03-05-13, 04:34 PM   #1
Encadi
A Murloc Raider
How to remove nUI unit frames?

I find it very hard to believe and shows the UI is a bit lacking that NUI doesnt coutn witha graphical configuraiton menu and is all based on commands ><

But what would be the best way to disable all unit frames from the UI and use something else like a mix of grid and xperl?

Thank you

03-05-13, 06:21 PM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Encadi View Post
But what would be the best way to disable all unit frames from the UI and use something else like a mix of grid and xperl?
Short answer is it's not possible. The long answer is available in the FAQ's section under the topic heading "I'd like to disable some of nUI's features..."

Here's a link to it.

03-05-13, 07:30 PM   #3
Encadi
A Murloc Raider
Thank you for the answer but such a pity, this UI has 2 big failures in MY opinion:

1/ Horrible presentation, no graphical menu or interface to configure the different elements of the UI, only via paleolitical /commands
2/ Egocentrism, why should you lock users of possibilities with an interface? You should make it easy for people to configure the UI not soemthign completly locked

and the quesiton came mainly because clique wont detect the nUI frames for some reason in order to beign able to click my own player frame for example without casting the spell.

03-05-13, 07:32 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Are you sure you don't have some spell bound to left click in Clique? If you do, then it's casting that spell instead of selecting your unit frame. (Same goes for right-click.)
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

03-05-13, 08:08 PM   #5
Encadi
A Murloc Raider
Yeah, i DO have right and left click mouse buttons boudn on clique and thats how i want to have them on grid, however theres an option on clique to ban certain frames from being affected, this works in all other unit frames i have tried but the nUI ones dont show on the list and when selecting the generic ones it rememebrs it until you quit the game for some reason..

03-05-13, 09:24 PM   #6
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Encadi --

nUI is not trying to be a swiss army knife... it's trying to be something very different. If you want the swiss army knife, then use the collection of mods. You're missing the point of what nUI is and why.

As for your issue... you're the first person I've ever heard say they had problems using Clique with nUI. They are fully compatible, so there's something else going on.

Have you done a clean installation of nUI as per the instructions?

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

03-05-13, 11:26 PM   #7
Encadi
A Murloc Raider
it was a full clean installation of wow and the problem is like i explained earlier not being able to ban nui frame sso clique doesnt seem to detect they exist for some reason. Alos how come it doesnt have a graphical interface for configuration but command sinstead?

03-06-13, 12:30 AM   #8
Seer
A Molten Giant
It has several? Use any of the plugins that provide that.

03-06-13, 06:11 AM   #9
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Alos how come it doesnt have a graphical interface for configuration but command sinstead?
I believe that has been on the back burner/to do list for some time. The reason being what use is a pretty menu if some bits of code aren't working as designed? Coding time has been better spent making the addon run well. Just my 2 cents.

And just in case you hadn't seen it yet, here's a link to the thread entitled What slash commands does nUI support?

03-06-13, 06:45 PM   #10
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
As another user has already pointed out... nUI has several (or at least two) addons you can download for a Graphical user interface to the options. Have you tried either of them?

And slash commands are quick and easy, anyway, with far far far less code bloat and complexity.

That said, nUI *is* going the graphical interface route in nUI6 as is already evidenced by the '/mfwm' command option in nUI6 and the "Interface/AddOns" panet in nUI6.

As for Clique... nUI lists its frames in the click-cast frames variable in the same way every other mod does. It has no other responsibilities in that regard that I'm aware of. It's all Clique magic after that to the best of my knowledge.

it was a full clean installation of wow and the problem is like i explained earlier not being able to ban nui frame sso clique doesnt seem to detect they exist for some reason. Alos how come it doesnt have a graphical interface for configuration but command sinstead?

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » How to remove nUI unit frames?