01-22-12, 03:24 PM   #1
shadow78
A Cliff Giant
Post 5.0 mist

I know it's a bit away.. but will carbonite be updated again for it.
If so....
1. will it be recoded to blizz tos ?
2. be spilt into muti part as many are way outdated ?
( I for one use carbonite for map, quest tracking, and BG stuff)
3. Will someone take over if faatal and Haavok leave ?

To the Carbonite dev team .. Great work over the year's

To people who down them on the forums.. wait till you age a little more before putting someone down. How would you like it if people get on your case for trying to live ! Having a full time job and kid's you have really no time for yourself let alone free time to do some modding!

01-23-12, 06:56 AM   #2
OmegaExtreme
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

it takes 30 secs to either post

"Carbonite abandoned please email us if you want to take over"

or

"Carbonite abandoned and is being removed from the website"

or

"We're working on it please be patient"

etc

All they have done is applied a bandage to some issues and ignored others.

Id like to think that they are working on a Carbonite2 because of the lengthy delays in posts faatal (carboniteaddon) last post was 12/03/11 and Haavok last post was 09/16/11.

01-23-12, 08:29 AM   #3
shadow78
A Cliff Giant
Exclamation

I also wonder if they would mind if someone try to make a fan update.. if they would allow it..

01-23-12, 07:16 PM   #4
Othgar
"That" Guy

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by shadow78 View Post
I also wonder if they would mind if someone try to make a fan update.. if they would allow it..
Good lord... I couldn't even begin to imagin trying to take over or update Carbonite. I took a look at the code once.... that was enough for me. The Carbonite team is just busy with the rest of life. They'll patch and bandaid carbonite together enough to keep it functional until they either have time for a carbonite2 or until blizz breaks the code so bad they have to do a full rewrite. At which point I really hope they do the rewrite instead of abandoning it. This kind of talk pops up every patch and expansion, looks like it's just starting early this time around. Have faith, donate a few bucks to their ramen noodle fund and all will be well I'm sure.

01-24-12, 12:30 AM   #5
OmegaExtreme
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by shadow78 View Post
You could do it for yourself but the Carbonite devs are very anal about their code being redistrabuted assuming you can even read it.

Originally Posted by Othgar View Post
Good lord... I couldn't even begin to imagin trying to take over or update Carbonite. I took a look at the code once.... that was enough for me. The Carbonite team is just busy with the rest of life. They'll patch and bandaid carbonite together enough to keep it functional until they either have time for a carbonite2 or until blizz breaks the code so bad they have to do a full rewrite. At which point I really hope they do the rewrite instead of abandoning it. This kind of talk pops up every patch and expansion, looks like it's just starting early this time around. Have faith, donate a few bucks to their ramen noodle fund and all will be well I'm sure.
I wouldnt donate until they do a proper update no point giving them any money of they just abandon it after you've donated. Just to be clear im NOT saying dont donate im just saying wait.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » 5.0 mist