12-17-18, 06:46 AM   #1
gjorgji.janevski
A Murloc Raider
Enemy health bars in a list

Hello,

I would like to ask a very simple question for enemy health bars. Since in Mythic+ we have packs and group of mobs with different abilities, we always need clear view of the enemies affected with your spells or the one you have attacked already.

I know about shadow unit frames and other health bar icons, but my question is this.
Is there any chance to have a list of mobs (like the list of your party health bars) so you can easy click on the health bars of enemies. So you can at anytime click on the bar on the enemy mob and you choose to silence, stun or continue your dot. See attached file for boss frame (shadow unit frames) but this is only for bosses, it does not work on mobs.

If anyone have idea or already seen this as a need please write bellow, i really like to hear what you think.
12-17-18, 08:12 AM   #2
Rilgamon
Premium Member

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Not possible.
12-17-18, 08:21 AM   #3
gjorgji.janevski
A Murloc Raider
You mean not possible to be programmed? or not possible to find this type of enemy bars ?
12-17-18, 09:32 AM   #4
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Both. Either. You cannot create unit frames that aren't already provided by Blizzard, and what you are describing is not provided by Blizzard.

There was talk before Blizzard changed the nameplate API that instead of placing nameplates above mobs, stack them to the side of the screen like other unit frames. However, Blizzard did change the nameplate API, and that idea suddenly became impossible.

For the record, nameplates can only be above or below the model in the game world. And I'm not 100% sure below is possible.
12-17-18, 10:03 AM   #5
Kanegasi
A Molten Giant

There's a slight misunderstanding. You can most definitely have a "list" or "grid" of enemies: https://wow.curseforge.com/projects/enemy-grid

However, the "impossible" part is being able to actually click these rearranged frames. If you're satisfied with just a visual list, the addon linked will provide that.

Last edited by Kanegasi : 12-17-18 at 10:05 AM.
12-17-18, 10:03 AM   #6
gjorgji.janevski
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by myrroddin View Post
Both. Either. You cannot create unit frames that aren't already provided by Blizzard, and what you are describing is not provided by Blizzard.

There was talk before Blizzard changed the nameplate API that instead of placing nameplates above mobs, stack them to the side of the screen like other unit frames. However, Blizzard did change the nameplate API, and that idea suddenly became impossible.

For the record, nameplates can only be above or below the model in the game world. And I'm not 100% sure below is possible.
Thanks for this nice explanation. Here is example for boss frames, so the idea came from that
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
12-17-18, 10:07 AM   #7
gjorgji.janevski
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
There's a slight misunderstanding. You can most definitely have a "list" or "grid" of enemies: https://wow.curseforge.com/projects/enemy-grid

However, the "impossible" part is being able to actually click these rearranged frames. If you're satisfied with just a visual list, the addon linked will provide that.
Thanks! i will check this!
also this part is very intresting!:
When creating a keybind on Enemy Grid, you have 6 action options:
Target: using the keybind will target the unit.
Taunt: Enemy Grid create a macro with the taunt spell of your class, using the keybind will taunt the unit.
Interrupt: same as taunt, the spell used to interrupt is auto chosen by the addon.
Dispel: same thing as taunt and interrupt.
Cast Spell: insert the spell name on the text field.
Macro: for advanced users, only use if you have to. Enemy Grid don't handle things here and you need to create the mouseover macro.
Example: /cast [target=mouseover] fireball

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Enemy health bars in a list