11-24-10, 03:36 AM   #1
Palladia
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Two quest tracking oddities

I'm having two weird things happening with regard to quest tracking.

The first is that when a quest object is found in an area, instead of marking the area, Carbonite is pointing to one specific spot, and sometimes that spot doesn't seem to be in what would have been the area.

Second is that, when turning in quests, the '?' is often in the wrong place. For example, there are four quests that get turned in to one questgiver in SW Howling Fjord, but the question marks are scattered around the actual location.

By the way, I'm using the beta version released yesterday.

Oh, also, the HUD is very slow in updating. For example, I'm doing a quest now where I have to kill 10 of a particular mob. The HUD showed 0/10 until I killed the 7th, and now it shows 6/10.

Last edited by Palladia : 11-24-10 at 03:46 AM.

11-24-10, 03:44 AM   #2
VesperWow
A Defias Bandit
Also having the same issue as #1 where it's just the X in a circle showing the general area for a quest, but no outlines or colored in sections encompassing the whole area. I thought maybe i clicked soemthing I shouldn't have, but nothing seems to change it back.

11-24-10, 03:54 AM   #3
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The quest data base in the current beta versions is empty, so Carbonite is using Blizzard's data, which ends up appearing as a point. We nuked all data in our database and as we collect new data from our files and users files, we will repopulate the database. We wanted a clean start since a large amount of quests have changed, been deleted or are new.

The same goes for POI data. Haavok nuked much of it. He has already added every flight master location and will be adding more data this week.

I deleted all Kalimdor and EK gather nodes from CarboniteNodes today and made the 106 beta version delete that data from users. These will be added back as I get user files with new gather locations.

How to submit data:
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=21607

11-24-10, 11:57 AM   #4
VesperWow
A Defias Bandit
thank you!

11-24-10, 06:09 PM   #5
Palladia
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Thanks very much for the explanation, and all your hard work.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Two quest tracking oddities