09-20-06, 11:43 AM   #1
Aalwein
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
list of ui element names as of 1.12?

Is there an updated list of all the names for the ui elements since 1.12? I need to move the bar that indicates how much a faction is controlling the towers by in EPL. I looked at the WoWWiki but that thing is just so confusing.

anyone point me the right direction?
09-20-06, 12:31 PM   #2
Gello
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You're unlikely to find that information in the wiki. The wiki documents the API and widgets but it doesn't document's the default UI's use of those APIs and widgets. There are thousands of named elements in the default UI.

If the frame receives mouse events (has a tooltip or does something when clicked), put the mouse over it and type:

/script message(GetMouseFocus():GetName())

And it will tell you the name of the frame that receives mouse events beneath the mouse. If it says WorldFrame or nothing at all, then chances are it doesn't receive mouse events.

In that case your best bet is to extract the default UI using Blizzard's tool. The UI forum appears down right now but you can get it from the downloads section of worldofwarcraft.com (called UI toolkit or UI customization kit or something like that). Extract UI data and it will create all the xml files in Blizzard Interface Data\FrameXML.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » list of ui element names as of 1.12?