11-24-09, 05:10 AM   #1
Katasstatoodles
A Defias Bandit
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Moving Ui

Hello all!

Simply I'd like to move the ui I have for my characters to my mothers machine so I can fix her up with my customized ui, but I'm having a few issues.

I've copied the interface and wtf folders as well as renamed the account name and one of the characters to her toons name, however when I log in the addons are at default and the profiles are missing.

I must be doing something wrong if anyone can help me find an easy way to do this I'd appreciate it, It annoys me to no end having to play on the stock ui when I try to help her out, lol.

Thanks for any help y'all can provide!
11-24-09, 06:26 AM   #2
Dawn
A Molten Giant

Have you read through the sticky?

Having trouble installing addons?

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

11-24-09, 08:26 AM   #3
forty2j
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
Have you read through the sticky?

Having trouble installing addons?
I'm not sure that exactly addresses the OP's question.. but if you find a guide on how to create a compilation, that's more or less what he's trying to achieve. A private compilation, with position settings & preferences & such already saved.
11-24-09, 08:58 AM   #4
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

To the OP:

Look through my Guide: Packaging up your UI to share with others. As mentioned in a previous post, what you are trying to do is create a custom compilation so you can share your UI with others. If it's going to be a private only UI (aka you are not going upload it so others can download it), then you can disregard some portions of my guide. However the basics in that guide including file locations will be the same.
11-24-09, 10:38 AM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Also, make sure that when you renamed the account folder, you used her *actual* account name, and not the battle.net account.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-24-09, 05:40 PM   #6
Katasstatoodles
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Zyonin View Post
To the OP:

Look through my Guide: Packaging up your UI to share with others. As mentioned in a previous post, what you are trying to do is create a custom compilation so you can share your UI with others. ~snip~.
Thanks for the link, on my first go through it seems like that was what I was doing (regarding the transfer and rename of the folders) but I'll take a much closer look.

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Also, make sure that when you renamed the account folder, you used her *actual* account name, and not the battle.net account.
This I did, I even copy/pasted the name from her WTF folder to make sure it was right.

Thanks for your help guys, will inform you if it works!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Moving Ui