10-13-05, 11:44 AM   #1
Gorak
A Fallenroot Satyr
GUID: How to fix the missing AddOns button in your character selection screen

Hello there !

I noticed a few people in the EU sector who were having a problem with their character selection screen not showing the AddOns button when they loaded patch 1.8.

To attempt to remedy this issue, the following steps were discovered by myself, and some readers of the EU forums reported that they helped them as well. In light of this, I hope someone would cross-post this to the US forums, if you have the appropriate access, so if there's someone there still wrestling with this issue, it might help them.

The steps to remedy are as follows:
1. Shut down World of Warcraft, if it's running.
2. Browse to your World of Warcraft directory, and open up the WTF folder.
3. Inside this folder, you see a file called "config.wtf". Use your favourite text editor to open up this file.
4. When viewing the contents, browse the file to find a line saying SET checkAddonVersion "0"
5. When found, alter this line so that the number inside the quotes is set to 1, thus the line becomes SET checkAddonVersion "1", without the solo quotes.
6. Start World of Warcraft again, and log-in as you normally would.
7. Enter the character selection screen, and answer "Load Anyway" to the question if the out-of-date addons should be loaded. Accept the follow-up dialog by clicking "Okay".
8. See if the AddOns button is back where it belongs.

These steps helped several EU users at the time of writing, so it might help the US users as well.

- Gorak

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » GUID: How to fix the missing AddOns button in your character selection screen