06-25-09, 08:08 PM   #21
Praesagus
A Theradrim Guardian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Republic View Post
Yeah um...really? You don't say? The legal system capable of mistakes? That's a newsflash to me.

In any event, the point I'm making is that idiots like the ones posting the pedo comments are doing so by taking a huge leap of faith. If accusations automatically mean guilt, everyone's screwed.

Thank you for the "lesson". For the record, the accused should have equal rights to accusers. If that wasn't true, the foundation of our entire government is flawed. I know it's sometimes hard to fathom, but it's true.

I still don't understand why people are so willing to take these leaps of faith in order to pile on crap in a situation they are almost completely ignorant of. Why not something positive?

Anyone else want to challenge Yhor for achievement title "Master of the Obvious"? No attunement needed.
Maturity contest: Yhor wins....

I have my opinions but it seems this particular topic doesn't allow for any but one.....so let it get back on topic for that opinion ... you can go ahead and start a "If you disagree with me you're an idiot" topic though...that would be fun too
06-25-09, 08:43 PM   #22
Republic
Paladin

Originally Posted by Praesagus View Post
I have my opinions but it seems this particular topic doesn't allow for any but one...
Actually it allows for many. The thing is though, only one side of this is supported by facts and evidence. Flat-earthers have opinions too. I guess people are free to be as they choose, regardless of truth.
06-25-09, 08:47 PM   #23
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Maybe, but I really want to lose this one.

I think it's funny (haha) that posts insulting MJ are deleted, but posts insulting the users, here, and telling them to "shut up" are completely ignored. Oh, and no legal discussion after reading that completely biased report of how perfect the US legal system is, for cases relating to one individual (but pointing out the flaws in the system relating to anything else is stating the obvious).

Still luvs ya Seerah, but I don't get it.
06-26-09, 01:19 AM   #24
shadofall
A Murloc Raider

i mourned for a bit for the loss of music... till i heard thriller for the 400th time today.........
06-26-09, 03:34 AM   #25
Republic
Paladin

Originally Posted by Yhor View Post
...completely biased report of how perfect the US legal system is...
Where do you see such a thing?
06-26-09, 03:56 AM   #26
Miralen
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

While not a terribly huge fan of Michael Jackson, there were a few songs that I actually like ranging from his days as a child in the Jackson 5 to his solo career. While I can't say there will be a void in my life about him passing as I have stated I wasn't a huge fan but it is still sad to see someone die. Especially since he was only age 50 which to probably a good portion of us here in the WoW community may seem old it really isn't. I wish extend my deepest sympathies and prayers to the family, friends and fans of Michael Jackson in this time of grief.

The Music Industry has definitely lost one of it's biggest members.

- Winston Churchill
06-26-09, 04:54 AM   #27
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

Originally Posted by Yhor View Post
I think it's funny (haha) that posts insulting MJ are deleted, but posts insulting the users, here, and telling them to "shut up" are completely ignored.
When people attend Funerals they don't normally stand there and rag on how the deceased was sleeping around with the company secretary out of respect.

I feel it's the same thing in this thread - you need to remember that just like behind every wow player is a player with a family you need to remember MJ has his family - a family right now who are grieving from his loss.

Posting about court cases or how bad his music was only serve to upset people who are already upset further.

Don't make Seerah Lock this thread

Originally Posted by Miralen View Post
The Music Industry has definitely lost one of it's biggest members.
He did a lot of iconic 80's songs that influenced many of todays singers and song writers. I do admit tho I lost track of him after his "Man in The Mirror" track tho.
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)
06-26-09, 05:39 AM   #28
us2006027321
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Gimbli View Post
I'm not a personal "huge" fan of him, but I absolutely respect what he did for music, and his talent. R.I.P.
Originally Posted by Zaydok View Post
Honestly, MJ was one of the most talented singers/songwriters of the last few decades as stated above. However, I do believe the allegations made against him to be at least in part true.
Many people have little idea how many of the advances in medicine that we enjoy today can be attributed to groundwork laid by Dr. Mengele. (As he is a more obscure historical icon, I have included a link to a Wiki page.) Most people only remember him as a vicious sadist. There are many who also have little idea or only remember light-heartedly that Winston Churchill was a raging drunk even though he was an extremely brilliant leader with an equally brilliant mind. (I like World War II. Get off me. It was one of the most turbulent times of the last century, and much can be understood from it in terms of where our society is headed.)

While it is true that Michael Jackson's life was not above reproach, it is worth equal note that he was a talented pioneer of the musical world. Unless we knew him personally, we have very little proof that he committed a crime. I am not absolving him of his apparently high potential for guilt; I am simply saying that as I have no proof being offered to me other than that which is presented by the American media ('nuff said?), I can't rationally draw a conclusion about his guilt. Even if I could, I couldn't begin to allow that to be a reason to judge him worthy of death.

It is not humane to wish death on another human being or say they are worthy of it. If the iconic figure of God doesn't so much as deign to judge a man until he is dead, who are we to judge a man at all?

As Michael Jackson was an influencial individual, he will be missed, and his untimely death will send ripples through the waters of history. He will not be soon forgotten.

Now that I have been appropriately respectful, I feel I must share a bit of tongue-in-cheek sacrilege with all of you. According to eBaum's World, as Michael Jackson was 99% plastic, he is going to be melted into legos so that children may play with him for a change.

06-26-09, 07:51 AM   #29
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by us2006027321 View Post
Now that I have been appropriately respectful, I feel I must share a bit of tongue-in-cheek sacrilege with all of you. According to eBaum's World, as Michael Jackson was 99% plastic, he is going to be melted into legos so that children may play with him for a change.
And that's why we adore you so much!
06-26-09, 08:21 AM   #30
oomu
A Defias Bandit

He was a great singer and dancer.
06-26-09, 08:51 AM   #31
Xarl
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Rest in Peace MJ
06-26-09, 11:42 AM   #32
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured

I have my opinions but it seems this particular topic doesn't allow for any but one.....so let it get back on topic for that opinion ... you can go ahead and start a "If you disagree with me you're an idiot" topic though...that would be fun too
There's a difference between expressing an opinion of someone that's fit for a public audience and being downright rude and defamatory. It's the latter that we do not allow here. I won't bother linking the forum rules again.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-26-09, 11:50 AM   #33
Folji
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Was sitting around at home around midnight, local time, when I heard the news that Jackson had been rushed to the hospital with a cardiac arrest. Came a bit surprising.

He was a great musician, loved his songs.
06-26-09, 05:29 PM   #34
pHishr
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Saw a guildie crying in guild chat about this.

Even though I didn't like his music style, I could still listen to songs like Billy Jean and Thriller. And in some peculiar way I felt struck by this event, even though I hadn't given him much thought.

RIP Michael Jackson.
06-26-09, 06:27 PM   #35
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

Michael Jackson was inspiration for millions of people, and will still be after his death. I was at work when my fiance sent me a text message saying "Michael jackson is gone ". I slid back my chair and immediatly told me other colleagues. All three of us cried together. Just wednesday we were jamming out to P.Y.T . Ill be jammin out to his music until im dead.
06-26-09, 08:05 PM   #36
FarseerLolotea
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
To re-iterate what myself and others have stated elsewhere:

He was at least a fairly talented musician, and will be missed. That's all that really needs to be said.

Plus, my cousin was a fan.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Michael Jackson Dies