when I send in the next batch, do you really think I wouldn't be asking? If everyone sends in an email asking, automated response or not, it takes up their time. I didn't say you were demanding, but come on. I haven't set this all up to then not follow up on it.

Last edited by Cairenn : 08-06-08 at 08:06 PM.
08-06-08, 07:52 PM   #357
svartalve
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I'm a bit disheartened to see how much entitlement people seem to feel after being assured of a beta key considering that a time span regarding fulfillment wasn't given in the first place. Isn't it enough that 100% of qualifying authors are guaranteed a key as opposed to the fraction of Opt-Ins who would?

I for one am not surprised that Opt-In keys were sent out early. Given the randomized selection process for these keys, it would seem trivial to have them get sent out in automated batches. In contrast, Blizzcon/WWI/Dell keys apparently need some processing, especially in light of Region mix-ups reported by several holders. Likewise with authors, in that Blizzard is going to make sure that we would not get multiple keys indicating some effort on their part.

I just hope the hoopla re: beta keys do not put off Wowinterface and other AddOn communities from coordinating with Blizzard come the next expansion pack and its attendant beta keys. I'm just grateful that Cairenn and the staff of Wowinterface are doing what they can to help us prepare for WotLK.

To cheer everyone up and help pass the time, here's a .
08-06-08, 07:56 PM   #358
Tekkub
A Molten Giant

They normally send out keys on Thursday nights/Fridays.
AH! This is news. yes you told me thurs/friday on IRC, but didn't mention that's their usual batch. It certainly helps the situation. We weren't in last week's batch, hopefully we're in this week's.
08-06-08, 07:57 PM   #359
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Tekkub View Post
AH! This is news. yes you told me thurs/friday on IRC, but didn't mention that's their usual batch. It certainly helps the situation. We weren't in last week's batch, hopefully we're in this week's.
I'm sorry. I thought I had posted that. Mia culpa.
08-06-08, 08:00 PM   #360
Tekkub
A Molten Giant

I'm sorry. I thought I had posted that. Mia culpa.
In summary, it's all your fault, I want my bribery kitten back.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Mod Author WotLK Beta Key Give-Away discussion thread