07-23-13, 02:52 AM   #1
Vrallox
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Selective mount buff monitor

I'm in need of an addon that will monitor specific members of a raid, that I specify, for any and all mount buffs. If it detects that one of those people being monitored has mounted it should give a raid warning or something of the sort.

The reason for it is because I'm putting together a raft race using the Anglers Fishing Raft. An addon that does what I mentioned above would be invaluable so I don't have to get volunteers to line most of the water course in order to monitor the race.

If anyone knows of an addon that does something along the lines of what I'm asking for I'd appreciate a heads up.
07-23-13, 07:58 AM   #2
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
According to the comments, the raft applies a buff Anglers Fishing Raft. If all contestants are in a raid, it should be easy to monitor for that buff using raid buff monitor AddOns. Mounting removes the buff, and you would know instantly.

That would be easier, and far less of a niche, than writing an AddOn specifically to detect the raft.
07-25-13, 09:09 PM   #3
Vrallox
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
The problem is that being attacked removes the buff as well. I've been looking at routes with enemies running around in order to make the race more interesting. I don't want to disqualify anyone for getting klonked on the head.
07-26-13, 01:29 AM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You can call UnitAffectingCombat("raid7") to find out if the unit is in combat when they lose the mount buff.
07-30-13, 01:50 AM   #5
Vrallox
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
D'oh. All my test runs up til now have been on my rogue. A guildmate has pointed out that any damage removes the raft. With the increased fall limit before damage I never saw that problem. Going down a waterfall will remove the buff because the character will be landing on the raft. Can't have a raft race without waterfalls. On the plus side it does make the race more interesting.

Thank you both for helping me out. It looks like it's back to square one though.

Last edited by Vrallox : 07-30-13 at 02:00 AM.
07-30-13, 04:24 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Maybe you'll need to have a referee or two flying along overhead?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Selective mount buff monitor