05-14-09, 07:31 PM   #1
Albie
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Daily Quests no on map

I have been using cartographer for a long time, and ever since I first installed it, it would show the daily quests on the map. I have since had to format and reinstall, and now that I have, I no longer see the dailys. Is there a setting I need to turn on? or perhaps is this a feature that is only displayed when another addon is installed as well? I have been trying to figure this out for a few days. It's not even showing me the "uncompleted quests" that was on my map the first time. And since I just did a fresh install, it should register every quest as "not done".

05-14-09, 07:41 PM   #2
Haavok
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Since you are posting in the Carbonite forums I'll assume you are using it even though you mention Cartographer.

On the quest tracker toolbar there are several colored buttons.
Make sure the green one is on (show quests on map)
Click the yellow button once and it will show all quest givers
Click it a second time and it will turn blue, showing daily quests
Click again to turn it off.

05-14-09, 07:45 PM   #3
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

I'm assuming here that you're talking about Carbonite and not Cartographer, as you had in your post.

Right click the carb minimap button

Choose options >map-minimap

Then check the "show quest-givers" box.

That should fix it for you.

*Edit* or you could just do what Haavok said lol

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

05-14-09, 07:50 PM   #4
Albie
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
ok... I just had the biggest Homer Simpson "DOH!" moment...

For starters, yes, I did mean Carbonite. I had just installed Cartographer to see if that had been what would fix it... and a big thank you to you guys. That was bugging me...

Now, I do have a second question....

Is there a way to flag all quests in a chain as being done? I mean like if I flag the last quest in a chain as being done, then shouldn't all of the previous quests be automatically flagged, instead of having to go through and flag each one manually?

05-14-09, 07:55 PM   #5
Haavok
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Is there a way to flag all quests in a chain as being done?
Not at the moment although this is on our todo list.

Hopefully some day Bliz will give us an API to query quest completion information. It would certainly come in handy for anyone that's going back to old zones trying to figure out which quests are left.

05-14-09, 08:04 PM   #6
Albie
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Most definalty... I was using Quest Helper until I was about level 78, and had finished almost all of the quests in Northrend... So once I installed Carbonite, I had to go back and try to remember if I had done the quest or not... and after 1,600 quest completions... that's hard, lol.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Daily Quests no on map