06-28-10, 09:20 PM   #1
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Pick for 6/27: RealID Toons (new)

My internet connection has been nonexistent at times, so forgive me for this going up late!

RealID Toons:

With the addition of the new Battle.net RealID Friends feature, you now get notices whenever a RealID friend logs into the game (on whatever server or character they choose). However, all you know is that they came online - you don't know if it was on your current server or which character they logged into. This addon will add your friends' character name to both the toaster frame popup and the chat message notifying you that they have come online. There are also extra options to display their server and to class color the character names.

Always be in the know! Read more at the addon's download page.

For previous Picks of the Week, see here.

Are you the author of a mod that you think belongs in this spotlight? Just upload/update it to WoWInterface, and it will automatically be considered for that week's Pick.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-29-10, 01:39 AM   #2
Maelynn
A Fallenroot Satyr

I won't be able to use this addon till tomorrow, when the patch is implemented on the EU servers, but I'm quite interested. I even have to admit that I'm a bit surprised WoW doesn't already mention to which game/toon a friend has logged, because it seems like a logical thing to add to this new feature.

One thing I'd like to remark, though.. on the Addons page where the PotW is listed, it's spelled "ReadID Toons". Just a headsup on the typo. ^^
06-29-10, 08:38 AM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
The character name and server are viewable in the tooltip for your friend in the social window. Just not in the log in/off messages.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-29-10, 10:22 AM   #4
Wella
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Great little 'fix' for something else that Blizzard have missed.
* ncHoverBind - I'm a Lock, what can you expect?
* oGlow - Agan, a missing feature
* Recount - Derp
* ShooShards - Another missing feature

"Your idea is good. So i will try it."
- popmissa
06-29-10, 01:26 PM   #5
Starinnia
Ninja Code Monkey
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Sweet! My first Pick of the Week.

I'm glad you all find it helpful.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » WoWI's Pick(s) of the Week » Pick for 6/27: RealID Toons (new)