01-08-06, 05:08 AM   #1
Gorak
A Fallenroot Satyr
Undocumented change in 1.9

Hello !

I used to develop Necrosis Lite before I quit World of Warcraft, and I tested it out with the Public Test Release version that was available at the time.

However, I am now receiving a lot of e-mails saying that the german localized version for my add-on no longer works. Based on initial analysis by me and a friend, it seems that all spell names have been changed to contain single-quotes around the name.

For example, calling GetSpellName on an English client with a specific id and booktab identifier returns Dreadsteed for a warlock class character. Calling the same for a German client returns 'Schreckensross herbeirufen' (note the single quotes !).

Has anyone else experienced this ? It seems like a completely undocumented change, and will apparently cause 99% of add-ons that deal with spell names to break, especially if they're using full-scale parsing patterns for the Combat Log, such as "You gain Renew". For all non-english versions, the old parsing patterns are now broken, thanks to Blizzard..

- Gorak

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Undocumented change in 1.9