06-22-13, 07:04 AM   #1
Unira
A Murloc Raider

Question Recount

First off, sorry if this is there already, but I cant find it.

I added the VuhDo addon to clean up my screen even more! BUT i would love to see my recount at the same time. Is there a way to pull recount off the bottom stats.. I could lose the whole thing as it shares with Omen and if i have agro healing.. well.. tank is dead!

Thanks!

06-22-13, 07:31 AM   #2
Seer
A Molten Giant
There's a recount file in Interface\AddOns\nUI\Layouts\Default\InfoPanels

You could try renaming it or deleting it and see if that doesnt break nUI (wouldnt be suprised if it did).

If that doesnt work you could try and see if you can set anything in that file that stops nUI from controlling it.

Else I'm sure Scott or X come around and slap me for suggesting to remove it and then explain in full detail how to do what you want.

06-22-13, 07:31 AM   #3
Seer
A Molten Giant
double post thingie

Last edited by Seer : 06-22-13 at 08:55 AM.

06-22-13, 08:14 AM   #4
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
if you take a look at my DecursiveRecount plugin you will see in the ADDON_LOADED section of the event function that I have added a section that turns off the built in Recount plugin. Hopefully the Vuhdo plugin has a similar block of code that you can locate the appropriate place to add this block of code to.

Code:
		-- Disable the built in Recount plugin	
		if ( nUI_InfoPanels[nUI_INFOPANEL_RECOUNT] ) then
			nUI_InfoPanels[nUI_INFOPANEL_RECOUNT].enabled = false;
		end

06-22-13, 08:48 AM   #5
Unira
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Seer View Post
There's a recount file in Interface\AddOns\nUI\Layouts\Default\InfoPanels

You could try renaming it or deleting it and see if that doesnt break nUI (wouldnt be suprised if it did).
So I tried that and when I click the stats button to go to Vuhdo, the recount hides even from its new spot. LOL

06-22-13, 09:06 AM   #6
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Hmm, if you have recount installed, it should show unless its been toggled off ( either by the recount plugin or by recount itself ). try toggling it back on and see if it shows. It's possible its hidden behind the vuhdo screen so if recount has a reposition option you might want to use it as well to make sure it resets to the center of the screen.

06-22-13, 09:19 AM   #7
Unira
A Murloc Raider

I am not sure which is blocking it and I am not into the programming side (though i should get my son since he tinkers with it!)

But, I removed the recount part, and it allowed me to move it. just wont show at the same time as the Vuhdo though.

I think it has something to do with the what shows in that bottom corner.. If its selected to show.. then it will it not.. they hide them all.

06-22-13, 10:35 AM   #8
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Hmm, okay, can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing and when you are not seeing it.

06-22-13, 12:11 PM   #9
Unira
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
Hmm, okay, can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing and when you are not seeing it.
as requested
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Recount.png
Views:	512
Size:	639.5 KB
ID:	7775  

06-22-13, 01:35 PM   #10
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Aha... I think I know what you can do to fix it .. simply add the following block of code in the same place as the code I suggested to add before

Code:

-- Disable the built in Recount plugin	
if ( nUI_InfoPanels[nUI_INFOPANEL_OMEN3RECOUNT] ) then
	nUI_InfoPanels[nUI_INFOPANEL_OMEN3RECOUNT].enabled = false;
end
This will disable the dualstats plugin addon and make omen a standalone infopanel as that is a built in plugin and with the code I added before disable the recount built in plugin.

06-22-13, 03:28 PM   #11
Unira
A Murloc Raider

Which file gets edited? Sorry I am not sure

06-22-13, 03:31 PM   #12
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Sorry, didn't see that you tried Seer's suggestion. Let me see if I can rig up something for you to test.

Okay, give the attached vuhdo file a go. Simply copy it into the vuhdo infopanel addons folder to replace the one that's there. It should * touch wood * just turn off the dual stats plugin and built in recount plugin. This then *should* make it so that it would use recount in its original solo addon state.
Attached Files
File Type: lua nUI_InfoPanel_VuhDo.lua (6.4 KB, 448 views)

Last edited by Xrystal : 06-22-13 at 03:40 PM.

06-22-13, 03:38 PM   #13
Unira
A Murloc Raider

Sorry, didn't see that you tried Seer's suggestion. Let me see if I can rig up something for you to test.
If you tell what file i was suppose to edit that you listed, i can do that.. but I didnt see a file name /location

06-22-13, 03:41 PM   #14
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Unira View Post
If you tell what file i was suppose to edit that you listed, i can do that.. but I didnt see a file name /location
I thought you had already tried my initial suggestion and thus knew what file I was talking about. My apologies for not reading properly

06-22-13, 03:53 PM   #15
Unira
A Murloc Raider

Okay, give the attached vuhdo file a go. Simply copy it into the vuhdo infopanel addons folder to replace the one that's there. It should * touch wood * just turn off the dual stats plugin and built in recount plugin. This then *should* make it so that it would use recount in its original solo addon state.
The Knock worked! Thank you soo much! you guys are awesome!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Customization » nUI: Customizing Layouts » Recount